Thanks for ruining my (phantom based) outfit

discbox

I will never buy anything from your Cartel Shop. Never!

What's going on in the mind of someone who decides to change the outfit of a chestpiece?

I bought it from GHN for credits. I bought it becouse it looked nice in the past. Now you changed it to ******.

And thats why i wont spend any money in BioWare Games in the future.

stpd idts!

Ahahahahahahaha..

TOR really is starting to slide down the slippery slope of SWG. I mean really, do you think they have meetings every week where they discuss what the can do to piss off their customers next week? I think Star Wars MMOs must have some kind of bad dev team curse or something. I'm dead serious.

It has to be a curse....

I want to believe that someone will make a SW MMO that is not so FUBAR.

But my hopes are dwindling very fast.

Frankly, I find the new version wonderful. Much better than boring older one. /shrug

^This. The old one was boring. No imagination in the design. So the fix it like they said they would and people are mad? Make up your minds. Do want them to fix mistakes that they have actually acknowledged or not? Can't have it both ways. And everyone who bought it knew a fix was coming to make it look like the advertised pics. If you bought it after they said they would fix it, your fault.

^This. The old one was boring. No imagination in the design. So the fix it like they said they would and people are mad? Make up your minds. Do want them to fix mistakes that they have actually acknowledged or not? Can't have it both ways. And everyone who bought it knew a fix was coming to make it look like the advertised pics. If you bought it after they said they would fix it, your fault.

Yes, and the new one is such an improvement. More crappy weird shoulder/chest fluff and some weird looking stuff on the gloves that makes no sense at all. I actually liked the old look, it was simple and clean. Don't see many armors like that.

Yes, and the new one is such an improvement. More crappy weird shoulder/chest fluff and some weird looking stuff on the gloves that makes no sense at all. I actually liked the old look, it was simple and clean. Don't see many armors like that.

But at least it is black. :D

I guess they should offer refunds for those angry with the new looks, though.

Refund who exactly? The OP didn't buy the outfit from the Cartel Market. He bought it from another player. So to refund the player in the OP's case would involve taking the credits he paid other players away from them and giving it back to him.

Should they give the refund to the original purchaser? What if the original purchaser is happy with the way it looks and doesn't want a refund?

A much better idea would be to allow players to choose between which version they want to wear. Other games manage to provide multiple style options without any difficulty, this game should be able to do it as well.

A much better idea would be to allow players to choose between which version they want to wear. Other games manage to provide multiple style options without any difficulty, this game should be able to do it as well.

Yes, that would be a MUCH better idea. And simple to do, as programming for both looks has now been done. Still waiting for an explanation as to why they are not offering this.

I honestly think they'd pay more attention to it if we filled up a whole forum page with these threads, rather than distilling them into one easy-to-ignore thread.

Not really, forums represent a miniscule percentage of the population, more like 5%. They changed it because it would be false advertising to not deliver what promo artwork on the pack displayed and thee dev tracker details them stating it was incorrect a month ago.

Not really, forums represent a miniscule percentage of the population, more like 5%. They changed it because it would be false advertising to not deliver what promo artwork on the pack displayed and thee dev tracker details them stating it was incorrect a month ago.

Forums represent exactly such a miniscule percentage of players, yet we are being told one small forum thread of complaints (people complaining the gear matched previews rather than artwork) was the reason for all these changes being implemented.

We are given no information as to whether these complainants had bought the gear in question and were disappointed or merely disliked it and so would not purchase, and would like the 'artwork look' to be available.

I think that is what has a lot of us baffled.

It very much seems to suggest those of us who had been quietly bumbling along playing the game should start shouting on the forums instead.

Edited by winterjane

There were multiple threads where people were pissed at the appearances not matching what was advertised.

Now there are multiple threads where people are enraged that the looks have changed.

How, exactly, should BW have handled this to please both groups?

Add a second variant called New Phantom or New Trailblazer and mail them to those whose accounts issued such a complaint. (Those who only complained on the forums, sorry.) Add the New variants to the packs and let the future buyers have a chance at either version.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar