50 PvP Questions

Skapek-Skocap

I've been playing Merc for a while now, and I've got 3 pieces of EWH including Mainhand but I was posing a question to those out there to see what you're rolling with:

1: Power VS Aim - I've been really conflicted on what to do, a few weeks ago I had around 1950~ aim and very little power, but now I've lost some aim to around 1750-1850 aim and around 750 power and I've been hitting a lot harder and doing overall better numbers in damage. What are you guys opinions? Should I continue stacking power or start going back to Aim now with power so high?

2: What EWH set are you guys running? For WH I was running a full Eliminator setup, but now with the question of Power vs Crit or Vs Accuracy, I'm not sure what I should run or start mixing with CT a little bit as well.

I go with all Aim over Power. We have the skill box that adds 9% aim which basically makes all aim boosted to 109% of normal, bringing it almost exactly equal with power.

Normally the trade off is that Power gives a tiny tiny tiny bit more damage, and Aim gives Crit Rating. But with the boost to Aim bringing it just about in line with Power (damage-wise), there is no reason to go with Power (as a Merc DPS).

I stick to the 4 piece eliminator. Not much to back this up other than its what I feel works the best.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Power vs. Aim: It depends on the trade-off ratio. Given a choice between 1 pt of Power and 1 pt of Aim, go with the Aim. However there will be opportunities where you can trade 1 pt of Aim for 2 pts of Power. That is a trade worth doing.

EWH set: Eliminator all the way. Pull mod/enhancements from other sets if you want. But there is zero reason for a Merc dps not to have the 4 piece Eliminator set bonus.

Actually if you play pyro you sure need the 4-piece eliminator set for the 15% RS crit bonus. But I play arsenal and I prefer 2-piece PVE set bonus for 15% crit on TM. To get it I bought 2 campaign armorings for gloves and boots, they are the most affordable and have same stats as more expensive ones for chest and head, 72 BH comms for both. Then I just replaced armoring in my WH gear with them. What I'm loosing is 100 expertise and almost useless for arsenal 15% crit on RS, and the gain is around 65 aim, 30 endurance and nice set bonus. So I still got 20 sec cd on jet boost from pvp set bonus and over 50% crit chance on a hard hitting TM. Edited by Quantasm