1v1 tourney - now taking entries!

NadirPalo

Attention all: I'm a dumb*** and scheduled this on top of the AFC Championship game. Moving tournament to 10pm-midnight. If you can no longer make it your entry fee will be refunded.

In addition, Bromontana has generously offered to donate 1mil to the prize pool. Thanks, bro!

got 32 spots to fill, folks. don't be shy! all are welcome :)

for more info see this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=571477

EDIT: my apologies for the forum spam

Edited by NadirPalo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadir, can you make it so that people can only wear recruit gear/PvE equivalent tier gear, this will make this tourney more about the skill, rather than the gear.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this post :(

Also: I will participate if I have the time

-Moryy, level 50 Gunslinger, Rubat Crystal HERO!

RIP Murdertrain

Edited by seefouruno

Nadir, can you make it so that people can only wear recruit gear/PvE equivalent tier gear, this will make this tourney more about the skill, rather than the gear.

RIP Murdertrain

theres 3 pages of discussion of rules and suggestions in the link provided. Read before posting.

RIP Murdertrain

I think in the original thread for this tourney there is talk of Pax holding a recruit tourney or something? Maybe? We felt that 1.6 closed the gear gap quite a bit and limiting gear (with the exception of PVE relics of course) is unnecessary. For example, between 1.6 dropping and right now, I've bought and almost min-maxed my PVP set on my shadow and the tourney is still 2 weeks away. I understand the concern, though.

and RIP Murdertrain indeed :p

and for everyone else: keep signing up we are nowhere near full! :)

this means im out but ill be there to cheer... i hope

d'awww :(

Seriously though, I currently do NOT have enough participants to actually put this tourney on. I'm not sure what's stopping people from signing up but let me remind you all, there are cash prizes for 1st-7th place.

Even the top PVP guilds have only a single entry so far (and some have none). What happened, we take away your perfect-comp teams of 3, 5, or 8 and suddenly everyone is too scared to compete? Ebon Hawk, I am disappoint.

Thanks to those who have signed up so far... we will still be taking entries all week :)

Edited by NadirPalo

That sucks. I'd sign up, but I'm a healer.

Thanks for the thought though... and on that note, if anyone would like to get involved but not compete, I'm in dire need of referees as well. I'll by typing up an easy checklist to use and you'll get to hang out with us scrubs in the Team Incon mumble for an hour or so :D

Edited by NadirPalo

Seriously though, I currently do NOT have enough participants to actually put this tourney on. I'm not sure what's stopping people from signing up but let me remind you all, there are cash prizes for 1st-7th place.

Even the top PVP guilds have only a single entry so far (and some have none). What happened, we take away your perfect-comp teams of 3, 5, or 8 and suddenly everyone is too scared to compete? Ebon Hawk, I am disappoint.

Thanks to those who have signed up so far... we will still be taking entries all week :)

Nads, I will be house hunting this weekend and possibly next, however, if I manage to get it squared away this weekend I'll run on one of my characters for ***** and giggles.

In return I demand that you duel me on Asami so that I can get more practice since I'm usually guard swapping in mid :p

Nads, I will be house hunting this weekend and possibly next, however, if I manage to get it squared away this weekend I'll run on one of my characters for ***** and giggles.

In return I demand that you duel me on Asami so that I can get more practice since I'm usually guard swapping in mid :p

Good luck with that Alex! I'd love to duel you for an hour or so anytime just let me know :)

this starts after the playoffs that day right? Also i'll donate 1m to the total prize pool so hopefully more people will sign up.

Edited by Badfenix

Might be in the best interest of attendence. lol :D

Hrm. I just looked, he game starts at 6:30 EST. FML, I was counting on an 8:30 start. Will change tourney to 10-midnight.

I will mail all participants signed up so far and see if they can make 10pm for the tourney. Thanks for the heads-up guys :) Hopefully more people can participate now.

Edited by NadirPalo

Was about to enter when I saw the time. 10 to midnight on a Sunday is gonna rule out a whole lot of folks who have to get up at the crack of dawn on Monday.

I know.

If it doesn't come together I might try again later in the year with an earlier time.

Mraxis Lynch here.

I'm signing up for this, I'll send you the requested information, and entry fee via in game mail.

If you have any spots left, I'll get my buddy Cyn Murakami to as well.

Looking forward to all of this Nadir, thank you for hosting it :)

Edited by SonofScary

Just a statistics update for you all, with 5 days remaining to sign up:

16/32 spots filled. This event will not happen without 32 entries.

11 repubs, only 5 imps!!!

12 different guilds represented so far. We welcome (expect, even) multiple entries from the same guild.

7/8 advanced classes entered. So, in response to the tellss I get every time I spam /pvp, no, its not just assasins.

2.6 mil credits in prizes, through 7th place.

I've had several people ask me why I'm organizing this. This is a no-profit tourney for us, 100% of entry fees will be returned to participants. In light of a lot of players feeling bored/frustrated with the normal wz queue lately, I just wanted to see something different on this server and celebrate the the spirit of competition. I know many top players on this server would love to transfer out but for now, we're stuck with each other so let's make the best of it and try to have some fun.

-Nads

Edited by NadirPalo

One important concern to bring up.

Since the tournament location will take place on Voss, if I recall correctly, expertise will have no effect there. Expertise only takes effect in designated PvP areas I think (?).

If this is a concern or not is up to you, but PvE gear would be the best choice in a non-expertise zone.

Edited by Jenzali