dps operative

abdankabdan

Hi,

i dunno about joining some guild - depends on people. But thing is, DPS ops lag behind. It happened to me that i was kicked from some Group finder queues, couple of times for being op, or that some ppl simply left grp spotting me there.

This doesnt happen nowadays, as i have good gear (playing from game start). But for raids, you'll be left behind for any other ranged DPS - sniper or merc, or simply some melee class like marauder of juggernaut, even dps assassin.

Can we do raid content - in good gear, certainly yes. But if you're raid leader, why would you take someone when you know, that even if you're insanely good, you will sill lack at least 10% behind good marauder, while marauder has even better group utility?

Atm, we're good DPS, but we certainly dont excel there.

If you want ranged DPS, roll sniper. Sad, but true.

I've never had a problem with my dps op. I once got told if I wanted to dps I shouldn't have rolled a op... I just said I pay for account and play how I want to play. He quickly apologised and had a quick run. People are quick to jump on the bandwagon and rubbish a class without knowing the facts. Are we slower at killing mobs than other classes? Maybe, but that is quickly offset by the amount of mobs we can cc and therefore bypass speeding the run up. Don't worry about what others think. I've found dps op to be the most flexible class yet and quickest to progress

Do DPS Operatives put up crazy numbers like other classes do on a regular basis? No, they dont. That's the truth, at least with all things being equal. That said, DPS is completely viable for any reason in this game and you shouldn't be quick to judge a class just based off what the forums say.

The thing with Operatives is that they require a lot of thinking ahead to do, and basically a higher skill level to play than other classes, which leads a lot of people to consider them broken or whatever. They are a totally viable class, but you have to learn how to play an Operative correctly, and that can be difficult to do. Again, you wont put up a lot of those crazy rediculous numbers that other classes can put up easily, but you can definitely help your team out in ways that dont show up on the scoreboard but are nonetheless extremely helpful.

When talking about endgame, we're not accepted to raids and can only dream about rated Warzones. Unless we spec. heals.

Go figgure. I dont say we're bad dps, i just say we lag behind more that those 5% like BW promised. And we lag so much, that we're not accepted as DPS.

We can do content, yes, for sure - if you have friends, that will accept you love your ops and will accept that they loose like 300dps in raid - sure we can go raiding too.

As for PvP, dps OP is just poor compared to assassin, because lack so many tools assassin have. Again, you can be accepted there etc etc (like above).

But you end inevitably at healing at endgame (after you worked you a** off to be on par with other classes and you find you simply cant).:mad:

Yes operatives suffer due to their dps rotation having more holes in it than swiss cheese. If it were evened out with some changes they wouldn't be too bad.

As concealment in HM's during trash killing they are amazing. Their spike damage and limited dps rotation works great. On bosses they suffer greatly due to mobility issues and a clumpy rotations. Some of the best may keep their roll as dps but if you have ever played a sniper you will quickly find how beautiful their dps rotation and damage is compared to an operative.

Sniper dps is like a music director conducting an orchestra. Operative dps is like a room full of chimpanzees smashing random percussion instruments together.

Edited by Tamanous

i never see any dps op in endgame raid such as hm tfb or nim ec,

so there must be some reason,

if u can form ur own group, there won't be any problem.

ps: if u don't wanna play endgame, then u r fine, i saw some dps os in hm fps.

Edited by oakamp

*sigh* yes you will be fine going end game DPS but it is a hard slog to get and you will need a good guild that will be cool with you going dps.

i found that the best way to do dps now is to go heals in groups and just use the gear drops you get for your tier gear drops on the dps gear you want but even then you will still need to change some of the mods around to get the right stats and all that.

It's a expensive thing to do and you will need a LOT of time to get it right and a *********** **** LOAD OF CREDITS and i mean a **** load of credits.

be prepaired for one of the hardest things you will ever have to do in gaming to beable to do endgame raiding on your ops dps but once you get it just right it's the best feeling in the world giving all those that hate our class a big **** you with the middle finger :D

Like others have pointed out, dps ops are o.k. (not fine) but one problem is what you can do others can do the same with more team utility or they are just flat out better at what you can do with less work. If played wrong you will be out of your resource for attacks in just a few attacks and stuck using your non resource attack till you are not "tired". Try not to let it go below 50-60% (the higher it is, the faster it builds) that way you can constantly attack with good attacks.