NU2001? How do we fix this?

Wraiven

Far as I can tell NU2001 is an error code that indicates there was some error in processing your billing. I found some references to it on some EA forums for FIFA 13 and Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances. One of the forum posts states they purchased it on Origin.

I am assuming you are getting this error for SWTOR or you wouldn't be here. I would contact EA customer support with this issue: https://help.ea.com/

Also, in the future try putting the error code into Google. You can learn a lot about what is wrong that way ;)

Far as I can tell NU2001 is an error code that indicates there was some error in processing your billing. I found some references to it on some EA forums for FIFA 13 and Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances. One of the forum posts states they purchased it on Origin.

I am assuming you are getting this error for SWTOR or you wouldn't be here. I would contact EA customer support with this issue: https://help.ea.com/

Also, in the future try putting the error code into Google. You can learn a lot about what is wrong that way ;)

This did not help me, not even a little bit. From what I am reading, this has been an issue for over 2 years? There is still no fix and many players have been forced to quit the game (or any other EA game for this matter) due to this NU2001 bug? So basically, since my card will no longer work (although there is no block on it, just verified with my credit card company) I will have no choice to move on once my sub runs out. Reason for this is, when they bill my card for my next sub, it will not work for them because of this NU2001.

Guess I should go ahead and say my goodbyes. :(

I was having a issue almost identical to yours with my card and all, I would even get the "pre-auth" dollar put on my card and everything. Possibly somehow EA couldn't talk to my particular bank for a confirm that the charge got placed? I doubt it. How I got around it was just using the card through paypal. Why that should matter? I have no real idea besides EA having issues or something on their end. :/

From the EA website:

The NU2001 code is payment and billing related. It could appear after changing payment method a couple of times, or purchasing with a US credit card from e.g. Mexico or a wide array of other reasons. If you encounter this error code you have to contact EA billing support advisors at help.ea.com and ask for a unlock.
Edited by Nemhauser

From the EA website:

First, their description as to why this happens is wrong. I have no ties with Mexico what-so-ever and neither does my bank. I used this same card since game release and never had any issues with it.

I just got off phone with Support and honestly, the lady I spoke with was completely untrained on this issue, even though it is the number one billing issue they have. Their training on such matters is none existent other than to "escalate" the issue and "call back later".

So now, I get to wait in a call list all over again and hope to God that whomever I talk to next is more trained with this NU2001 thing.

First, their description as to why this happens is wrong. I have no ties with Mexico what-so-ever and neither does my bank. I used this same card since game release and never had any issues with it.

I just got off phone with Support and honestly, the lady I spoke with was completely untrained on this issue, even though it is the number one billing issue they have. Their training on such matters is none existent other than to "escalate" the issue and "call back later".

So now, I get to wait in a call list all over again and hope to God that whomever I talk to next is more trained with this NU2001 thing.

I'm sure there is part of the story you aren't sharing. If you have a major vendor credit card/check card and your information is up to date, you won't see this error.

I'm sure there is part of the story you aren't sharing. If you have a major vendor credit card/check card and your information is up to date, you won't see this error.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am sure you will sing a different tune when this happens to you.

What is NU2001?

It is the reason I will be unsubbing here in the very near future, sadly.

I enjoy the game, I really do, but with this error code, I am unable to purchase Cartel Coins, I am unable to purchase the expansion, and I will be unable to renew my subscription when it expires here in about a month. To make matters worse, I cant even use a different card, I've tried switching cards, and I always get the "We cannot process transactions on this card" error.

I've tried calling customer service, but those people are either liars, or they don't know their jobs. After spending over an hour on hold, I had one CS rep tell me it was a common problem, and the phone disconnected when he attempted to transfer me, I called back, and spent another hour on hold to talk to someone who said that the problem was very unusual, and he had never heard of it before. One of them was either a liar, or grossly incompetent, but regardless, the second one finally was able to transfer me to billing (another 30 minutes on hold), only for them to tell me that I needed to send them an e-mail. I did, and the reply I got said I needed to call customer service.

I'm sorry, I've tried to stick it out, but this error, and the complete lack of support I've gotten from Customer Service have made it impossible to keep my subscription up (seriously, I can't even yell "Shut up and take my money!" to these people, they clearly don't want it), so I will enjoy the game until my subscription is over, and then I will let it lapse. If Bioware/EA doesn't want my money, I'll take it somewhere else.

My experience with customer service wasn't any better. First, they demand I send them my ID, because they do not believe that my name is a real name? Huh? So then I am told that after I send them my ID/Drivers License that I do not need to call back? Say what? Why would I not want to call back? So I am just supposed to sit and wait and hope to god that somebody competent gets my email and sends it to the correct department? Then after that I have to sit and wonder if this issue will be taken care of in a timely manner?

So, I give them all my info, my private security questions and all that jazz and it's not good enough. I can tell you right now, I am pretty ticked off.

lol .

OP and Arkerus you need to go look in the customer service forum at the Post that's now 186 pages long about this and related errors..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=555534

Its not the OP's fault :(

Edited by JBusta

This did not help me, not even a little bit. From what I am reading, this has been an issue for over 2 years? There is still no fix and many players have been forced to quit the game (or any other EA game for this matter) due to this NU2001 bug? So basically, since my card will no longer work (although there is no block on it, just verified with my credit card company) I will have no choice to move on once my sub runs out. Reason for this is, when they bill my card for my next sub, it will not work for them because of this NU2001.

Guess I should go ahead and say my goodbyes. :(

Yes, and like there isnt any other or half a dozen payment methods avaible, you are realy forced to not play.

Oh wait!!

Have you heard of paysafecard or pay pall?! and there is more i bet.

Yes, and like there isnt any other or half a dozen payment methods avaible, you are realy forced to not play.

Oh wait!!

Have you heard of paysafecard or pay pall?! and there is more i bet.

You obviously are way behind in how this bug works. No other card or payment method will work, as this bug affects ALL payment methods. Don't sit back and try and call me out to be a moron when you have no idea what you are talking about. You're only showing your age.

You obviously are way behind in how this bug works. No other card or payment method will work, as this bug affects ALL payment methods. Don't sit back and try and call me out to be a moron when you have no idea what you are talking about. You're only showing your age.

Not only that, in the thread on the support forum there are people who said it transfered with their payment method. Which means it's a GAME ACCOUNT problem, not a problem on the side of your bank or credit card company. So switching from one Creditcard to another won't help, nor does switching from creditcard to paypal, nor does anything else. It's something that Customerservice and/or billing have to sort out, but the both are constantly referring to the other, with seemingly very few of their employees capable of actually doing anything. How or why some accounts bug out, nobody knows.

And yes, I ran into this myself as well last night while trying to purchase some Cartel Coins. I have serious doubts I should even bother contacting support. I really like this game, but from the reports, it seems they simply can't sort it out, so chances are that my account will revert to Preferred in a few months.

I keep getting this too when trying to purchase the expansion, and theres no way im calling customer support due to all the horror stories. Instead I bought the Rift expansion, and i guess i'll just wait for Makeb later

Look... its EA. Don't expect competence.

Your choices are:

1) Move on to a new game

2) Explore alternative payment solutions (paypal, prepaid credit card, EA gametime cards, etc)

Best of luck.

EA program flags accounts if they make to many purchases.. i play this game and LoU and got flagged for buying things.. on both games to many times in a 24 hour period... during a holiday... you morons... so i have sent the rectal monkey in the sky my I.D so my account can be white listed. (cause that makes so much sense).

btw when they flag your account it takes 24-72 hours and if you try again and fail in that time frame the time resets..

Edited by Nigredo

you are ignorant to the situation and should not speak..

EA program flags accounts if they make to many purchases.. i play this game and LoU and got flagged for buying things.. on both games to many times in a 24 hour period... during a holiday... you morons... so i have sent the rectal monkey in the sky my I.D so my account can be white listed. (cause that makes so much sense).

btw when they flag your account it takes 24-72 hours and if you try again and fail in that time frame the time resets..

The thing is: the purchase itself sometimes bugs or lags out. Don't ask me why, but it does. Sometimes on the first step of the process already, sometimes on the second, sometimes on the third or last. Waiting 5 minutes and then trying again CAN work. However, these failed purchases DO seem to count to get NU2001 flagged. Like, first try fails (page timeout or something), second try fails (again a page timeout or script taking a second too long to get some info from their payment system), third try finally succeeds and you get what you want. Then, you try to buy some more cartel points again, again the system getting a coule of timeouts, and then suddenly presenting you with the NU2001 message. Logically, only succesful payments or payments rejected by the CC company should count towards an NU2001 flag, so the first 3 steps of the payment process simply shouldn't count at all!

Don't ask me why, I gladly didn't build that unreliable p.o.s.

But there are definitely several things in that whole process that need fixing, streamlining, optimizing and get overhauled to operate more logical. I bet there are number of steps in that process where way more data is being transmitted back and forth between the server and the transaction API than necessary, probably some more than once within the same process even, causing lag, which causes timeouts when the script makes calls, which causes yet more flags to get this problem.

Yes, I've been a programmer, and have seen interns and sloppy writers make mistakes causing too similar problems..

• 3 weeks later...
I am having the same issue and have been for over a week. I've talked to customer service, who said to check w/ my Bank. My bank doesn't have a block on the card. The other thing they suggested is to 'wait 30 days and see if the issue resolves itself'...which isn't a fix at all. There 'isn't more to the story'. Do the research yourself, this issue is affecting a lot of ppl. And my bank: is a local credit union. Furthermore, it doesn't affect renewing subscriptions. I just renewed and had no problem. The issue is only with purchasing ingame funds. And, according to two years of prior posts for other EA games and SWTOR, the issue is not only happening to others, but they're getting the same run around. And there is no 'more to my story' as you put it. I pay a monthly subscription.. Last friday, I got paid, I bought cartel coins. I went to buy MORE cartel coins and BOOM: NU2001 and have been having the error ever since. I'm sorry for everyone who this error is affecting. Next payday, I'm going to pick up a Pre Paid VISA and see if that works. If it does, I'll update this post. And for those of you who haven't had this error. I truly hope you don't. I'd honestly rather you believe that the issue is US and we 'arent telling the whole story' and be able to buy YOUR coins than have to deal with this issue. So for your sake, I hope everything continues to work fine. I wouldn't wish this frustration on anyone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've been having this issue for at least a month and a half now. First I made a help ticket and they told me to call customer service. After being on hold for at least 40 minutes I was told to update my information, call my bank, and try in 24 hours. I did all that and the bug wasn't fixed. I called them the next day. 30 minutes of hold later I was talking with another confused sounding customer service rep. He said I had to go through their "special" billing unit. 20 minutes more on hold.. The "special" billing guy told me to e-mail him my id and he'd send it to this mysterious back room guy to do a work around... or something... and that the problem would be fixed in 2-3 business days. Well... 2 weeks later I still have the error. If I can't renew my subscription when it runs out I don't think I'll be playing anymore. It seems ridiculous that they wouldn't have a work around for a common problem because they're losing money like this.