Marauder Crew Skills (I'm sorry if this is repeatative)

Recklessonee

Hey guys and gals,

I just started playing SWTOR and definitely need the advice of those of you with experience. I have played WoW quite a bit in the past so I sort of know what's going on, but only barley. I made, and just reached the space station off Korriban, a Sith Marauder and now need to get my crew skills. I've read a lot about them but am having trouble deciding. Synthweaving seems to be a good choice but I also like the idea of either making my own lightsabers or going with money professions. Please any advice on which is the better choice and why would be greatly appreciated. Also, please include the other two skills to go with the main one. Thank you!

I found that biochem is a good profession for your first character (though mine was an Agent, not Mara). You get to make your own stims, medpacks and implants -- all good stuff. Artifice is pretty useful as you're levelling, just for the gear enhancements and being able to choose which crystals you slot. Synthweaving... it's ok as it goes, but I'd leave that for an alt if you're just starting off. You get wearable gear as you go and once you start accumulating oranges you'll want to just slot in upgrade components rather than grab a whole new kit.

BTW: I have no idea which skills are viable for endgame or GTN moneymaking... just suggesting what might be good for someone new to the game.

also: the codex entry for the skill will tell you what gathering/mission skills go with what.

Edited by Trismegiste
adding things

They are all good / viable. You will probably roll a few more toons once your starter toon reaches 50. You can select new crew skills for these alts ...

NOTE: you can always unlearn crew skills and retrain a different set if you don't like your initial choice.

It would help folks make recommendations if you said what you want from crafting. Do you love to craft to sell stuff or are you more interested in crafting stuff for your own use?

Later on, you're going to get a companion that has a +5% chance to crit with synthweaving, which is nice to have. Each class gets companions with different crew skill proficiencies. You may have noticed that Vette has +5% chance to crit with Treasure Hunting.

You can see what professions go with synthweaving by opening your missions menu, clicking the codex tab at the bottom of the window and reading the codex entry for synthweaving. I believe the gathering skill for synthweaving is archaeology and the mission skill is underworld trading.