How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

Since they now have released solo FP capabilities in game.. the only thing (IMO) they should do is give players the ability to use the god-bot and solo the FPs. Why? Because it's way old content now and so any random players ability to get a group together to go for HK parts has been significantly impeded. Most players who want HK already have HK... so unless a person has a guild or a group of friends they can tap on demand... this part is a problem that is in no way the players fault.

Other then that... it's fine. IT'S A SCAVENGER HUNT after all.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they now have released solo FP capabilities in game.. the only thing (IMO) they should do is give players the ability to use the god-bot and solo the FPs. Why? Because it's way old content now and so any random players ability to get a group together to go for HK parts has been significantly impeded. Most players who want HK already have HK... so unless a person has a guild or a group of friends they can tap on demand... this part is a problem that is in no way the players fault.

Other then that... it's fine. IT'S A SCAVENGER HUNT after all.

So, basically yesterdays toast goes down a lot better with robogod. ;) I'm cool with that, BUT... he has to scan for HK parts too. Watching him scan an area at super speed while I finish my toast would be quite enjoyable.

God no. The quest is easy as is, you just need to think a bit about triangulation.

This comment is pure BS as the scan gives no indication on direction for a triangulation.. you can only possibly do that when you already have found the location and are within 25m but that is not the hard part.

I tried again today and found it within 15 min so its pure luck if you have to search for 3h+ or just find it almost immediately.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that it is totally random. It took 5 of us several hours to find the piece near the dark temple. If we had to do it individually it could have taken even longer than that or we could have found it on the first try. People are incorrectly judging by what they think they know instead of the effort it could take.

Also not factoring in that once it pops it is only in that place for a short amount of time then it has to reset and then it is random where its new position is. All of which can extends the amount of time it takes for the next person to find it.

I don't even have HK yet and I'm saying no to this.

I'm looking forward to a little searching.

The problem is you might be doing a whole lot of searching.

People seem to be ignoring the fact that it is totally random. It took 5 of us several hours to find the piece near the dark temple. If we had to do it individually it could have taken even longer than that or we could have found it on the first try. People are incorrectly judging by what they think they know instead of the effort it could take.

Also not factoring in that once it pops it is only in that place for a short amount of time then it has to reset and then it is random where its new position is. All of which can extends the amount of time it takes for the next person to find it.

The problem is you might be doing a whole lot of searching.

I'm pleased to say, I only had to do a little searching.

If the following is considered "little":

• 8 Hours on Hoth (not a minute after I landed on Hoth, someone found it, on the other instance. Pure torture followed.
  • 5 Hours on Taris
  • 30 MInutes on DK
  • 5 Minutes on Coruscant (someone was within 20 meters when I showed up).

Yay for a "little" searching right? I love HK, but until they change this, I am never getting HK on any other character. Just making for it work like the GSI Droid I forget the name of would make it way faster.

• 8 Hours on Hoth (not a minute after I landed on Hoth, someone found it, on the other instance. Pure torture followed.
  • 5 Hours on Taris
  • 30 MInutes on DK

Yay for a "little" searching right? I love HK, but until they change this, I am never getting HK on any other character. Just making for it work like the GSI Droid I forget the name of would make it way faster.

That was pretty much my groups decision. As I said we had 5 of us and still had problems. It has been a while but I think our luck was reversed on ours. I don't remember it taking us very long on Hoth(comparatively with 5), but think it was about 2 hours on DK.

Edit: Our group found it but there were quite a few others looking at the same time so that just really compounds the ridiculousness of it.

Edited by Sorwen

• 5 Hours on Taris
  • 30 MInutes on DK

I soloed the mission 3 times already, first time took a bit longer and was 6 hours finding those parts, then once I know what I'm doing the next two times I spent only 4 hours, from Section X to the HK cut scene.

Gonna do this again on another alt today and I'm definitely expecting less than an hour per piece.

Edit: 2 hours 40minutes this time, spent 40 mins in Jedi Temple because the piece is literally at the end of my scan path...

Edited by adbe_

Oh, this thread again... Let me tell you a story. One evening I sat down and decided that I wanted my next character, a Dark Side Sith Warrior, to have HK with him to avoid constantly losing affection with Vette. So I took my Sorcerer, set the two Flashpoints with the parts to Group Finder, and had them all collected by the time I went to sleep. Even if I had to do Dromund Kaas twice as I got a Group Finder hit just after the scanner told me that the part was within 10 meters. And it wasn't even that long ago, I finished chapter 3 with that Warrior/Marauder on Saturday. Nothing too difficult about it.

Cool story. Now let me tell you a story. I decided to do the same thing. I set the 2 flashpoints to groupfinder then went off to DK to find the part there. When I got there, I was lucky to find 3 others looking for the part to group with. 3 hours later I had neither found the DK part nor had a hit on groupfinder. So yes, the parts ARE a little too difficult to find right now.

Cool story. Now let me tell you a story. I decided to do the same thing. I set the 2 flashpoints to groupfinder then went off to DK to find the part there. When I got there, I was lucky to find 3 others looking for the part to group with. 3 hours later I had neither found the DK part nor had a hit on groupfinder. So yes, the parts ARE a little too difficult to find right now.

They are no more difficult to find now than they were a year ago, If you cannot find the parts on the various planets within 30 minutes or so, then you do not understand how to use the excavator.

Started it yesterday, assembled HK today.

Follow a pattern when searching. Problem solved, problem staying solved.

Taris, had the part within 10-15 min. DK was longest, around 90 min to two hours, after all the area's pretty big. Hoth, not even halfway through the circle around the wreck. Coruscant, another 15-odd minutes.

Searching through the ship and both FPs took a lot longer.

Taris, had the part within 10-15 min. DK was longest, around 90 min to two hours, after all the area's pretty big. Hoth, not even halfway through the circle around the wreck. Coruscant, another 15-odd minutes.

Your missing the problem though its location is totally random. The time it could take is the time it takes to search every inch of every area...twice because there is a small cooldown before it repops for finding. You could potentially complete each area in the few seconds it takes for the first scan to happen. If you've been lucky and it hasn't taken long that is great, but it isn't necessarily that someone is doing something wrong if it takes them hours for pieces.

It was all no problem-- but on my 57 Guardian I really struggled killing Kilran solo HM.

I don't get it, was watching a 55 Marauder do it easily on an old video, but when I try it I interrupt his shield thing and he - apparently - stops doing his snipe phase, but then he goes ahead an ONE SHOTS my companion.

He does a buttload of damage as well.

They are no more difficult to find now than they were a year ago, If you cannot find the parts on the various planets within 30 minutes or so, then you do not understand how to use the excavator.

Of course they are, because there are fewer people looking for them now. This has nothing to do with understanding how to use the excavator and everything to do with the fact that the quest doesn't work as intended anymore because it was intended to be done with a lot of people looking and almost no one is now.

It was all no problem-- but on my 57 Guardian I really struggled killing Kilran solo HM.

I don't get it, was watching a 55 Marauder do it easily on an old video, but when I try it I interrupt his shield thing and he - apparently - stops doing his snipe phase, but then he goes ahead an ONE SHOTS my companion.

He does a buttload of damage as well.

Remember, 3.0 had a "stat squish." In lay man's terms; level 60 will be roughly equivalent to the old level 55. Expect content to be a bit difficult until then.

Of course they are, because there are fewer people looking for them now. This has nothing to do with understanding how to use the excavator and everything to do with the fact that the quest doesn't work as intended anymore because it was intended to be done with a lot of people looking and almost no one is now.

I have found them solo at least twice.

Again, if it takes you more than a 1/2 hour (more or less) to find them, you do not understand how to use the excavator.

Again, if it takes you more than a 1/2 hour (more or less) to find them, you do not understand how to use the excavator.

Soloed them twice myself as well. You're quite right about the time in most cases, Dromund Kaas might be an exception. Still, finding the parts is easy enough already, the flashpoints are the only even remotely tricky part here.

If you scan random spots and run around the area aimlessly, then yes, it's difficult.

Plan a route and follow that route until you get "component found within..." and when you get that just start scanning surrounding area.

Dromund Kaas was especially annoying. Spent a few hours scanning. Switched instances, scanned near the entrance to the cave w/the matrix shard assembler and got "you are within 20m" alert.

:confused:

Congratulations, you have incredible luck. Not everyone does.

If you scan random spots and run around the area aimlessly, then yes, it's difficult.

Plan a route and follow that route until you get "component found within..." and when you get that just start scanning surrounding area.

That's exactly what I do. It still takes hours because the area is so big.