Top 10 Reasons Why Star Wars: The Old Republic is my WoW Killer

anethers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone hate Jar Jar, I thought he was a great add, someone had to fill in for comic relief till R2 and C3PO could get together... LOL... Okay yes the salute to Ebonics was hard to understand but I still liked him as a character...

LOL, Wow was my wow killer. I didn''t have money to buy WOTLK and still play, (I needed to eat) So I took a break and got a deal for Eve online for $5. After cata came out I resubbed and had enough money to buy it. I found out that I had to also buy WOTLK and that was it, I was done with wow. Hopefully any expansions for SW won''t be as expensive, or even free.

lol I still have an email saying I have 7 free days to try the new wow.

LOL, Wow was my wow killer. I didn''t have money to buy WOTLK and still play, (I needed to eat) So I took a break and got a deal for Eve online for $5. After cata came out I resubbed and had enough money to buy it. I found out that I had to also buy WOTLK and that was it, I was done with wow. Hopefully any expansions for SW won''t be as expensive, or even free.

lol I still have an email saying I have 7 free days to try the new wow.

I just got that too. Seemed a little silly to me. Like 25% of a monthly fee is what's preventing me from playing that game. haha.

Why does everyone hate Jar Jar, I thought he was a great add, someone had to fill in for comic relief till R2 and C3PO could get together... LOL... Okay yes the salute to Ebonics was hard to understand but I still liked him as a character...

To me Jar Jar felt forced. Like some marketing exec took a look at the movie and said "we need a toy."

It's a well put together list, though I think Pandaren have always been cool people are just sick of WoW and fans know that this expansion has as much lore background as the Old Gods did from Warcraft 3 (None).

People are tired of WoW. Most people were done after TBC. And by then a majority of players didn't care about Arthas or another expansion where the devs promise everything you've asked for then later tell you to get lost now that they have their money.

WoW has coasted on its own success with little to no work being done to appease the player base.

TLDR: WoW devs dont care about you or me, just money

It's a well put together list, though I think Pandaren have always been cool people are just sick of WoW and fans know that this expansion has as much lore background as the Old Gods did from Warcraft 3 (None).

People are tired of WoW. Most people were done after TBC. And by then a majority of players didn't care about Arthas or another expansion where the devs promise everything you've asked for then later tell you to get lost now that they have their money.

WoW has coasted on its own success with little to no work being done to appease the player base.

TLDR: WoW devs dont care about you or me, just money

I kept leaving and coming back after each expansion but after this last one I just knew I was done. It wasn't really that I had any strong feelings; it was more that I was just bored with the game.

Well , Very good article & Funny too

MY Wow Killer was Guild Wars (early days)

I Played GuildWars Gave WoW a try but only lasted the 30 days -uninstalled

Went back to GuildWars to find that the Graphics and charactor models In GW almost made me feel high and relieved.It was like wearing the wrong prescription glasses for 30 days ,then putting on the right prescription glasses...everything was clear ,crisp detailed and WoW to me was this sort of Pastey low textured world.

#1 As soon as I saw charactor creation or choices in Wow I thought ,Oh no this is too unrealistic I mean in a sort of Sonic The Hedge Hog or Crash Bandicoot way.

No detail Just these huge polygon cartoony looking things.

So after Charactor selection with Low Polygon Blocky Kiddie charactors in Wow, It was Down Hill for me, Fun for others but No thanks, Oh and the enemys looked kinda 2D compared to GW,like they were paper cut outs , I dont know.

Great Article

Just to make sure my chars were all squared away just in case I needed to reopen my account, I logged back into WoW just before my account expired. You know, make sure the mail is collected, everybody is in a safe place, etc.

After playing TOR, its very hard to logon to WoW. It was even hard to just travel from place to place. To look at the chars I had for 7 years. After TOR, it just wasn't the same.

The more I play this game the better I like it. The more I discover the more I appreciate the depth that was added to the game. I'm having fun.

There are no elves. My chars (unlike the Horde) aren't bent over from what looks like a bad night at a prison inmate reunion ... and I was the party.

Yes, this game has broken me of WoW. Now, that doesn't mean I won't leave TOR if they slack off with the content updates, etc but even if I did I just can't play WoW any longer. This game has ruined that.

I never considered Kung-Fu in a fantasy setting. I don't like when they throw that in there.

Another thing that I really love about this game that kills WoW for me, is the bonus quests. Now I don't have to kill 40 bad guys to finish a quest. Only if I'm in the mood to kill bad guys and try a new rotation.