Early access guys - Miracle Patch? Suprises? Better Graphics?

Poin_Dex_Tenobi

Hey,

I remember, after the open beta weekend closed its doors, many people discussing wether or not the release client would be much improved / serveral builds ahead of the Open Beta Client.

So I was wondering, for the people that got in today, are there any suprises in the game? New features? Better graphics? Anything new and/or improved? Please share for the poor people that havent gotten in yet :D

i'm not in yet but i did hear AA is still not turned on

Yeah no AA, not a deal breaker for me but would be nice to have.

My guess is they are working with ATI and Nvidia on a technical issue found on some cards\setting and this will be address post launch.

Edited by Slowne

It performed better this morning than it did in the one beta wave I played, but I expect that was mostly because it was early AM and there weren't a lot of people on.

I was honestly surprised how smoothly everything went; I didn't tweak the video settings, but I will eventually - I was getting some occasional stutter on my 3-year old build (4870, so, yeah, oldish).

There were no gameplay changes in the first 5 levels that I saw before I had to leave for stupid, stupid work.

I have been watching my son play while I am waiting for my email. I noticed the graphics are better, there are little purple flowers in the Trooper starting areas in the grass. I also noticed the energy bar changes colors for that class depending on what you are using.

I don't see lines all over the graphics now and more shadows. I think it looks really nice!

Ya, they went ahead and scrapped the beta engine and whipped up a new one. I'm only posting on the forum because I'm afraid if I don't take a break from the immersive 3D graphics that my perciption of reality will be warped. Wait, this is real life... isn't it?

No AA at launch is lame for an MMO of this generation, but I can force it in my graphics cards.

I'm sure with in a couple weeks after launch it will be in. In the scheme of things a couple of weeks is nothing.

I can't wait for SLI support. I didn't have an FPS problem, 120 fps with vsync on, on a 120 hz monitor. So, I'm already maxing out my monitor, but official SLI support is always nice.

Thank so far for replies folks, so far basicly:

Pros

- Seems to perform better (Smoother).

- Perceived better graphics.

- Energy bar changes colors for that class depending on what you are using.

- They Added a /played feature.

- Higher FPS.

Cons

- No AA (But can be forced? Is this for both Nvida and ATI cards?)

- No Chat Bubbles.

Anything else you kind people that are playing noticed? :D

edit settings.ini file to turn on aa

1. Navigate SWTOR directory /settings

2. Open file client_settings.ini

3. Underneath the last setting, but above [game] Section.. add the following lines.

AntiAliasingLevel = 4

DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true

Edited by DarkGremio

Why do so many people stress over AA? The graphics are pretty solid even without and I'm sure it will be in eventually, like the color match feature and other things that were taken out in beta to be improved.

I thought the graphics looked great this morning for the short time I could play. Filtering is on now and at max settings the game looks great IMO.

Some UI fixes but still needs lot sof work there.

edit settings.ini file to turn on aa

1. Navigate SWTOR directory /settings

2. Open file client_settings.ini

3. Underneath the last setting, but above [game] Section.. add the following lines.

AntiAliasingLevel = 4

DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true

Cool thanks, guessing this works for either chipset? Ati and Nvidia?