Where did my topic go where I posted a video of hacking?

HammerHermann

It was posted, I read it this morning to be exact. Although what I say has little to no bearing on this game or the moderators, I am in support of this thread and it's reasoning behind it. This user provided video proof with plenty of others discussing the same player in particular.

Hopefully the player in question has been banned but somehow I doubt it.

While I appreciated the thread that showed the obvious, understand that the Community Relations team is required to remove any/all legit exploiting/hacking screenshots/videos or how to do threads. While I believe this game is horrid when dealing with these incidents (as said player was on today doing the same thing), it will take some time before they can get this guy out of game. With F2P here, players need to realize there will be an uptick of such activity, and simply just need to report using the IG feature.

I've seen them delete a few posts recently and I'm not sure they qualified as a violation of the terms on here. I hope they realize they people will not bury their heads in the sand like an ostrich and hope the problems go away. That's a good way to ignore and lose your player base.

Ok so you're saying that this video I posted is against TOS? If so then I understand why they deleted it. However they should chim in. I've seen games dye solely because of the insane amount of cheating that was never dealt with.

EA is aware of speed hacking, it's been IG since Day 1 (and in Beta). They don't have a /check system in place to see who is doing it (like the space botting), and the speed adjustment is client side (not server side) which prevents them from stopping it. But yes, they are aware of this, all we can do is report it. Sadly, the only way for them to punish a player, is to catch them in the act.

Edited by -Mythix-

If they don't give me a reason why they delete it or delete this one I will unsub. I'm too old to give that much about this game and my progress.

I've been a member since day one. Some respect should be given. I'm trying to help here.

Your topic got deleted because it violates the EULA/ToS - calling out cheaters by name/video is an infraction - regardless of what all the "video-or-it-didn't-happen" trolls say.

Normally, the moderators will also give you a warning.

Like someone else mentioned before, you can get a warning just for discussing the topic.

EAware's policy is to keep hush-hush - if nobody talks about the cheaters, maybe they just go away... :eek:

I posted a video last night that ended up with close to 500 hits so I know the topic posted. Why was it deleted? I was not even told why it was deleted. Seems pathic practice by the admins here to not even say why.

you know why it was removed.

posting vids of hacks/cheats or talking about how people hack/cheat promotes more hacks/cheats.

you see someone cheating, then report them. posting vids of forums does nothing except it causes some people to go search for the hack and use it.

If they don't give me a reason why they delete it or delete this one I will unsub. I'm too old to give that much about this game and my progress.

I've been a member since day one. Some respect should be given. I'm trying to help here.

Bro, that's not a hack! He's a Sith! He has superpowers!

They (BW PR) will go to great lengths to protect a player against public flogging although said player is operating under a made name and said flogging have no real consequence. I think they actually try to protect the game against being branded as a hack-able one :p.

I propose that, from now on, we use Gingers to describe all hacking - cheating - exploiting :cool:.

Ex :" Hey that dude just pulled a gingers on the mid NC turret" (capping from the position where player can't be targeted). What say you? ;)

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

They (BW PR) will go to great lengths to protect a player against public flogging although said player is operating under a made name and said flogging have no real consequence. I think they actually try to protect the game against being branded as a hack-able one :p.

I propose that, from now on, we use Ginger to describe all hacking - cheating - exploiting :cool:.

Ex :" Hey that dude just pulled a ginger on the mid NC turret" (capping from the position where player can't be targeted). What say you? ;)

Cause that would be so much better for PR.

The idea of my post was to point out that hacking is still happening. This was a obvious one which is of no concern to me. I'm just wondering if this guy has been doing this for awhile and if he is still hanging around then how long have the people that use hacks that don't get noticed very easily, etc have been active.

The person doing this in the video was not the focus of the topic.

The idea of my post was to point out that hacking is still happening. This was a obvious one which is of no concern to me. I'm just wondering if this guy has been doing this for awhile and if he is still hanging around then how long have the people that use hacks that don't get noticed very easily, etc have been active.

The person doing this in the video was not the focus of the topic.

Yeah they will delete anything that has anything to due with hacking and you will never know what, if any action is taken against any player you accuse of hacking whether you have proof or not.

No surprise they deleted your first thread.