Leveling a guardian

dtjswtor

Just started a guardian and saw a few posts that suggest the most effective way to level one is to spec Defense but wear dps gear. Is this true? If so, I assume that means stacking str/end plus acc/crit/sur instead of def/shield/abs? Any play tips plus suggestions on how to proceed in the build would also be appreciated. My main is a sorcerer so big change for me.

I played defense with a tank gear, and Kira as DPS companion. Keep your gear fresh and everything dies no problem. Keep Kira in shape she doubles the speed you kill the mobs.

Its good to be tank since flashpoints almost always instapop. And its easy to find groups for heroics.

any of the specs works fine. Im leveling mine as Vigilance. Defense big issue is lack of damage. and No, the DPS comp doesn't make up for it. DPS spec with tank or healing comp is faster overall, but is also limited by comp choice. Defense offers more flexibility, but reduced damage. but they all work. you could even run without an AC as lager did. game isn't so tough that it's not doable.

But if your looking at fastest leveling curve, it's Vigilance till at least 40, and then either Vig or Focus post 40.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.