Is Bioanalysis really required for Biochem?

Keskie

I'm only level 24 so I haven't done enough actual crafting to know. Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

I have maxed out 400 Biochem / Bioanalysis / Diplomacy.

But seems every single mat from Bioanalysis is ridiculously cheap on the GTN, and missions are not profitable at all.

So I'm worried it's just taking up space in my crew window, when it could be used for a more profitable gathering skill.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Keskie

Maybe a noob question: But how have you maxed out those 3 skills while still at lvl 24? I'm at lvl 31 and am around 250 with mine (artifice/treasure hunting/that other one i suddenly forgot the name from)?

I'm just interested in how that's possible, and just asking for tips, since I personally always run in money issues to begin with.

I'm only level 24 so I haven't done enough actual crafting to know. Is there something I'm missing? :confused:

But seems every single mat from Bioanalysis is ridiculously cheap on the GTN, and missions are not profitable at all.

So I'm worried it's just taking up space in my crew window, when it could be used for a more profitable gathering skill.

Thanks! :)

Bioanalysis is just for getting materials, so if you want just buy them on GTN. I have a couple characters with biochem 400 but no bioanalysis

Maybe a noob question: But how have you maxed out those 3 skills while still at lvl 24? I'm at lvl 31 and am around 250 with mine (artifice/treasure hunting/that other one i suddenly forgot the name from)?

I'm just interested in how that's possible, and just asking for tips, since I personally always run in money issues to begin with.

HI.

My guess is the player stayed on a Planet like Taris a good while. I'm not close to 400 as I've been slacking; but I have noticed how easy it is to level up Bio here. Besides the plants there are the Rhakghouls....I guess it works that way elsewhere too.

I do know one thing, I'm spending far less on this skill set then the mission related ones which didn't seem to pay off well at low levels. I don't know about getting the Diplo to 400 that quickly though.

ETA: As for the OP's question. I have another thread on crew skills myself and basically learned your skill set (and mine as well) are profitable from making and selling implants ....if you're able to do that profitably than I guess you're in good shape regardless of how you go about the mats.

I'm new myself so I'm unsure if you would need to keep all 3 to do this or just keep Biochem since you want to purchase the mats anyway. One could infer that from the post preceding mine but it's not clearly stated.

Edited by ProtocolX

HI.

My guess is the player stayed on a Planet like Taris a good while. I'm not close to 400 as I've been slacking; but I have noticed how easy it is to level up Bio here. Besides the plants there are the Rhakghouls....I guess it works that way elsewhere too.

I do know one thing, I'm spending far less on this skill set then the mission related ones which didn't seem to pay off well at low levels. I don't know about getting the Diplo to 400 that quickly though.

Thanks for the reply, so it depends on the skill set. Biochem and such just level up faster than the likes of Artifice apparently.

Thanks for the reply, so it depends on the skill set. Biochem and such just level up faster than the likes of Artifice apparently.

Yes, there are a few gathering skills that you can level rather quickly if you choose. Bioanalysis and Scavenging are the two that come to mind because you can gather from the nodes that spawn in the environment and you can gather from mobs that you kill along the way (creatures for bio and droids for scav). I don't think any of the other gathering skills are going to have quite as many ways to harvest mats.

As for how the OP already has 3 skills at 400 while only at level 24: this is relatively easy to do. A lot of people will level a crafting/gathering skill set on an alt without actually leveling the character. This might take a little longer since you probably won't have all your companions available to run missions, but can still be worthwhile.

My Armstech char never really ran any Scavenging missions, I just used Scavenging on the go (picking up nodes/droids along the way). Still am doing that at 50 while doing dailies, not sure if Bioanalysis has something similiar, but enriched Durasteel I only find out in the wilds.

The only mission I ran Scavenging are those for the crafting mats as they are cheaper then buying them from the Crew Skill Vendor.

For a crafting alt (get skill to 400 before getting to 50) I'd suggest buying stuff off the GTN and not leveling the gathering skill (which you can level for free and get mats at the same time while leveling). The mission skill is probably a matter of choice, wether to buy of the GTN or do yourself.

If you have money is the big issue here. I have several toons each with sizable chunks of change in their pockets. If I have a companion I am not using, they are on missions. I collect whatever I can in the wild, as well for scavenging/bio analysis and Archaelogy. But I spend a lot of time doing dailies, space missions, Pvping so I don't need my companion as much as people doing pve or their story or whatever. My sniper has biochem and related skills at 400 since level 23ish. Same with my Bh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.