Unbalance Melle vs Ranged

Vaughnad

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/464049_10152324599005293_1384171957_o.jpg

This was a pvp with my team having 5 warriors - 4 of them Jugs

Jugs dont have any skill to attack ranged only the jump until lvl 36 (***?) we jump on someone and then they push you back and slow and u cand do NOTHING.

In this pvp the melles where simple unable to reach the door in time with so many slows to hit the one chanelling.

Jug have by defaut,

1 resist stun-slow-immobilized

1 Area Sleep (HIGH lvl only)

1 skill to rise defense.

Where is the defaut stun?

I have played Shadow and Powertech both as a tanker, and they do a LOT bether then JUG

Jug dont have skills that help him control the battle like mass push or inv or pulls

Powertech have the advantage of ranged attacks

Shadow have inv, stuns and disables, and a *********** HIGH BASE DEFENSE CHANCE (THAT APLIED TO SAGE TO! ***?!)

The life of a true melle (in my case Jug) has been like, Jump, be pushed and take slow, lost 1/3 or 1/2 my life to reach my target again or worse. there is some pvps that i fell like a ball being throw side to side and not been able to even hit someone.

True Melle need:

More ways to approach an enemy, another slow remover or some way to resist the slows

Some ways to do some hit ranged then at low lvl.

Some more defensive capability (2 skills with 3 min cooldown dosent make u a tanker)

In resume the jug is good when u cast its skills to resist, the other times it just a regular guy tryng to hit someone.

Shadow and Powertech are farrrrrrrr better tankers then Jug, more survivality more damage capabilitys, more crowd control, more escape skills.

Please revise the melle classes, they need some advantage for been MELLE!.

Pls dont QQ about class unbalance melee VS range when you dont even have all your abilities.

Melee rules PVP, wait until you hit 50 and do some 50s PVP too see.you will see that the problem is the opposite, is nearly impossible to range classes to keep anyone at range, melee have always some sort of gap closer, (force speed or leaps) and after that, range dont have the defense abilities that melee have.

range shoot at 30m, melee have 30m gap closer, and you will see the easiest classes to shutdown are the range

i play about 10-15 wz per day, you know how much range players i see on 50s PVP? 1 per mach, 2 is i am luck, 2 range players on a WZ with 16 man(8vs8)

I see a lot of these threads complaining about how the classes aren’t balanced. I’m sorry but with only a couple exceptions the classes are pretty balanced. Where the big problem comes from is the level of play from the players themselves.

I think an issue is some of the classes are harder to play than other so people “assume” they are under performing when it is actually the players that are under performing. To better understand how to defeat a class play it, read about it, or go to youtube and watch how it is played and I guaranty you will see where you are screwing up and how to improve.

IMO the follow is the only issue I have with class balance.

1) Smash spec – needs aoe damage reduced by 20% or the number effected by it reduced to 3.

2) Smugglers instant cast just a touch to spam able with no cool down it is op with small cd would be good.

3) merc/mando needs a bit of love. Not a lot I know commando’s that pull insane numbers in PVP but some things need a bit of adjustment.

DPS ops/smug in PvP played right they are fine in PVE not so much.

So class balance is not really the problem it is the players. Their time would be more productive learning the other classes instead of complaining here. You want to talk resolve that is a different issue lol.

Pls dont QQ about class unbalance melee VS range when you dont even have all your abilities.

Melee rules PVP, wait until you hit 50 and do some 50s PVP too see.you will see that the problem is the opposite, is nearly impossible to range classes to keep anyone at range, melee have always some sort of gap closer, (force speed or leaps) and after that, range dont have the defense abilities that melee have.

range shoot at 30m, melee have 30m gap closer, and you will see the easiest classes to shutdown are the range

i play about 10-15 wz per day, you know how much range players i see on 50s PVP? 1 per mach, 2 is i am luck, 2 range players on a WZ with 16 man(8vs8)

You cannot say wait till 50 when the game allows pvp from lvl 10. Whilst i get your point it is annoying how most ranged classes get 2 stuns and a knockback alot earlier than melee classes get a gap closer and a stun.

My biggest issue is the fact that a IA/Smuggler in cover is immune from been jumped too, making them untouchable in some maps (huttball).

I think you wrong about jugger. I won every 1v1 encounter so far (even vs healer, just burst in right time). Even 1v2 encounters not problem at all. Mercs and dps operatives need some love from game designers, juggers fine (tho rage spec should be nerfed, best solution nerf shockwave to 7,5/15% per stack)

I know that on lvl 50 the jug get a lot better, the problem is.. the game is not made to have fun only on 50 lvl!

Jug need something earlyer, i read alot and i know that on higher lvl jug is fine (or should be) but on low lvl it just sucks.

on low lvl u dont have stuns, and have only leap to close gap but if u face a cover u cant leap, and if u can leap u get pushed, and when u are running after ur target the rage is leaking away...

the *********** problem... everything jug has the other tanks have and more.

for god sake jug is a full melle tank it should have more tools to keep enemys close and crowd control then the other but instend it have less!

Jug needs something earlier, yeah, lets give opertive hidden strike from lvl 10, asasssin force shroud from lvl 10, snipers orbital strike from lvl 10 too.

If you are a terrible jug, lvl 50 will not help you.you will die regardless of level.

The range is leaking away
ahahaha, google translator too much? :D Edited by NoTomorrow

Yeah dude, hate to say it doesnt count until 50, cause I get that people spend a lot of time 10-49. Some people spend MOST of their time 10-49, but the order in which you get your abilities is determined by what you need to finish your class quests, not by how viable you will be in lowbie PVP. It's a real issue, just not an important issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.