Implement a new forced name change rule

ObiJuanShenobi

Please implement a forced name change rule!

I've played religiously since pre-release...nearly every day. With the last server transfer I was forced to change the names of most of my characters.

Now, I understand that this is how it goes sometimes. What I DON'T understand is why a loyal subscriber such as myself got the shaft, but most importantly I DON'T understand why I had to change my names in favor of people who NO LONGER PLAY. After the forced name changes, I friended every person who uses my names....not a single one of them have logged on. At all.

The forced name change rule I want to see implemented is this: Any character name that you were forced to lose in favor or someone else, if that person doesn't log in for "X" amount of days after the name change was implemented, the person who lost the name should get a new name change option on the character screen to re-claim it.

You created a story-driven MMO, BW, that appealed to people on all different types of servers who have a little bit of RP in them. I want my names back.

Thanks.

You've played religiously, almost every day and are JUST NOW changing the names of your toons?

Either you lied about playing every day as the migration to new servers happened over late summer, or you told the truth about playing everyday and simply can't let it go.

This is something i suggested after the first server merge.

FIrst names should have been the ones that were made non-unique. Have each players fourm name linked to their account so that if someonwere were to add them, it would show their forum name and which character they were one. Similiar to how Real ID works in WoW.

You've played religiously, almost every day and are JUST NOW changing the names of your toons?

Either you lied about playing every day as the migration to new servers happened over late summer, or you told the truth about playing everyday and simply can't let it go.

U not Read

Try reading the OPs post again without pre-categorizing it as the standard "QQ lost my name" thread.

Your second comment was completely unneccessary and irrelevant. You should apologize for that.

TROLL!

as for the OP i really fully agree with the idea!

Try reading the OPs post again without pre-categorizing it as the standard "QQ lost my name" thread.

You can put a dress and perfume on a QQ thread, but it is still a QQ thread. Most of us had to do some name changing. Most of us got over it months ago.

You can put a dress and perfume on a QQ thread, but it is still a QQ thread. Most of us had to do some name changing. Most of us got over it months ago.

The only QQ I'm seeing is a couple RP people crying about is the fact that this thread was started at all. Sorry, but it looks like we may actually discuss this topic here.

I'll decide what I should "get over" and what I'm willing to let go of thank you very much.

Edited by DAMossimo
spelling

I never said I was just now changing the names. They have been changed since it happened. Just havent gotten over it. Nor should I have. It's a big deal to a lot of people.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

The only QQ I'm seeing is a couple RP people crying about is the fact that this thread was started at all. Sorry, but it looks like we may actually discuss this topic here.

I'll decide what I should "get over" and what I'm willing to let go of thank you very much.

Lol, OK.

I agree with the OP.

A lvl 3 warrior that that I had in my friends list since my name change. Never logged in for me to barter my name back. I wouldn't be surprised if that person doesn't even sub. Bioware, please let me have my toons name back, I just want the one name. This would be a huge win for you towards your subscriber base.

So like, when I moved my guy from Ven Zallow to jung ma, I had to change his name. Then I made a toon on Ven Zallow with the name of the old guy. When the servers merged my new toon got to keep the old name. which was weird. but still cool. True story.

I've played religiously since pre-release...nearly every day. With the last server transfer I was forced to change the names of most of my characters.

Now, I understand that this is how it goes sometimes. What I DON'T understand is why a loyal subscriber such as myself got the shaft, but most importantly I DON'T understand why I had to change my names in favor of people who NO LONGER PLAY. After the forced name changes, I friended every person who uses my names....not a single one of them have logged on. At all.

The forced name change rule I want to see implemented is this: Any character name that you were forced to lose in favor or someone else, if that person doesn't log in for "X" amount of days after the name change was implemented, the person who lost the name should get a new name change option on the character screen to re-claim it.

You created a story-driven MMO, BW, that appealed to people on all different types of servers who have a little bit of RP in them. I want my names back.

Thanks.

Well, when i came back from a few months leave i had a few characters i had to rename because of server transfers... but not my server transfers since i havent changed server, so it would appear that subscribers get first dibs, BUT theres nothing to say that a subscriber cant have an alt with your name and never use it...

They should at least consider doing this. Certainly before paid transfers as it'll just be a nightmare if someone pays $5 to transfer their favorite characters and then looses their names. Dunno if they can do this retroactively though as in some cases it might be unfair to make a player who was active during the server merges loose their names because this feature was retroactively implemented and penalized them for not playing more recently.

I'm still bitter that I've lost my favorite name to the first server transfer.

I had that name from the second hour of early access, just to lose it to somebody who is never online with that character.

But it's not like we didn't already discuss the stupid naming policy of this game way before launch.

Well, they wanted the legacy name to be part of our identity, well then they should have done it right.

Legacy name is unique, character names are unique per legacy. To whisper someone you use the legacy name.

BAMM.

Everyone is happy. There is only one you. You can name your character how you want.

You don't sit fifteen minutes at the char creation screen to come up with a name that you like

and isn't taken by some forgotten char on some forgotten account.

It will only get worse from here on out. :mad:

I agree that first names shoud never be forced.

After all there are meaby a million alaxander's in real life so why not ingame?

I got lucky that i wasnt forced to change server.

As i have bin using the name malaficus shaikan for years now and if i see anyone else with my name i get murdering desire's.

Also the idea of using legacy name as wishper is a good one.

But aslong eagames owns bioware we can forget about anything that doesnt earn them money.

Edited by internaty

Thanks.

You know that would require an enormous amount of work right? Im sorry but get over it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.