Celebrate! The Might Hilt 27 is finally available!

MrOscarMonster

Greetings denizens of the illustrious Ebon Hawk server!

On behalf of <Calamitous Intent>, I'd like to share some exciting news for the server. The Might Hilt 27 has finally been learned after a total of 11 attempts and 17 HM TfB runs (Weapons are not guaranteed to drop). In celebration of this difficult and hard-earned accomplishment, the guildie who learned the schematic is offering it as both crafted with a nominal fee or straight credit sale from the GTN. Furthermore, in celebration of both this momentous occasion and the holiday season, pricing will be set at a fair and low rate!

For mats + fee, contact Dryst or Tullus (empire faction only). The materials are: 2x Synthetic Energy Matrix, 8x Molecular Stabilizer, and 8x Corusca Gem. As an added bonus, the crafter has agreed to assume the costs of the other materials! The crafting fee has been set to a low (relative to enormous difficulty and raid group gear loss) price of only 4 million credits.

For GTN pricing, see the GTN

<Calamitous Intent> wishes you all a Happy Lifeday and may the force be with you!

Edited by MrOscarMonster

Greetings everyone,

And thank you Arti for making this post. I am posting this here as to not take away from the original crafted listings. That being said I am at a loss for the hate I have received over this because I want to charge a fee to craft an item that is best in slot for any str based dps class, when at the same time people are selling vanity items for 6-10mil with no issue. Get your priorities straight either you want to raid and do your best or you want to drive the chair with the dice floating above your head or get Revan's mask which for the prices its going for better come with Revan's personal holo number for tips and tricks. Which ever you pick is fine but don't be upset when you cant get both.

As a guild we placed a lot of hard work forth in order to learn the schematic, if someone else learned this before me I would have gladly paid the price I am asking for it x2 ( since i need 2 :p ) but that's me.

On a bit of the same note It's really amazing how if you craft with a fee you are demonized by the masses while those without the fee are saints. ( this was covered by another person i know but i wanted to add my 2 cents ) I have been doing the crafting for free thing since it became the newest thing, since then i have gotten exactly 1 tip out of untold numbers of items being made. Heck i normally don't even get a thank you. I don't like the idea of working the 20-25% chance ( depending on if the companion is max rep and has any crit to crafting ) I'll get paid but it is what it is and no one has seen me make a post or complain on here about it till now. I do this now because of all the hate that has been coming my way.

Look if you don't want to pay the 4 mil + mats for it ( which is about roughly 5.7 mil for your best in slot weapon for a weapon based class ) that's your call someone else will eventually learn it so until then I wish you the best of luck and to quote a great traveler.... ALLONS-Y!!!

Tullus/Dryst

Edited by Vimesis

i don't think its the fee that people are unhappy with, rather the size of the fee, which is quite OTT when compared with almost any other item crafted previously.

and those vanity items, last forever, your schematic has a couple of month tops at being useful.

I'll disagree with your thought process there, crafted items aren't in the same market as the masks ect. Work your market my friend, charge an affordable fee and with the volume (since your the sole source) you'll recover your initial investment + some.

Once others gain the ability to craft it, undercut them and you'll control the market (or they'll lose their initial investment). Either way, you accomplish what you're trying to now, in a civilized way.

...I am at a loss for the hate I have received over this because I want to charge a fee to craft an item that is best in slot for any str based dps class, when at the same time people are selling vanity items for 6-10mil with no issue. Get your priorities straight either you want to raid and do your best or you want to drive the chair with the dice floating above your head...
Assuming those of us who want a might hilt 27 crafted are also the same lot who pay outrageous prices for vanity items is erroneous. I hope that's not the primary logic behind your pricing scheme.

Others have worked just as hard as you to learn schematics and, like you, were for a time were the only crafters with those schematics. They only charged 1 mil crafting fees. 4 mil comes across as profiteering. Like the gas stations who inflate their prices ahead of hurricanes have discovered, profiteering has a way of sticking in folk's craw, and now they're telling you.

Bemoaning the, "hate," as you cash in those 4 mil checks is crocodile tears. Save it, you don't owe any of us an explanation. It's your virtual fantasy game business, run it how you want let the chips fall where they may, but don't dispair your drop in popularity for charging *four times* the tradition top end crafting fee.

Edited by Bombbuster

Others have worked just as hard as you to learn schematics and, like you, were for a time were the only crafters with those schematics. They only charged 1 mil crafting fees. 4 mil comes across as profiteering. Like the gas stations who inflate their prices ahead of hurricanes have discovered, profiteering has a way of sticking in folk's craw, and now they're telling you.

No, your analogy would only work if say... characters were being deleted for not having 27 slotted hilts or barrels. This is more like producing something that people want in a world with no copyright laws. See, any day now, someone is gonna buy several to try to learn for themselves with the express purpose of drastically undercutting him. This is probably a method of bleeding those people or deterring them. And the sad fact is, even if he was crafting it for 1 Mil, people would still strive to screw him out of his work. Lazy, terrible, profiteers who can't complete Terror From Beyond HM themselves, because they're terrible players.

No, trying to steal someone else's schematic to undercut them makes them lazy and terrible :D
I don't think many will agree that buying it for 4,000,000 credits (or even 1 mil!) is "stealing." And assuming that everyone buying your precious hilt is trying to steal it instead of using it makes you sound like a crazy cat lady.

That little bon mot aside, claiming the reason for your 4 mil fee is worry over schematic "stealing" doesn't hold water. To wit; the skill barrel 27s and resolve hilt 27s have been available for free for weeks and yet no one has "stolen" them.

Schematic "stealing" isn't the issue here, greed is.

Edited by Bombbuster

I don't think many will agree that buying it for 4,000,000 credits (or even 1 mil!) is "stealing." And assuming that everyone buying your precious hilt is trying to steal it instead of using it makes you sound like a crazy cat lady.

That little bon mot aside, claiming the reason for your 4 mil fee is worry over schematic "stealing" doesn't hold water. To wit; the skill barrel 27s and resolve hilt 27s have been available for free for weeks and yet no one has "stolen" them.

Schematic "stealing" isn't the issue here, greed is.

You don't know anything about how crafting works do you?

FYI, the resolve 27 was "stolen", that is precisely the reason it is now being crafted for free. The skill 27 I'm unsure of the story on, but it would've never been as rare as either hilt to begin with because of legacy weapons, meaning less incentive to protect that schematic on the crafter's part.

I have no issues with the person who knows the Might Hilt charging whatever they please, it is their schematic. And if they made it for cheap, you can rest assured someone would "steal" that schematic just the same as the Resolve Hilt, turn around and undercut the person that makes the Might Hilt to try and take his profits. So he may as well charge enough that the person who tries to learn it is going to have to pay a hefty fee to do so.

Whatever you say, paranoid crazy cat lady. I'll leave you and your grocery cart alone now.

So you really don't know how crafting works, that's what I thought.

If someone was willing to pay 5 million a hilt to learn the resolve hilt, what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for the might hilt, especially if the crafter made it at a cheaper cost? Make your money while you can I say, people act too entitled to this gear in the first place, it wasn't that long ago that you actually had to run operations to have the best gear in the game, instead of do a bunch of dailies and have a bunch of credits.

Edited by wadecounty

So you really don't know how crafting works, that's what I thought.
I regret to inform you that trying to divert this discussion from the greed of charging 4 mil crafting fee to what I may or may not know about crafting will not make your decision to engage in profiteering any more popular with the server.

If someone was willing to pay 5 million a hilt to learn the resolve hilt, what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for the might hilt, especially if the crafter made it at a cheaper cost?
Since you added this after I replied, let me likewise add: Did it ever occur to you that maybe a guild bought your hilt and learned it and offered it for free *because* you were charging such an unreasonable fee, just to spite you for being greedy? And that had you charged the traditional fee they wouldn't have bothered and you'd still have the only crafter for that item and would still be making 1 mil crafting fees per item? By charging such outrageously high crafting fees you have become a self-fullfilling prophecy, ensuring someone else does whatever it takes to learn the schematic, just to spite you. Edited by Bombbuster

Since you added this after I replied, let me likewise add: Did it ever occur to you that maybe a guild bought you hilt and learned it and offered it for free *because* you were charging such an unreasonable fee? And that had you charged the traditional fee they wouldn't have bothered and you'd still have the only crafter for that item and would still be making 1 mil crafting fees per item?

What if I told you the same person that bought that resolve hilt, previously did the same to an armoring I made (and was the only person on the server that knew it at the time), an armoring that I offered at a low price (200k + mats), and then because I didn't advertise it on the server forums, that same person turned around and advertised it for 500k + mats, only changing his post because I decided I'd do it for free before I let him take any sort of profit I could make?

Was 200k + mats such an unfair price that I deserved to have someone steal my armoring and then try to take any potential customers I could have had?

Edited by wadecounty

What if I told you the same person that bought that resolve hilt, previously did the same to an armoring I made (and was the only person on the server that knew it at the time), an armoring that I offered at a low price (200k + mats), and then because I didn't advertise it on the server forums, that same person turned around and advertised it for 500k + mats, only changing his post because I decided I'd do it for free before I let him take any sort of profit I could make?
You're angry at one person for undercutting you using the system that the game makes possible, and in response to that anger you intend to chrage 4 mil crafting fees to those who *didn't* 'steal' 'your' schematic, is that your argument? And then you don't understand the "hate" the server is directing at you? <shakes head> Yeah, good luck with that.

You're angry at one person for undercutting you using the system that the game makes possible, and in response to that anger you intend to chrage 4 mil crafting fees to those who *didn't* 'steal' 'your' schematic, is that your argument? And then you don't understand the "hate" the server is directing at you? <shakes head> Yeah, good luck with that.

FYI I have never charged 4 million for anything.

But you're angry at someone making money off items you don't need and did not run the operations to obtain. So who is the one misguided here?

for some reason i wandered onto this post from my server. since i read it though, i feel obligated to post lol.

anyway, I think the sole maker of this should be able to sell it for however much he wants. do i think it is a lot? yep. would i buy it myself? nope. but you know what, there are plenty of people who would. if you want the Bugatti/Mclaren of hilts, you need to be willing to pay for it.

I just hope your splitting some of the profits with your guild mates. they helped you get the schematic :)

now, carry on about how unfair you think the prices are and ill go back to my pvp server where there are loads of might 27 hilt crafters

Edited by ForsakenKing

... and did not run the operations to obtain. So who is the one misguided here?
I am 4/4 TFB HM and 3/4 EC NM. I have run the operations you speak of multiple times, it is you sir, who are misguided.

Though I would love to continue to debate this I must away to play the game, and allow you the last word. Here are mine:

Many on the server think 4 mil crafting fee is greedy, opportunistic profiteering.

You think the fee is perfectly reasonable.

Regardless of what you or I think, the server at large will come to its own conclusions. I wish you luck with your virtual might hilt 27 store, and bon chance mon petite ami with the good will you earn on the server.

Edited by Bombbuster

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.