I know...I know

Skyrison

Ok I know I said the other post was my last in the forums. I have been a firm supporter of this game from early beta onto pre launch, then throughout now. I have seen the whole rollercoaster from "this will never be a f2p game" that the old devs said themselves to "we believe that f2p will bring in lots more people" that it did. A lot. Quite a lot. But something is....different. Changing. It starts with this.

Life Day.

Why don't subscribers who have been loyal to your game every month giving you our money get at least the life day pack in mail to us? Why didn't you guys at least do that? We support your game every single day that we play it. I for one go around and say how awesome this game is to everybody and it's 10/10 for me. But.....damn damn it all to hell. Why do you have to put life day pack in the store but not even give subs a pack for free for the one year anniversary on top of fireworks? That's what I don't understand here.

Do you even care that subscribers are subsribers anymore and we pay 15 dollars a month? Or do you not really care about us subscribers anymore because there are TONS of f2p people using the cash shop that are giving you more money than us subscribers to make things happen therefore you are putting the cool stuff in the cash shop and will continue doing that? hmm? Is that what you are doing?

I believe you when you say you want to the subscribers to feel like they are getting their moneys worth. But...this foolish act of not giving subscribers a "Life Day Pack" in the mail along with the fireworks is stupid. I have never said anything bad about this game till now. It was a stupid decision whoever thought of it. Listen, just because the cash shop is making you guys a ton of money doesn't mean you can nickle and dime things like Life Day. Life Day is in Star Wars history and you shouldn't make subscribers pay to be a part of that celebration.

I wanted to have my holotree, speeder and all that stuff with the orb but you know what? I'm not gonna. Because I don't really spend money in the cash shop cause I shouldn't think I have to. I'm a subscriber and should get things like the Life Day Pack for free. Just like every other subscriber. Do you know how happy you would have made SOOOO many people if you said "Celebrate the 1st anniversary of Star Wars The Old Republic with a free set a fireworks plus a Life Day Pack for subscribers! Thank you!" That's what you SHOULD have done BioWare. To keep subs happy. We are still here ya know? Below your mounds of money that you are making from the cash shop WE...ARE...STILL..HERE paying that 15 dollars a month.

But I guess you don't see that do you? All you see are the money signs that is driving your game now. The cash shop is driving your game more. You might care about the subscribers or say you do. But if you want us, mainly the subs, to celebrate an event and then have the NERVE to put the stuff for life day in the cash shop? Horrible...who decided that that was a good idea? Ya know...I love this game and I can't leave. I'm addicted to it like crazy and play it a lot. I am very loyal to your game and feel I should be entitled to something more than free cartel coins each month.

Is that how you manage now? A f2p person comes in the game over a sub who has paid 15 dollars a month for 5 months but the f2p person spends 200 or 300 dollars then you look at them better because they paid more to you? Is that all you care about is money? That's a damn shame then. I know you are out to make money but money is just a perk. Money is not even a reward for doing something. Money is just a side effect that you get from HELPING and giving something that people WANT. You should be focused on pleasing subscribers more. Not pleasing f2pers.

F2p people and subscribers are NOT alike at all. Here is the difference. Subscribers want to help the game grow. They have the mentality of "wow..i really really like this game. I want to pay into it to keep it going because I am having fun!" Now you should see that in us and take advantage of that fact and always please the subscribers. We have to feel like we are getting our moneys worth or else we will leave.

F2pers have the mindset of. Oh...cool. TOR is f2p now. I'm gonna check out these stories I guess to see what the hub bub is about. They come in they like it. Hopefully they sub because that will feed the game and then they now fall into the sub category. But anyway, most f2p people I have seen play because what? It's free! TONS of people I know from the internet say "screw that crap game. Not worth 15 dollars a month or even 5! Now if it was free YAH IM DOWN!!" :( That's the mentality of a lot of f2pers.

Just because the cash shop is giving you profit up the wazoo, doesn't mean you need to turn your back on subscribers. Or will we become the minority now because you are too busy with roaming around and swimming through your wads of money and eating steaks everyday that you are too DAMN obsessed with the cash shop and f2p people giving you ultimately more money because they spend so much in your store that you dont care about us! Is that what it has come down to? Because that's what it seems to me!

Putting Star Wars Life Day packs on the market? Sure! Why not :) Some f2p people could get in on it. But ....not giving subsribers who are loyal to the game for months and now up to a year free Life Day Packs along WITH the fireworks to show how much you appreciate us being subscribers? THAT is pififul, horrible, shameful and you should hang your heads in SHAME that you are putting celebratory items for the 1st anniversary of the game that we all love so much.

I still can NOT believe that you guys would make this a cash shop exclusive event and not give us free life day packs. I still can't believe it.

OOOOOOOOOOO I got some fireworks!!?!? REALLY!? omg...that's sooo cool. anything else? no bonus coins for being a founder or dedicated fan? No....free packs? No credits? Not even a Life Day banner that we can put up? wow...bravo. I see why others would be mad at that. Because I am disappointed not mad. VERY disappointed in what you did you here.

BioWare. There is still time to correct this. Give every loyal subscriber a free Life Day Pack so we can celebrate the game's 1st anniversary. You need to do this. Keep us happy. Please..... for the Wookies....

you haz to :(

Don't forget that this particular addition voids both the prior statements that, (a) Life Day would be an event, and (b) BioWare will never disrespect the Star Wars setting by inserting real world references. Not only did we not get the event, but the majority of the items introduced are Christmas-themed, not Life Day-themed.

Don't forget that this particular addition voids both the prior statements that, (a) Life Day would be an event, and (b) BioWare will never disrespect the Star Wars setting by inserting real world references. Not only did we not get the event, but the majority of the items introduced are Christmas-themed, not Life Day-themed.

Ironic? No it's just EAware. $$ cha-ching *WoW male Goblin Voice* :D

Edited by Urael

My idea on what they could have done, taken from Champions Online:

Every subscriber gets a "life day gift" item, once a day, per character, every day for a week or two. Throw it in the Fleet so you have to actually be in the game a bit to get it. The gift gives you a random item, with very rare chances at a Life Day Cash Shop item, and frequent Life Day consumables - say, the holo-tree thing but it's a single-use tree that consumes itself on use, or something. Certain things would be Legacy-bound, certain things would be unbound. Items that are consumed on use are not bound and thus can be sold, while unique items are Legacy-bound - the speeder, an emote, stuff like that. This lets you ship one off to another character on your account if you want it, or get a double, or something.

Subscribers would have a shot at getting something from the Life Day pack if they log in every day, and at the very least, single-use items they could sell to anyone else or give as gifts themselves. Everyone could still buy the Life Day items in case they're not lucky, impatient, or non-subbers. An alternative to this would be having a few new items available only in these gifts, and that wouldn't detract from your life day pack sales at all. Subbers would get something cool and unique for subbing, and supporters of the packs could get what they want from the shop.

In lieu of an actual event with objectives and missions and whatnot, this would have been throwing the subscribers a bone.

Didn't you cite the person who said those as being Daniel Erickson before? I seem to recall it being one of the Daniels. Erickson is gone fyi.

Didn't you cite the person who said those as being Daniel Erickson before? I seem to recall it being one of the Daniels. Erickson is gone fyi.

That really shouldn't matter in the slightest. He was speaking as an employee of BioWare. And if you're proposing that the absence of a particular member means the philosophies the game was founded on no longer apply, the future isn't exactly looking bright.

That really shouldn't matter in the slightest. He was speaking as an employee of BioWare. And if you're proposing that the absence of a particular member means the philosophies the game was founded on no longer apply, the future isn't exactly looking bright.

Any time there's a shift in leadership there will be a change in direction(to what degree varies). While they might choose to do many of the same things, it makes sense that we can no longer hold statements by people who are no longer on the project as indications of what direction the project will head in the future.

Any time there's a shift in leadership there will be a change in direction(to what degree varies). While they might choose to do many of the same things, it makes sense that we can no longer hold statements by people who are no longer on the project as indications of what direction the project will head in the future.

^QFT ... this not only applies to SWTOR but, pretty much everything from time immemorial until "le fin du temps". :cool:

Edited by Urael

It's a very poorly run business if its overall objectives are tied directly to constantly shifting personnel.

it makes sense that we can no longer hold statements by people who are no longer on the project as indications of what direction the project will head in the future.

So since we don't know who will leave and when, since everything can happen in the future, does it mean all the statements by the current staff are indications that hold no value since whenever they leave then they're considered void ?

It's a very poorly run business if its overall objectives are tied directly to constantly shifting personnel.

Its overall objective, making a profit, will almost certainly never shift.

The way in which they choose to do so can shift radically, though it is the habit of top level management to bring in new personnel who have roughly the same thought process when it comes to how to run a game, unless top level management has decided that they want a radical shift in direction.

So since we don't know who will leave and when, since everything can happen in the future, does it mean all the statements by the current staff are indications that hold no value since whenever they leave then they're considered void ?

Not void. So long as they remain with the company their statements, assuming honesty on their part, reflect the company's current objectives. Should they leave, those objectives enter into the state of being uncertain to us, though only the people actually in the company know if the objectives remain the same or have changed.

In EAware's case, based on past performance, yes.

Everything is coming or going to be fixed: Soon!!(™)

Nothing "said" will be honored ... but it might be.

They're not gouging ... but, they're charging. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

Not void. So long as they remain with the company their statements, assuming honesty on their part, reflect the company's current objectives. Should they leave, those objectives enter into the state of being uncertain to us, though only the people actually in the company know if the objectives remain the same or have changed.

Ephemeral objectives do not bode well for the future of the game, in any case.

Ok I know I said the other post was my last in the forums. I have been a firm supporter of this game from early beta onto pre launch, then throughout now. I have seen the whole rollercoaster from "this will never be a f2p game" that the old devs said themselves to "we believe that f2p will bring in lots more people" that it did. A lot. Quite a lot. But something is....different. Changing. It starts with this.

BioWare. There is still time to correct this. Give every loyal subscriber a free Life Day Pack so we can celebrate the game's 1st anniversary. You need to do this. Keep us happy. Please..... for the Wookies....

you haz to :(

Uh...you seem to be under the impression that all these new "goodies" should be aimed at F2P players and given to Subscribers...which is STUPID! F2P players won't even drop $.50 a day on the game...they aren't going to spend $20 for Cartel crap that would put them over their credit limit...

The cash shop is aimed DIRECTLY at the SUBSCRIBERS!!! Not F2P. They make less than 5% of their revenue off of F2P's...they want those who are ALREADY buying, to just buy MORE!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.