Gunnery Crit/Power Allocation

thasensei

With regards to stat allocation - specifically crit/power - I want to make sure I'm coming to an accurate conclusion.

With BiS gear I get about 28% crit chance before I even put any points into the crit stat (5 base, 15 from aim, 3 skill tree, 5 buff).

If I use a BH earpiece and two 27 mods, I get 159 crit rating which adds 6.39% to crit chance for a total of 34.25% Tech Crit Chance.

Is there really any reason to stack any more crit, or is it safe to stack power at this point?

In the Dread Guard tier, you want your crit chance to be around 38%. The remainder of that stat block should be power. All aim augments (and A mods). Get enough accuracy to hit 100%, then go surge on the remainder of *that* stat block.

i never stack accuracy for pve. mine is 93% becuase i haven't replaced mods with it for crit/surge mods on my chest piece

i never stack accuracy for pve. mine is 93% becuase i haven't replaced mods with it for crit/surge mods on my chest piece

If you upload one of your operation logs to torparse you will probably see ticks of full auto and hib are missing occasionally. Accuracy shares with surge and alacrity and your going to be way into DR on surge so there is really no reason to not get your accuracy to 100%.

In the Dread Guard tier, you want your crit chance to be around 38%. The remainder of that stat block should be power. All aim augments (and A mods). Get enough accuracy to hit 100%, then go surge on the remainder of *that* stat block.

Why 38% specifically? I shifted to a more power heavy build. Sitting at 36% Ranged, 37% Tech Crit chance, and 1094 Tech Bonus damage (will be over 1100 once I can get Hazmat Implants and an elite war hero relic).

Since it's you I assume you have some math on the subject?

All aim augments (and A mods).

I'm curious why you're saying that A variant augs are better than unlettered. Yes, Aim is more valuable than Power, but you get a lot more Aim + Power with unlettered variants than you do with A variants, more than enough to offset the naturally heavier weight of Aim.

Edited by Kitru

You should be using unlettered mods. The increase in power from the unlettered mods is greater than what you would gain from using the A mods.

Yes, and that includes counting the Aim bonus from Ironsights and the counselor buff.

Aim for 30% crit, unbuffed, and the rest you should put into power. If you favor crit too much you wont be hitting as hard as you should, and on the flipside, if you favor power you'll be hitting hard but you won't crit as often.

30% is a good base for any commando whether you're doing pve or pvp (good luck with that btw).

Accuracy should also be close to 100%, you don't need anymore for either pve or pvp.

Edited by BounceDK

• 2 weeks later...
that whole 30% unbuffed thing is rubbish, i went along running with that whole mentality until i clued in that i was getting a decent enough return on the ammo i was spending per attack. People when insane trying to stack power once ammo regeneration wasn't linked to crit anymore. I'm currently at 36.4 and im finding a much better return then when i had it at 34% (buffed) and a little more power, ( its about ~100 average dps) assuming you keep ur critc multiplier in par with your critc, well thats mine 2 cents

hi, you're doing it wrong.

also i don't see how your mods are affecting your accuracy.

yea i mean enchancements but i seen my logs and the misses i have are hammershot so i fine with that as it not a super hard hitting skill, replacing power with accuracy is just a waste for gunnery that im not changing alot of my gear just becuase my hammershots misses every now and then.

yea i mean enchancements but i seen my logs and the misses i have are hammershot so i fine with that as it not a super hard hitting skill, replacing power with accuracy is just a waste for gunnery that im not changing alot of my gear just becuase my hammershots misses every now and then.

you can't replace power with accuracy.