1.6 Cartel Market has gone a little too far...

JediMasterSarynn

Yeh.... I learned today that apparently some people here are indeed playing against their MPD counterparts and don't like winning against themselves....

Meanwhile in land of sanity, I couldn't be bothered less about that. Never cared how people play singleplayer aspects, never cared if people used cheat codes in games or whatmore, never bothered about the use of trainers, never bothered about people buying game guides, never cared about people using experience boosts, etc.

I don't consider there being any winning in that. It's simply playing for your own fun. Something you do by yourself, alone.

Just as like how you don't win by doing a 5 mile run through the park with only parameter to go by being whether you finish it or not.

P2W is P2W is P2W, it doesn't matter what you believe, it is what it is. :(

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most ironic thing for me is that people would've expected otherwise by anything run by EA. I said it before that EA and so-called "Free-to-Play" games don't go hand in hand and got called out for it.

Now you see for yourself.

It's true. I play STO/CO, DCUO and LotRO... At least those games don't do this to you. Make you buy things to actually get some nice pixels. God I miss LD in SWG.

Everything in the games I play are just cosmetic items or some fluff. Stuff you don't need.

Edited by Krayus

Subscribers should boycott cartel market, not spend extra money in addition to their sub. As long as they see subs paying extra, they will continue messing up the core of the game (crafters).

So it's up to us to make a statement. You can bet that Joveth or any other official rep will not be making his/her appearance in this forum or any of it's threads. It's their way of not caring and it works.

Every time you see someone who has a sub and is paying extra RL money in Cartel Market, call call him and idiot. Because that is what they are. Besides being that they are the single most important factor that will make this game go down the drain.

Subscribers should boycott cartel market, not spend extra money in addition to their sub. As long as they see subs paying extra, they will continue messing up the core of the game (crafters).

So it's up to us to make a statement. You can bet that Joveth or any other official rep will not be making his/her appearance in this forum or any of it's threads. It's their way of not caring and it works.

Every time you see someone who has a sub and is paying extra RL money in Cartel Market, call call him and idiot. Because that is what they are. Besides being that they are the single most important factor that will make this game go down the drain.

Whilst I agree this is a good idea, in the short-term Bioware EA is undoubtedly being blinded by the cash injection.

Cashshops are good at that, they aren't so good as sustained income, especially if the company jumps the shark in the first 2 months of its life. :(

It's true. I play STO/CO, DCUO and LotRO... At least those games don't do this to you. Make you buy things to actually get some nice pixels. God I miss LD in SWG.

Everything in the games I play are just cosmetic items or some fluff. Stuff you don't need.

So pretty much the same as in SWTOR, stuff you don't need. Cosmetic and fluff.

However, that doesn't suit the EA is evil mantra. We as a community ought to stand together and act as if more is going on!

Just in: inside sources tell me SWTOR servers are fueled by burning baby seals.

So pretty much the same as in SWTOR, stuff you don't need. Cosmetic and fluff.

However, that doesn't suit the EA is evil mantra. We as a community ought to stand together and act as if more is going on!

Just in: inside sources tell me SWTOR servers are fueled by burning baby seals.

LOTRO certainly doesn't do what SWTOR has done, neither does WAR and many other.

In fact again I can't think of one MMORPG that has done what SWTOR has done, can you? :confused:

We as a community ought to stand together and act as if more is going on!

Not spending any RL money on CM is imo the only thing that we, subscribers, have. If money is the only thing they care bout, the best possible solution is to deny them that.

They have already shown that no matter what is posted here, they are ignoring that as they see us as "vocal minority". Let's see if we are indeed such minority. Stop using CM and let's see what kind of result that has.

LOTRO certainly doesn't do what SWTOR has done, neither does WAR and many other.

In fact again I can't think of one MMORPG that has done what SWTOR has done, can you? :confused:

Well, you're going to have to be more precise on what in your mind SWTOR has done in that case. As to me, all I see on the market is:

- Cosmetics

- Junk

- Vanity items

- Packs

- Fluff

- Several premium feature unlocks

Pretty much in line with stuff I've seen in LOTRO, GW(2), D&D:O, etc.

What do I not see in SWTOR? Best in slot items for PvP and raiding coming from the cartel market. So it's not like traditional asian grinder cash shop MMO's.

In my opinion, some people are just trying too desperately making it appear as if SWTOR truly does anything different, whilst in reality it's just another western market item mall.

For months he has been screaming about pay to win. It's kinda like the people that search for Bigfoot, They know he is real.:p

Perhaps we should start throwing those sticking to the current system being pay to win in the looney bin then :p.

Edited by Fornix

For months he has been screaming about pay to win. It's kinda like the people that search for Bigfoot, They know he is real.:p

Me? Please provide a link about me "screaming" about P2W months ago?

I saw it happen in WAR and I warned against it happening with SWTOR and F2P if Bioware EA chose the wrong path certainly, but that's not the same thing.

As it has happened in SWTOR now, perhaps I should have been "screaming" about it months and months ago. :eek:

well, you're going to have to be more precise on what in your mind swtor has done in that case. As to me, all i see on the market is:

- cosmetics

- junk

- vanity items

- packs

- fluff

- several premium feature unlocks

pretty much in line with stuff i've seen in lotro, gw(2), d&d:o, etc.

What do i not see in swtor? Best in slot items for pvp and raiding coming from the cartel market. So it's not like traditional asian grinder cash shop mmo's.

Not had any events and instead just sold stuff for 4 months worth of subscriber coin allocation (or 2 months worth of subscription cash) and just given out a stack of disposible novelty items instead of something permenant like a tile or pet.

There's no other mmorpg that i can think of that has done that (not wow, war, lotro, gw2, ddo, even sto:eek:), can you?

Edited by Goretzu

Me? Please provide a link about me "screaming" about P2W months ago?

I saw it happen in WAR and I warned against it happening with SWTOR and F2P if Bioware EA chose the wrong path certainly, but that's not the same thing.

As it has happened in SWTOR now, perhaps I should have been "screaming" about it months and months ago. :eek:

No, it hasnt. But you need something new to hate since the patch is stable.

Perhaps we should start throwing those sticking to the current system being pay to win in the looney bin then :p.
You think you can do that? :eek:

No, it hasnt. But you need something new to hate since the patch is stable.

P2W is here now unfortunately, I suspect it will only spread now. :(

Not spending any RL money on CM is imo the only thing that we, subscribers, have. If money is the only thing they care bout, the best possible solution is to deny them that.

They have already shown that no matter what is posted here, they are ignoring that as they see us as "vocal minority". Let's see if we are indeed such minority. Stop using CM and let's see what kind of result that has.

This is exactly as to why myself I'm an advocate of MMO's ditching subscriptions and going down a pay for content path all together.

Vote with your wallet.

People fail to understand that a cartel market is the best form of polling any product or MMO can have. It gives a definite reflection on what the playerbase seeks. Wether that be:

Cosmetics - Plenty of that.

Content - Section X for now.

Singleplayer upgrades - Experience boosts, ship upgrades.

Vanity items - Mounts, Pets, etc.

Holiday items - Just look now.

In the future we'll probably see Makeb in there as well, at least for F2P players.

Are you interested in more content? Simple, just purchase the content. Are you interested in specific content only, and believe another sort isn't really appealing? Simple, just buy the content you like.

You like cosmetics and could care less about content? Skip the content, go for cosmetics.

Etcetera.

It's much less biased than people QQ'ing on forums whilst thousands of others are silent, it's much more direct than simply paying all or nothing as in traditional subscriptions. Companies can instantly see what drives us the most revenue, in other words what do players wish to see, and act on that.

This is exactly as to why myself I'm an advocate of MMO's ditching subscriptions and going down a pay for content path all together.

Vote with your wallet.

People fail to understand that a cartel market is the best form of polling any product or MMO can have. It gives a definite reflection on what the playerbase seeks. Wether that be:

Cosmetics - Plenty of that.

Content - Section X for now.

Singleplayer upgrades - Experience boosts, ship upgrades.

Vanity items - Mounts, Pets, etc.

Holiday items - Just look now.

In the future we'll probably see Makeb in there as well, at least for F2P players.

Are you interested in more content? Simple, just purchase the content. Are you interested in specific content only, and believe another sort isn't really appealing? Simple, just buy the content you like.

You like cosmetics and could care less about content? Skip the content, go for cosmetics.

Etcetera.

It's much less biased than people QQ'ing on forums whilst thousands of others are silent, it's much more direct than simply paying all or nothing as in traditional subscriptions. Companies can instantly see what drives us the most revenue, in other words what do players wish to see, and act on that.

Now that's a different thing.

If they do away with subscriptions and just have the cashshop it changes a lot of things.

However they haven't done that, they HAVE and WANT subscriptions......... it just seem they want to double-dip subscribers by getting them to pay for a sub AND pay for everything else too. :mad:

It was predictible to some extent.

Lets just hope they'll not forget their paying subscribers. I thought they said that the game will have a F2P option + cartel points, now it looks like a full F2P game with cartel points + milking subscribers...

Not had any events and instead just sold stuff for 4 months worth of subscriber coin allocation (or 2 months worth of subscription cash) and just given out a stack of disposible novelty items instead of something permenant like a tile or pet.

There's no other mmorpg that i can think of that has done that (not wow, war, lotro, gw2, ddo, even sto:eek:), can you?

And here I was thinking we had:

- Rise of the Rakghouls

- Grand Acquisition Race

With titles, pets, vehicles, etc involved in those events.

Sure, they didn't go all out on Christmas, but that doesn't inidicate they had no events. And who knows, we may see another non-RL holiday related event in a couple of months again. If they then just throw the others on repeat every xx months we'd be settled.