Merc Healer

DarthChavez

At your level, crit/surge is going to provide better benefits, but power is always more controllable. The difference between them is quite small, so you don't need to worry about it too much. As for skills, this is the build that I use in PvE: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300rfRMRbcdkfzZrco.2 In PvP, I'll shift a few points around, but this is still the general idea.

Your gear is going to keep changing as you climb the gear ladder. There is no real need to worry about having the exact perfect stats in only Black Hole 26 gear because one day you will upgrade to Dread Guard level 27s.

Just make sure your crit doesn't go past 33-35% unbuffed and the rest will take care of itself. You really can't do it wrong as you are gear leveling. As far as how much surge...you dont really have much of a choice. You will have a few enhancements that put your surge to 75ish. Then with the last couple enhancements, you can either overstack surge or add a little alacrity.

Once your gear is 100% topped out in 27s is when you should consider swapping things around. Don't waste resources making a perfect gear set if its not the best gear you can get.

Just focus on buying the pieces with the armoring you need, and just use whatever random mod and enhancement is in there. UNTIL you are dealing with 27s. THEN worry about how much crit to lose for power.

I would just focus on making sure any item you get has the right armoring/barrel/hilt. The other slots are less important and will change over time if you change stats. But the armoring will never need to be changed as long as you get the right one first.

Edited by DarthBloodloss