We want Duel Spec!

wowmiscott

Yes. Restrictions are a lot of fun. If dual specs are in place, guess what? you can still restrict your character gameplay and nobody will care.

I was just pointing out how it IS fun for some of us to do as I explained, not that it isn't fun as the person I responded to made it out to be.

Some people say Dailies are a chore, but others say they're fun. Calling it a chore is just your opinion and doesn't make anyone who disagrees wrong.

Most MMOs have this its been a year and small things like this are still missing its sad.

Can you list those MMOs that make up this most out of all MMOs?

Edited by monkgryphon

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just pointing out how it IS fun for some of us to do as I explained, not that it isn't fun as the person I responded to made it out to be.

Some people say Dailies are a chore, but others say they're fun. Calling it a chore is just your opinion and doesn't make anyone who disagrees wrong.

s?

So following your logic, Dailies should be removed because they are not fun for me.

Doing dailies vs. changing my spec because my team needs me to fill a dps spot and not a tank spot?

There is no comparison, wtx are you blabbering about?

This is not a content issue, simply convenience.

I have unlocked respec on the fly, now I would like to have a talent/action bar layout/gear template I could apply on the fly.

It is simply the next logical step to improve.

no need for dual spec if you a subber, just get the legacy respec unlock and you can swap and change when you want and no matter where you are for free.

With duel spec you would not have to go to the fleet or buy some silly over priced ingame thing to do it not on fleet.

With duel spec you would not have to go to the fleet or buy some silly over priced ingame thing to do it not on fleet.

right so your idea is to spend a fortune to unlock dual spec ( which they would do) or spend a fortune buying the respec (which is simply a button not an item) that sits nicly on your talents screen (which people can buy with 1 months worth of free coins for being a subber), hmm choices choices. Do i want dual spec where i have 2 specific trees or a little button that i can press and have any talents i want within seconds.

Edited by Shingara

right so your idea is to spend a fortune to unlock dual spec ( which they would do) or spend a fortune buying the respec (which is simply a button not an item) that sits nicly on your talents screen (which people can buy with 1 months worth of free coins for being a subber), hmm choices choices. Do i want dual spec where i have 2 specific trees or a little button that i can press and have any talents i want within seconds.

Yes, we all understand there is respec available. Doing that doesn't set your key bindings and talents automatically. That is the difference that most of us are looking for. It is nice that they have the option right now to be able to change your talents on the fly with the legacy respec but it's having to redo your talents and then rearranging your hot bar and key bindings afterwards. So as a "quality of life" feature this would be nice to click a button and have it adjust everything for you. I am not saying that if this feature is added that you must use it, it is a preference like almost everything else that they have added in extra.

Edited by wowmiscott

The point is that this game isn't just for you.

Now you are finally getting it! Just because you do not feel the need for dual spec doesn't make the rest of us wrong. If this was added to the game there is nothing saying you have to use it. They can make it a cartel thing or a legacy thing... either way you DO NOT have to take advantage of it and can still play your single role and lvl multiple characters to experience different roles as can anyone else. Again that is your prerogative and no one will judge you for doing so. Like you pointed out... this game is not just for you. If you you find a spelling mistake in this because you have nothing else, please feel free to point it out.

Now you are finally getting it! Just because you do not feel the need for dual spec doesn't make the rest of us wrong. If this was added to the game there is nothing saying you have to use it. They can make it a cartel thing or a legacy thing... either way you DO NOT have to take advantage of it and can still play your single role and lvl multiple characters to experience different roles as can anyone else. Again that is your prerogative and no one will judge you for doing so. Like you pointed out... this game is not just for you. If you you find a spelling mistake in this because you have nothing else, please feel free to point it out.

I got it from the beginning, how many times do I have to write that I supported your side of the discussion in my second post in this whole thread?

I never said this was wrong, but people seem too intent on coming down on me for pointing out where their points can be refuted. It's called playing the Devil's Advocate so that you think about your points and why you support them. I've also stated before that I wasn't really against this, but when someone argues a moot point of it, I will point it out and shine more light on it. Attacking me over it, I will stoop to your level and focus on everything negative.

Dual Spec would be amazing. I don't think you have to pay to unlock the feature to use it though since we don't pay to unlock the group finder or warzone que features. Although I would pay extra credits/CC for a legacy wide additional spec unlock, thereby making it three maximum.

Yes, we all understand there is respec available. Doing that doesn't set your key bindings and talents automatically. That is the difference that most of us are looking for. It is nice that they have the option right now to be able to change your talents on the fly with the legacy respec but it's having to redo your talents and then rearranging your hot bar and key bindings afterwards. So as a "quality of life" feature this would be nice to click a button and have it adjust everything for you. I am not saying that if this feature is added that you must use it, it is a preference like almost everything else that they have added in extra.

Wouldnt it be easier to have keybinds save like interface do and to have interface set ups store where your skills are so when you swap over and use 2 specific trees you can just tap it and load the specific keybinds and interface with store ability placement instead of defining you have 2 specific skill trees ontop of the already existing system.

Doing it like that means you could have dual spec, tripple spec and basically as many spec and builds as can be stored like we do with interface now. Would also mean they would be account bound for interface and keybinds.

Edited by Shingara

YES we want dual spec.

I play healer pvp but it takes so long to do daillies AND can't be bothered with changing everything around just to do them either so im playing far less and enjoying less than id like.

Please, DUEL SPEC........skill tree + quickbars too + items worn.

I am against this as it would be a pain in the butt people would need on anything in FP's.

What is to stop anyone needing on anything in Flash Points now? People do it for their companions for Gods sake. People with poor attitudes will do what they do with, or without Dual spec options.

Proper etiquette would be "Hey, I know I'm tanking this, but I'm trying to build a dps spec for my second one. Does anyone mind if I roll need?"

What is to stop anyone needing on anything in Flash Points now? People do it for their companions for Gods sake. People with poor attitudes will do what they do with, or without Dual spec options.

Proper etiquette would be "Hey, I know I'm tanking this, but I'm trying to build a dps spec for my second one. Does anyone mind if I roll need?"

Really, it would just validate it in people's minds.

I put a small lock on my Toolbox, not because it prevents people from just taking my toolbox and breaking it open to steal my tools, but it is a mental deterrent. It keeps those who are ambivalent leaning toward good.

Really, it would just validate it in people's minds.

I put a small lock on my Toolbox, not because it prevents people from just taking my toolbox and breaking it open to steal my tools, but it is a mental deterrent. It keeps those who are ambivalent leaning toward good.

So you are supporting DMSL's statement then.

It changes nothing, as I've already said. I hate repeating myself. Absence of Dual spec, or not. It will still happen just as frequently. Again, they don't need dual spec for validation, because they're doing it now.

Edited by xorcist

So you are supporting DMSL's statement then.

It changes nothing, as I've already said. I hate repeating myself. Absence of Dual spec, or not. It will still happen just as frequently. Again, they don't need dual spec for validation, because they're doing it now.

I wont deny that, especially since you can change specs with what is available now.

Wouldnt it be easier to have keybinds save like interface do and to have interface set ups store where your skills are so when you swap over and use 2 specific trees you can just tap it and load the specific keybinds and interface with store ability placement instead of defining you have 2 specific skill trees ontop of the already existing system.

Doing it like that means you could have dual spec, tripple spec and basically as many spec and builds as can be stored like we do with interface now. Would also mean they would be account bound for interface and keybinds.

YES! I like it... this too is a good idea, given that you can save a specific tree set to that as well.

I wont deny that, especially since you can change specs with what is available now.

Are you Italian and in 1942?? you keep changing your opinion if you support dual spec... you keep saying look at my second post (when in reality I find it hard to read any of your posts after you just trolled in your first one), and now you tell xorcist you do not deny that you support DMSL with him saying he is against dual spec. Before you make another post on this thread please be sure your mind is set on what you would like to support.

Are you Italian and in 1942?? you keep changing your opinion if you support dual spec... you keep saying look at my second post (when in reality I find it hard to read any of your posts after you just trolled in your first one), and now you tell xorcist you do not deny that you support DMSL with him saying he is against dual spec. Before you make another post on this thread please be sure your mind is set on what you would like to support.

I am sorry for looking at this from both sides. I can't deny points made on either side. Also, I was agreeing with his point on people will click need regardless of dual spec being available. Before you make another post on this thread, please don't be so quick to jump on the offensive.

This is a discussion board, not a debate board. Even so, I can change my mind.

Edited by monkgryphon

Yes, you can, but it would be better if you could save your specs (which is essentially what dual spec is) for easy recall instead of having to re-enter all the points each time.

Necessary, probably not. Quality of life for the player... absolutely. So they should do it.

That is what killed this game, none of the stuff they left out was "Necessary" technicaly speaking, but they game probably would not have went f2p if they had put them in before everyone left.

BUMP bump bump,

So want to do daillies with dps gear and just cannot be @rsed to change everything around from healing spec all set just to do it....REALLY FRUSTRATING sorry but im not changing back and forth everyday just because its free.