We want Duel Spec!

wowmiscott

Taking 1-2 mins is no good when you're in a WZ. That is the problem. The dual spec from WoW allows you to swap nearly instantly.

And switching from healer to dps and vice versa has more keybind switching too.

It most assuredly is not a problem. It is a good idea to restrict Dualspeccing *somehow* Otherwise , at very least in pvp, it leads to all kinds of annoying exploits and balance issues I'd rather have BW not worrying about.

Good luck trying to respec in WoW when those Battleground Gates open up. It is a restriction that is there for a reason.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this 'we'?

Indeed!

I prefer a unique spec with an important cost when "re-respecing". Where a character progression choices do matter and define in an unique way what a character is or is not, each having pro and con.

I like characters to have a definite personality and a skill history, to have a colorful identity, and not to become colorless like some play-doh you happend to mix and mold to many times around.

... asked for dual spec.

... followed with dual class request.

.. already requested dual faction.

... probably soon dual race

...... at some point dual gender.

I just meant "we" might be overgeneralizing for a community thread title, because "I" certainly do not want maroon looking characters :p

Now that being said., and since Bioware decided that "re-specing" is basically free (for subscribers) and can be done anywhere if you have the right perk, then having a way to save and recall skill trees and skill bars profiles would make sense.

Edited by Elysith

I find it amazing how people who only play as one spec are against the idea of implementing dual speccing because "they don't need it". This game is already dying hard, may as well let the rest of ride be a pleasant one, instead of forcing players to mindlessly click their talents and fixing their hotbars again and again.

Dual spec can be a good thing and a bad thing.

its nice to be able to respec fast on moments when its need ( ops etc )

On the otherhand during a pug run you will get more ninjas cause they role for DUAL sets.

Also some players dont have the skill to learn 2 specs to its fullest potential.

I personally wont use a dual spec, i like tanking to much .

But can understand thatsome ppl have the need for it.

On what? If you know your specs or have them written down, you can literally respec and swap gear in less than a minute. I do it all the time from DPS to heals and vice versa.

Maybe YOU can... but as IrishTR keeps pointing out to all you who only read what you want to read, when skills drop because you are no longer talented into them or going from one degree to another you have to move you abilities around for keybinds and that takes longer than 60 sec. So again I have to call BS!

I'm lucky to be a Marauder, so I don't NEED a dual spec,but I would probably play around with it so I can swap to Carnage or Annihilation when not in combat.

But I definitely see your point, especially if you're a Sorc or Assassin.... heal, tank,dps, all require a respec.

This game needs dual spec for classes that have dual purposes, period.

Actually my sentinel would.probably make pretty good use of it--

Pvp and ops trash: focus

Boss fights and areas where trash needs a lot of cc: watchman

Heck as it stands I'll spend some time in almost all three specs in a given week just playing around with variety

Maybe YOU can... but as IrishTR keeps pointing out to all you who only read what you want to read, when skills drop because you are no longer talented into them or going from one degree to another you have to move you abilities around for keybinds and that takes longer than 60 sec. So again I have to call BS!

Ok... 61 seconds... bad judgement on throwing the 1 minute estimate. Even if it took 5 minutes, so?

Ok... 61 seconds... bad judgement on throwing the 1 minute estimate. Even if it took 5 minutes, so?

Listen you and your lady companion/male for that matter might be ok with your quickness. But sorry not everyone is that capable of spending 42 points correctly, reassigning several hotbar items, and installing 14 pieces of gear. Now multiply that by 12 characters and try remembering all that and exactly what when and where it all was meant for...

Why do we have to have outside game measures (written down as you say) or rely on my aging memory for something that should have been a function/capability of the game?

Christ... Why do people need to be negative for requesting features to make a game better? If you have zero input on the subject other than the bs remarks spewed please save yourself those seconds took you too type them then speedy, the change won't have any negative effects on you so again why the urge to toss worthless banter in?

Edited by IrishTR

Listen you and your lady companion/male for that matter might be ok with your quickness. But sorry not everyone is that capable of spending 42 points correctly, reassigning several hotbar items, and installing 14 pieces of gear. Now multiply that by 12 characters and try remembering all that and exactly what when and where it all was meant for...

Why do we have to have outside game measures (written down as you say) or rely on my aging memory for something that should have been a function/capability of the game?

Christ... Why do people need to be negative for requesting features to make a game better? If you have zero input on the subject other than the bs remarks spewed please save yourself those seconds took you too type them then speedy, the change won't have any negative effects on you so again why the urge to toss worthless banter in?

Great Post!

The resistance to this feature request amazes me.

Dual Spec is a very popular system that other game (and its 8 million subscribers) has in place.

I'm not really being negative toward the overall suggestion. I am just in the boat that feels the game doesn't NEED the feature to be successful. It's funny how you call my post out, but don't call the post that literally had nothing to say but call BS on the previous poster. Biased much? Why aren't you call them out for not having any input on the subject in a post for a thread they started? Did you also miss the post I made before? Where I was stating there would be a lot more changes than a few abilities? Seriously, don't tell me that I am being negative. I am ambivalent on this subject, but when people start arguing stupid points, I will point it out.

Now why does the game have to be put on hold until they create a feature for your personal handicap? Not everyone has your handicap, and it doesn't mean the game is unplayable without it.

Edited by monkgryphon

I'm not really being negative toward the overall suggestion. I am just in the boat that feels the game doesn't NEED the feature to be successful. It's funny how you call my post out, but don't call the post that literally had nothing to say but call BS on the previous poster. Biased much? Why aren't you call them out for not having any input on the subject in a post for a thread they started? Did you also miss the post I made before? Where I was stating there would be a lot more changes than a few abilities? Seriously, don't tell me that I am being negative. I am ambivalent on this subject, but when people start arguing stupid points, I will point it out.

Now why does the game have to be put on hold until they create a feature for your personal handicap? Not everyone has your handicap, and it doesn't mean the game is unplayable without it.

Again, you have submitted pointless comment to the thread... I cannot recall once when I said, or read someone post that this game is unplayable without Dual Spec. I am saying it would be nice to have as a quality of life in game over emotes/modes for a your toon/companion. So you can act like the victim all you want pleading for irshTR to call others out... I don't see one of your posts on here that was actually constructive. You may be quick and are able to change talents and gear and hotbars in 60 or "61" seconds but that doesn't mean everyone can. So you may think we do not "Need" this, but has your game play improved now that your character can make a gesture?

Seriously, my second post in this thread actually defended the idea that it's more than just a few abilities that are changed, as the importance of other core abilities also change. Keep calling my posts out, it's really helping your case.

I've had enough. I'll go back to the topic, like I did in my first post in here. No! I don't want Duel spec ever added to the game. We already have expertise for PVP, we don't need a spec for Duels.

I'll just stick to the Topic in the title and the OP. DUEL SPEC.

Edited by monkgryphon

When are we going to see duel specialization? There is always talk of it but instead they give subs free respec's. If you are like me you couldn't be bothered redoing all your talents and then setting up your action bars when there is a need for a role, just to have to do it all over again when you want to play the role you were in. We keep hearing BioWare is listening to us and reading our posts.... if this is true, then why just a band aid fix instead of implementing duel specs??? I don't see the importance of "emotes/moods" when you can get more out of the game with duel specs. I like to heal while raiding, but also like to DPS in PvP... but i would have to respec constantly to get the full enjoyment I would be looking for. Is there emote/mood for "*** Bioware, you would rather put extras in for free to play instead of giving your subscribers what they have been asking for before 1.2".

Well, there is this legacy trait that allows you to respec on the fly, there is no need for dual-spec, unless you are just too lazy to put the points back in with each respec, if that is the case, find a spec and stick with it...problem solved.

Why not?

We don't "need" dual spec, but it would be a very nice to have.

And it would be a much more useful nice to have than /menace

Although, /readycheck would be even better.

Seriously, my second post in this thread actually defended the idea that it's more than just a few abilities that are changed, as the importance of other core abilities also change. Keep calling my posts out, it's really helping your case.

I've had enough. I'll go back to the topic, like I did in my first post in here. No! I don't want Duel spec ever added to the game. We already have expertise for PVP, we don't need a spec for Duels.

I'll just stick to the Topic in the title and the OP. DUEL SPEC.

Thank you, we get it, you pointed out the spellig mistake, good for you.

Guys, in what's nearly 2013 it's perfectly reasonable - and expected - for an MMO to support multiple specs (including ability bar configs and gear-swapping).

Anything else is simply a pain.

We play the game to have fun. Not to work and do boring repetitive things - like rebuilding your skill trees.

Anything that's not fun (I mean fun - not easy) isn't well, fun.

End of story :)

Guys, in what's nearly 2013 it's perfectly reasonable - and expected - for an MMO to support multiple specs (including ability bar configs and gear-swapping).

We play the game to have fun. Not to work and do boring repetitive things - like rebuilding your skill trees.

Ok... I'll bite this one. What's fun for you, this multiple specs, is not fun for me. What I find fun is picking a spec, and sticking with it completely. If I want to play as a healer, I'll swap to my healer character. If I want to play as a Tank, I'll swap to my tank character. I have more fun building the alternate spec, than just swapping on the fly. The alternative is not fun.

Heh!

I wonder why this is so hard for people to accept? Why must parts of entertainment gaming be a chore and no fun? Because we may overdose with excitement if there is too much fun going on??

About 6 or 7 years ago I made a suggestion in that "other" game forums about my Priest having the ability to fulfill a healing roll or dps roll.

You should have seen the responses, "This must be your first MMO", "Such a noob", "Make up your mind - DPS or Heal", "Reroll".

I'm glad the ignorance has been washed away....Oh wait. NVM

Ok... I'll bite this one. What's fun for you, this multiple specs, is not fun for me. What I find fun is picking a spec, and sticking with it completely. If I want to play as a healer, I'll swap to my healer character. If I want to play as a Tank, I'll swap to my tank character. I have more fun building the alternate spec, than just swapping on the fly. The alternative is not fun.

OK, that's up to you. But please let others experience different aspects to the class systems of their class easily. Maybe one person wants to heal and DPS with the same char. Maybe someone else wants to tank and DPS with theirs. Maybe someone wants to PvE DPS and PvP DPS with different specs and they'd like to be able to jump right into whatever they chose to do, quickly.

Anyway it's all academic. I'm sure that BW are working on this. They must realize that they need to do this, right? Ditto appearance and name change.