Quests, where are they?

Miothan

Alderaan bonus series, available from the Fleet, is the answer to OP's problem.

Edit: I'm not actually certain if the quest is available on level 39 or 40, but should help with the level disrepancy anyway.

This and the fact, these players probably have had very little rest xp. I had plenty on my Bounty Hunter, so I finished Hoth at almost 41. I did no space missions or flashpoints or pvp. I think I did 2 Heroic quests that were grey.

I was playing a Jedi Consular at the same time. Just go to the Fleet and you can get an Alderaan Bonus Series. I thought it was 34 though, but could be wrong.

Edited by Dawgtide

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a job!

I agree with the OP never had this problem in that other game.

lvl 1-25 is great past that its an uphill slog for us casuals and some of the class quests are too hard.:)

Too hard? I agree some are challenging when one level below, but that adds excitement. I had to really stategize to beat a couple of my enemies particularly one of the Bounty Hunters' marks on Hoth. Please don't ezmode this Bioware. It is fine.

I am currently on Hoth, am lvl 39, but got no more quest left, except for the Heroic ones....
I don't think I even hit Hoth until early 40s, and I never did a space mission, never did a warzone, did only three or so flashpoints, and had started skipping heroics by that point.

Have you tried doing the bonus series quests? Sometimes they're a pain to find where they start; for a long time I thought Alderaan was the only planet without a bonus series, but I later found the initial quest giver in the fleet.

I keep seeing posts to this effect that people are behind the level for the quests, and all I can think is how, how did this happen to you. I currently have 2 level 50s and a 35 and have never ran into anything even resembling this problem. My sage (first character to 50) hit 50 before setting foot on Voss or Corellia. My second 50 hit 50 on Belsavis (sith side) without doing the hoth bonus voss or corellia. There have been times leveling where I actually end up so far above the quest content that it goes grey and now only gives me 5xp for the turn in. Also on those characters I did NO flashpoints while leveling. I did try to do the Heroic quests but often dropped them when I had finished the planet without finding a group. I did however make it a point to do space missions every day, whichever space daily was not grey.

I keep seeing posts to this effect that people are behind the level for the quests, and all I can think is how, how did this happen to you. I currently have 2 level 50s and a 35 and have never ran into anything even resembling this problem. My sage (first character to 50) hit 50 before setting foot on Voss or Corellia. My second 50 hit 50 on Belsavis (sith side) without doing the hoth bonus voss or corellia. There have been times leveling where I actually end up so far above the quest content that it goes grey and now only gives me 5xp for the turn in. Also on those characters I did NO flashpoints while leveling. I did try to do the Heroic quests but often dropped them when I had finished the planet without finding a group. I did however make it a point to do space missions every day, whichever space daily was not grey.

It comes down to a few things that can add to XP as you go along; opening the map up in areas where there are no quest hubs, sneaking past or out running mobs instead of fighting through them on the way to your quest markers, clearing all the mobs in a class quest area instead of only the ones you need to to get to your target, XP gained from companion affection if you use one companion continuously (you lose this if you switch between companions constantly), clicking codex items in the game, how many bonus sub-quests you complete on each quest quest as you go along.

There are plenty of variables.

Too hard? I agree some are challenging when one level below, but that adds excitement. I had to really stategize to beat a couple of my enemies particularly one of the Bounty Hunters' marks on Hoth. Please don't ezmode this Bioware. It is fine.

Look its not just me others have posted about the difficulty of class quests

Some guy even posted about hitting 50 and not being able to do the final class quest.

TO those that found it a breeze I salute you, but some of us are finding it beyond challenging.

Also I am not skipping content and have done most of the bonus stuff started doing pvp for xp and even filling up my map looking for quests I might have missed.

I expect to run out of quests before I hit 50 partly because I cant complete the class quest and because there are just not any others to do.

:)

As the title says, i am wondering where the heck i can find more solo quests, to keep up with the planets recommended levels.

Am i supposed to do every single Heroic quest just so i can keep up with the recommended level of planets?

I am currently on Hoth, am lvl 39, but got no more quest left, except for the Heroic ones....

Anyone know where i might find more quests? cause it sure is rediculus that a planet states it is for lvl 37-41, and then only has enough quests for 2 lvls. ********, same thing happend on other planets aswell, and had to throw in some heroic quests to make it to other lvls, but at this point im lacking 2 whole levels.......

Try doing bonus objectives and heroics. If that doesn't work do some space missions, flashpoints or PvP. I'm having the opposite problem. I had to skip two planets except for the story quests because they were too low for me.

As the title says, i am wondering where the heck i can find more solo quests, to keep up with the planets recommended levels.

Am i supposed to do every single Heroic quest just so i can keep up with the recommended level of planets?

Anyone know where i might find more quests? cause it sure is rediculus that a planet states it is for lvl 37-41, and then only has enough quests for 2 lvls. ********, same thing happend on other planets aswell, and had to throw in some heroic quests to make it to other lvls, but at this point im lacking 2 whole levels.......

I have this problem and it gets worse the higher your level and I think it mostly comes from rushing ahead with the story content for your class. Any planets that are green to you or better go back to them and see if you missed the bonus series for that planet. I found a few of these however even the bonus on some planets gets done way to fast.

I have even found myself parking my toon in my ship for a while so they get rested exp for the rest of the level and then going out to find an area where I can grind silvers at my level so I can get to the next level and I can go to the next planet. Silvers at your level or above in a rested state should earn 1000 to 1.3k exp per kill or more depending on how much they are above your current level, they are easy to kill and you can gain exp quickly this way. It can be a good way to finish off a level so you can move on to your next planet without to many deaths which can be costly at this point.

Also any class I have played that has stealth I have run into this problem and here is how...

If there are any bonus kill quests attatched to a quest and you then stealth all the way in and kill the objecitive sometimes the bonus part of that quest is then cancelled and you don't get the exp for completing it.

I have noticed that on my agent and my scoundrel, and frankly its kind of poor quest design because i really should be able to complete the kill quests on the way out. That way I stealth all the way in, kill the boss with completely fresh gear and all of my cooldowns ready to go, than get the kill quest on the way out. This is what this class is really supposed to do because they have stealth...

It should have been designed that way and many of them you can do that way, some of them though especially at higher levels (40+) don't work that way and stealthing classes may loose exp this way.

Edited by Rahl_Windsong

i feel like some people here are being very "high and mighty" .... and not even reading what some of us are saying.

i have, up until hoth, done four full levels on every planet (except quesh) - i start them at the right level and i end them 4 levels later - i do as many quests it takes to be the recommended level to start the next planet. i do not do group quests, and at this point all my space missions are grey except for one that is green and gives very little XP.

so please READ: I DID EVERY QUEST I COULD FIND ON HOTH EXCEPT FOR THE GROUP QUESTS - there are no other quests available to pick up. a lot of us were just looking for an answer on where we might have missed quests on Hoth or to see if other people had trouble getting 4 full levels out of hoth if you didnt do any group quests.

i feel like some people here are being very "high and mighty" .... and not even reading what some of us are saying.

i have, up until hoth, done four full levels on every planet (except quesh) - i start them at the right level and i end them 4 levels later - i do as many quests it takes to be the recommended level to start the next planet. i do not do group quests, and at this point all my space missions are grey except for one that is green and gives very little XP.

so please READ: I DID EVERY QUEST I COULD FIND ON HOTH EXCEPT FOR THE GROUP QUESTS - there are no other quests available to pick up. a lot of us were just looking for an answer on where we might have missed quests on Hoth or to see if other people had trouble getting 4 full levels out of hoth if you didnt do any group quests.

Yeah, some people are being a bit...lofty but...there is some wisdom.

For example, I had NO idea there was a Nar Shaddaa bonus series 'til I stumbled over it on Fleet (Rep). This made me think...uh oh, what else have I missed? A little research showed...a fair good bit. So, I spent today catching up on the bonus series of NS and am currently working on Alderaan (oh gawd...I don't think this one is ever going to end! Heh).

1.5 levels so far.

So I guess what I'd say is, if you think you've done everything, check the 'Net (Torhead or DarthHater etc.) just to be SURE you have done everything. I don't do anything except questing and whilst I used to be a bit ahead, I was getting "even" right around level 40. Then I discovered, I'm a twit.

G'luck!

Look its not just me others have posted about the difficulty of class quests

Some guy even posted about hitting 50 and not being able to do the final class quest.

TO those that found it a breeze I salute you, but some of us are finding it beyond challenging.

Also I am not skipping content and have done most of the bonus stuff started doing pvp for xp and even filling up my map looking for quests I might have missed.

I expect to run out of quests before I hit 50 partly because I cant complete the class quest and because there are just not any others to do.

:)

I am not saying I found it a breeze, heck on one of my marks on Hoth, I had to switch out companions. I had to wait on my Heroic, I had to tatally change tactics, etc. But I am just saying I don't want it too easy. I died about 8-9 times before I won and yes it was a close win. But I got it done.

Some class quests definately need either the healer companion out or to be specced healer. The one class I would worry about with class quests is the class that gets healer as the 5th companion. I honestly forget which one that is at the moment.

I don't know what to add about the quests. Maybe it is because I have rested xp usually, but again I have never had a problem. In fact, I kind of get tired of bonus series by the time they are done.

I was not trying to be high and mighty, but just trying to add that something may have been missed. I did not get 4 levels on Hoth, but I think I came close. I don't know exactly what level I started. I still think that may have been why the Alderaan Bonus Series from the Fleet is something you can get to add into this period.

Some class quests definately need either the healer companion out or to be specced healer. The one class I would worry about with class quests is the class that gets healer as the 5th companion. I honestly forget which one that is at the moment.

Smuggler (gunslinger/scoundrel). Gets the healer companion last, after Hoth. It was a real pain in the neck.

I don't think the planet bonus series are easy to find, other than the ones like Taris and Tatooine that are straight after you've finished on the planet and you find them as you are heading into the spaceport on your way out. There's nothing to take you to the quest starter on the fleet for the others, and unless you found out by accident or through talking to someone, how would you know they were even there? I avoid the fleet like the plague (way too much lag there for me) so it's not like I pop in to visit the rellies on a regular basis or anything and find them that way.

As a gunslinger I don't get stealth and make a point of finishing all bonus quests. I have done a grand total of 1 space mission, 0 pvp, 0 warzones and very very few heroics (a couple of +2s only) and managed to stay on level for each planet. The planet level is a range, so if I was a couple of levels higher than the start level, that's cool - you don't have to go to a new planet as soon as you hit that level.

Hoth - don't forget to explore the planet fully. You may find an outpost with a couple of quests that you didn't even know was there. Just a suggestion.

There are more Hoth quests after finishing act 2 if I remember correct. There are also AREA quests which requires you to roam around exploring.

I finished first part of Hoth around lvl 39/40 and went to do some Alderaan bonus quests to check if the dude that gives Hoth bonus series already opened up after (which he did not) so went do some class and normal quests on Belsavis till lvl 44-ish, went back to Hoth to see bonus quests popped up. When doing the Hoth bonus missions more quests popped up and ended up leaving Hoth permanent at the lvl of 46.

Edited by Kirameki

I was not trying to be high and mighty, but just trying to add that something may have been missed. I did not get 4 levels on Hoth, but I think I came close. I don't know exactly what level I started. I still think that may have been why the Alderaan Bonus Series from the Fleet is something you can get to add into this period.

i didn't mean you specifically - it just gets frustrating when people here condemn anyone that doesn't enjoy doing every single quest in the game. it isn't WRONG to skip quests. i do as many quests as it takes to get me to the next planet (and obviously all of my class quests) - not all of us are perfectionists who like run all over the world killing "X" number of mobs.

i enjoy my class story, i like the companion's back stories - i even like doing flashpoints, but it's too time consuming to find groups. different people like different things.

Some of the bonus series on Fleets are bugged. I for example had to pass on the first quest in the Alderaan Imperial bonus series quest chain and go directly to the Thul princeling on Alderaan to get the second part from him. Edited by Rouge

Some of the bonus series on Fleets are bugged. I for example had to pass on the first quest in the Alderaan Imperial bonus series quest chain and go directly to the Thul princeling on Alderaan to get the second part from him.

I've had to do that with 100% of my Republic characters. You sort of have to know there's a bonus series available to get the series.