PvP Merc Bodyguard augments?

WonderBoxer

I am not sure which is best augment for Bodyguard (healing) for PvP.

I have read that its favorable to go for Aim (Reflex) augments for PvE, but I am not sure if the same applies to PvP.

I currently have Power (Overkill) augments and was wondering if I should switch them for Aim (Relfex)

Any thoughts?

i prefer aim over power, as aim adds to both power AND crit, at just a slightly decreased rate than those specific stats themselves.

i would generally recommend augmenting aim regardless of whether you were playing healing or damage specs

I would recommend going with Crit/Surge. If you have a decent amount of WH gear and are planning on getting the Elite War Hero, you'll have more than enough Aim as a Medic. Aim after around 1.8-1.9k there are major diminishing returns that make stacking the stat not worth it in the end. If you start collection Crit and Surge as a Medic, you'll get very large heals and more often also.

Aim will come naturally with the WH armor.

I would recommend going with Crit/Surge. If you have a decent amount of WH gear and are planning on getting the Elite War Hero, you'll have more than enough Aim as a Medic. Aim after around 1.8-1.9k there are major diminishing returns that make stacking the stat not worth it in the end. If you start collection Crit and Surge as a Medic, you'll get very large heals and more often also.

Aim will come naturally with the WH armor.

there are no diminishing returns on main-stat bonuses or power.

there are however major diminishing returns on crit/surge

there are no diminishing returns on main-stat bonuses or power.

there are however major diminishing returns on crit/surge

I had no idea, honestly. I use Aim myself, but I figured there was a diminishing return effect on it. Aim would be a good thing to stack then, but I still might throw in one or two a Crit/Surge Aug's to make sure you get to the 400~ mark for the Diminishing returns, since even if you have Full War Hero gear, you only get 256 Crit and 212 Surge total. (That's running a full War Hero Combat Medic) Not sure how much War Hero gear, nor what type he has, but in order to get the full effect I would at least put 1-2 in there to max out your Crit/Surge. The rest will be filled in by the Aim you get.

If you have 400+ at the end of getting all geared out, just take it out and replace it with an aim. Shouldn't cost too much.

I had no idea, honestly. I use Aim myself, but I figured there was a diminishing return effect on it. Aim would be a good thing to stack then, but I still might throw in one or two a Crit/Surge Aug's to make sure you get to the 400~ mark for the Diminishing returns, since even if you have Full War Hero gear, you only get 256 Crit and 212 Surge total. (That's running a full War Hero Combat Medic) Not sure how much War Hero gear, nor what type he has, but in order to get the full effect I would at least put 1-2 in there to max out your Crit/Surge. The rest will be filled in by the Aim you get.

If you have 400+ at the end of getting all geared out, just take it out and replace it with an aim. Shouldn't cost too much.

i think it was nerfed down to ~350 for both of them, but youre right.

get surge to 75%, crit to ~30%, then stack power and aim.

Thanks for the great tips, im currently at 300 surge rating which gives me about 75%, 442 crit rating which gives me 42% tech crit chance (with all the talent buffs) so now im just focusing on aim.

This is all in battlemaster gear too, im waiting for tuesday to get full War Hero and start reitemizing, but I now I know what to do.

I really like playing as merc heals, but I definitely think we need all the min/maxing help we can get because its a hard class to play

Edited by WonderBoxer