Fix for Gunnery/Arsenal PvP

Nijraw

Here are a few things that will fix Gunnery/Arsenal in PvP.

1. Grav Round/Tracer Missile should be moved up the tree.

2. Grav Round/Tracer Missile (only) should be castable while moving.

3. Heatseeker Missile/Demolition Round should reduce the movement speed of the target by 30% for 10 seconds.

why moved up into the tree?

make it even lamer to lvl up as gunn/arse?

and cast while moving? dumb and dumber

Keep it from the other specs, might create some balance issues if lets say a hybrid healer casting movable Tracer Missiles, better to be safe the sorry, if there is one thing I have found is players are very clever if there is a exploit or a overpowered spec/item they will use it.

Cast while moving makes sense for the class, they are using guns, also many games past,present and future use a moving cast system, Vanguard, WoW's hunter, Gw2 to name a few.

Gunner/Arsenal do there damage purely from hard casting and is the reason players choose Pyro/AP for PvP, being able to do damage while moving is key to the strength of a class in PvP, not only that this will help there DPS in PvE where you have boss fights where you have to stay on the move.

Edited by Nijraw

• 2 weeks later...
Keep it from the other specs, might create some balance issues if lets say a hybrid healer casting movable Tracer Missiles, better to be safe the sorry, if there is one thing I have found is players are very clever if there is a exploit or a overpowered spec/item they will use it.

or.... keep tracer missile in the same spot and make the movable tracer missile perk up higher. why on earth would you move tracer missile up higher lol. and you clearly dont know who to play if you go hybrid merc. i mean, the healing tree is hardly viable in pvp let alone the other 2 specs for mercs.

Edited by thatPERSON

or.... keep tracer missile in the same spot and make the movable tracer missile perk up higher. why on earth would you move tracer missile up higher lol. and you clearly dont know who to play if you go hybrid merc. i mean, the healing tree is hardly viable in pvp let alone the other 2 specs for mercs.

Yeah they could do that, tie the movable casting talent up higher.

I feel this would work well and not overpowered as an enemy can still interrupt the cast, but at the same time giving the Merc/Commando better mechanics both in PvP & PvE.

There is no such thing as a healer hybrid unfortunately. And why on earth would you want to keep an ability away from other Mercs? You think Pyro Mercs or Hybrid Mercs (lol) are over powered?

Pyro Merc needs instant cast power shots. Casting on the move isn't in the game so its more likely to be instant cast.

It goes against most every fiber in my being to post this, but casting while moving is a horrible suggestion. It really fixes absolutely nothing with gunney/arsenal and would be harder to program than you think, just because it would have to rework the whole mechanic of casting.

There are other threads that have better suggestions than this. This is not a fix, this isn't even worthwhile.

It goes against most every fiber in my being to post this, but casting while moving is a horrible suggestion. It really fixes absolutely nothing with gunney/arsenal and would be harder to program than you think, just because it would have to rework the whole mechanic of casting.

There are other threads that have better suggestions than this. This is not a fix, this isn't even worthwhile.

I don't know about programming but I can see your point, If it's a rewrite to the casting code then forget about it, not worth it, I thought It would be helpful seeing as this is how Gw2 handles there casting, all cast can be done on the move and can be interrupted and makes casting allot easier to pull off in PvP at the same time makes PvP combat more strategic.

To make the Tracer/Grav nstant would be dumb IMO as it would defeat the purpose to have those skills when they can be replaced and modified onto existing instant cast spells like Missile Blast, If they can't add movable casting for some technical reasons then they need to just make Tracer/Grav uninterruptible because those skills are the bread and butter to that classes spec, it would be like adding a cast time and locking a melee class out of all there special attacks and leaving them with nothing but there basic attack.

Another way to fix this problem is to keep Treacer/Grav the same with interruptible casting but lower the heat cost of Missile Blast and Fusion Missile to 16 heat/2 Ammo, also make Fusion Missile an instant cast on a 15/20 second cool down to match that of the skill Cauterize/Rupture that the Sent/Mara have, which is essentially the same spell minus the cast time and longer cool down.