Worst PvP ever in a mmo?

Zilliztra

Seriously the pvp in this game is so pathetically bad.

To much stun, to slow gameplay.

Way TOO Much stun... I'm not sure what mean about slow gameplay? If you mean having to hit your cc breaker button 3 times for it to go off or hitting your big heal button on a teammate dying and it never goes off, and just gives you a global cooldown thus a 3 sec cast turns into a 7 second cast...then your right. That is totally unacceptable IMO.

Edited by Lejune

Seriously the pvp in this game is so pathetically bad.

To much stun, to slow gameplay.

I agree about too much CC being around in this game, but i do enjoy the warzones.

What game has good "warzone style" pvp then, according to you?

It could be much worse. Lookup Perfect World Entertainment.

People here complain about PvP and PvE gear being separate. Over there it is the same gear. People here complain about the gear gap between recruit and war hero. Over there the gear gap between a fresh level 100 and a full refined geared out player is astonishing. Over there $12,000 will buy you the top-of-the-line gear which allows you to solo destroy 10-15 fresh level 100's simultaneously.

People complain about stuns here, over there a 2.5 second stun is huge because classes drop 40,000+ HP hits. Guess what? Every class has a stun.

All the idiots complaining about how bad PvP is here don't understand a thing. With free-to-play here, it is only a matter of time before SWTOR is sold to perfect world entertainment which is king at milking games.

Edited by Yeochins

The worst PvP in an mmo ive played is RIFT; no question there.

The worst game performance in pvp in an mmo SWTOR.

The worst CC fest also SWTOR

good balance between RPG and PvP, SWTOR. The gear progression isnt bad, its cool to become more powerfull

with a toon cause you played a lot; from a RPG/my char point of view. I love GW2 PvP for the pure skill/personal build thing; but when i want to "become the most powerfull sith" i play SWTOR.

BUT THERE IS NO FREEKING PVP CONTENT!!! GW2 has already more "Warzones"; performance is perfect and WvWvW....but it aint Star Wars...

ive found my middle playing both.

The worst PvP in an mmo ive played is RIFT; no question there.

The worst game performance in pvp in an mmo SWTOR.

The worst CC fest also SWTOR

good balance between RPG and PvP, SWTOR. The gear progression isnt bad, its cool to become more powerfull

with a toon cause you played a lot; from a RPG/my char point of view. I love GW2 PvP for the pure skill/personal build thing; but when i want to "become the most powerfull sith" i play SWTOR.

BUT THERE IS NO FREEKING PVP CONTENT!!! GW2 has already more "Warzones"; performance is perfect and WvWvW....but it aint Star Wars...

ive found my middle playing both.

What skill do you use at GW2. You got 10 active skill + the weapon swap. Remove the heal (Potion) and elite. Lol you got like 8 active skill. Most of the time you stuck to cast autoattack because you wait for your cooldown. GW2 is for casual dude and that's the reason I stop GW2.

It could be much worse. Lookup Perfect World Entertainment.

People here complain about PvP and PvE gear being separate. Over there it is the same gear. People here complain about the gear gap between recruit and war hero. Over there the gear gap between a fresh level 100 and a full refined geared out player is astonishing. Over there $12,000 will buy you the top-of-the-line gear which allows you to solo destroy 10-15 fresh level 100's simultaneously.

People complain about stuns here, over there a 2.5 second stun is huge because classes drop 40,000+ HP hits. Guess what? Every class has a stun.

All the idiots complaining about how bad PvP is here don't understand a thing. With free-to-play here, it is only a matter of time before SWTOR is sold to perfect world entertainment which is king at milking games.

Specifically look up Jade Dynasty by PWE.

Insanely well-geared people (aka people who have spent several thousand dollars) run around with 150k-200k hp, while several abilities hit for upwards of 300k (some are even aoe), although not all classes have these abilities. 1 shot skills are totally necessary though because of the spammable pots that will completely refill your hp and resource. And the kicker is that the only way to improve your gear or buy the insane pots is to pay with real money because the items can only be obtained from the cash shop.

Bottom line is swtor pvp is not even close to the worst pvp in an mmo.

Specifically look up Jade Dynasty by PWE.

Insanely well-geared people (aka people who have spent several thousand dollars) run around with 150k-200k hp, while several abilities hit for upwards of 300k (some are even aoe), although not all classes have these abilities. 1 shot skills are totally necessary though because of the spammable pots that will completely refill your hp and resource. And the kicker is that the only way to improve your gear or buy the insane pots is to pay with real money because the items can only be obtained from the cash shop.

Bottom line is swtor pvp is not even close to the worst pvp in an mmo.

Well said. The armchair analysts on this forum have next to no perspective.

What skill do you use at GW2. You got 10 active skill + the weapon swap. Remove the heal (Potion) and elite. Lol you got like 8 active skill. Most of the time you stuck to cast autoattack because you wait for your cooldown. GW2 is for casual dude and that's the reason I stop GW2.

are you kidding me?!?!!??!

i hated gw2 but ANY good pvp player will tell you that gw2 pvp requires ALOT more skill then msot mmos outthere...its not a matter of the number of skills..its jsut the way the sistem is built...the dodges...the interrupts..etc

SWTOR?!?! swtor must be at the bottom of any mmo pvp...worst fluid sistem..worst ability delay lag...the bigges homogenization among classes...the least pvp depth possible..SWTOR IS the pinacle of CASUAL PVP...lol, *** are you talking about srsly..

edit: and i agree with the op, even though is till ahve fun in this game, pvp here isnt that good and requires clsoe to no skill whatsoever...plus, time played is rewarded..not skill...the worst player can have the ebst gear and tittles becaus ehe is 14 years old and has alot of time to play...

Edited by filipesantana

are you kidding me?!?!!??!

i hated gw2 but ANY good pvp player will tell you that gw2 pvp requires ALOT more skill then msot mmos outthere...its not a matter of the number of skills..its jsut the way the sistem is built...the dodges...the interrupts..etc

SWTOR?!?! swtor must be at the bottom of any mmo pvp...worst fluid sistem..worst ability delay lag...the bigges homogenization among classes...the least pvp depth possible..SWTOR IS the pinacle of CASUAL PVP...lol, *** are you talking about srsly..

edit: and i agree with the op, even though is till ahve fun in this game, pvp here isnt that good and requires clsoe to no skill whatsoever...plus, time played is rewarded..not skill...the worst player can have the ebst gear and tittles becaus ehe is 14 years old and has alot of time to play...

LOL at GW2 skills.

I was in the TA and I played with and against the best guild in this game . WvW speaking. In WvWvW it's how you control the mass. Personnal skills from each is important, but the Macro management of the people is the difference.

sPvP speaking for GW2. Yeah you can dodge, but you got less than half the active skill then SWTOR or WOW. You have to choose a build that can counter certain class, or a build that is more bursty or more condition, bla bla bla. That's the difference with SWTOR. In SWTOR you get all the active ability (Almost all depend fo your build) and what make the difference between a good PvPer SWTOR is how you use your skill to counter your opponent. You are not limited to 2 weapon (5 + 5) and few crappy utility.

The main difference is you have to restrain yourself in GW2 to few ability and skills and live with it independly what you will face. Sometimes your build will be the best against something, but the worst against something else. However, in SWTOR, you have a lot of skills to choose. but the way you will use it and the way you are reacting to your opponent is making the difference. You can take 5 sage with the same build, but they will play each different.

The gamespeed in SWTOR is faster than GW2 too.

When I came back to SWTOR few weeks back, I was so rusty, because I played GW2 for few month. I don't say SWTOR is the best PvP mmo of all time, but it's definitely not the worst.