Fix commandos/mercs before 1.6 (suggestions)

Essence_of_Light

I made a thread a while ago with a small rant and some suggestions for fixing mercs and commandos/making them better. If you want to check it out go ahead and it would really help to get all the Dev's attention. Thanks!

Click on this to go to the Thread i made about suggestion to make Commandos/Mercs viable for PvP again

I was about to start reading your link until my eyes wandered to about #4 on your list i think it was, where you suggested commandos get some sort of invisibility. Thats about the point in which i closed the window and stopped reading.

NO MORE INVISIBILITY in this game. Its a game mechanic that ruins MMOs, especially for PVP.

NO

I've highlighted some of your ridiculous (albeit creative) recommendations:

3. Mine Field - Four hovering mines surround you and anyone who enters within 10 meters of you blows up one mine that does moderate damage and gives you a buff for reduced damage taken by 1% for 10 seconds.

4. Smoke Grenade - Makes you unable to be seen through the smoke for 5 seconds

6. Crippling Kick - You kick up to 4 targets around you rooting them for 5 seconds, breaks on damage after the first 3 seconds

7. Riot Droid- You call down a riot droid that drops down in front of you and takes 50% of all damage inflicting on you for 10 seconds

I think CRIPPLING KICK made me ROFL outloud the longest. What are we? Ninja Commandos?

That aside, yeah commando needs some serious help. It lacks any form of 'Run' to get away from opponents, they broke the stock strike knockback, and commando doesn't have any Snares (aside from reactive ones for 2 seconds on full-auto or the knock-back). Its no wonder they can't get away from melee classes.

Devs did a horrible job making merc/commando

Edited by SOULCASTER

I was about to start reading your link until my eyes wandered to about #4 on your list i think it was, where you suggested commandos get some sort of invisibility. Thats about the point in which i closed the window and stopped reading.

NO MORE INVISIBILITY in this game. Its a game mechanic that ruins MMOs, especially for PVP.

NO

I've highlighted some of your ridiculous (albeit creative) recommendations:

I think CRIPPLING KICK made me ROFL outloud the longest. What are we? Ninja Commandos?

That aside, yeah commando needs some serious help. It lacks any form of 'Run' to get away from opponents, they broke the stock strike knockback, and commando doesn't have any Snares (aside from reactive ones for 2 seconds on full-auto or the knock-back). Its no wonder they can't get away from melee classes.

Well, since you don't like ninja commandos (lol) i changed the name "Crippling Kick" to "Crippling Blast". As for the rest, I appreciate your feedback and comment. As for the smoke grenade, I was thinking in my mind that you were only invisible in the radius in which you threw/shot the smoke grenade and not anywhere else. Thx for the comment, but next time please comment on the thread I linked. ;)

When did they make these mistakes? Because none of them really apply to healing as a commando in endgame. I've done gunnery but (1) it was in medic black hole gear and (2) I only do it for dailies, so obviously I can't judge the spec (much less assault tactics) thanks to my lack of experience.

I mean, we healers have our weaknesses (we're ****ed if multiple people need healing at once, or at least we are a lot of the time - we could use a bit more strength there to be truly viable for raid healing), but we're very well-balanced and can be extremely valuable to a PvP or PvE team when played well. Extremely.