Switching Armour Sets

FrogSkin

I have just recently returned to SWTOR and wanted to know is there an easy way to switch what armour set your wearing other than manually dragging and dropping the armour from your avatar to your inventory?

Second question while at it, do people bother to have PvE and PvP sets of armour? Having only PvPed in this game I decided to come back and give the end game PvE a go. Therefore I am assuming my fully augmented Battle Master gear is well out dated and useless in PvE?

I appreciate the feedback.

Also, if I do need a PvE set, whats the easiest/quickest to getting one other than purchasing it as I dont have the coin?

Also, if I do need a PvE set, whats the easiest/quickest to getting one other than purchasing it as I dont have the coin?
lots of info... hope it's helpful and not super overwhelming.

here's a breakdown of the appropriate levels of PVP vs PVE gear:

centurion (no longer available) > tionese

champion (no longer available) > columi / exotech

battle master > rakata

war hero > campaign / black hole

elite war hero > dread guard / hazmat

exotech, black hole, and hazmat are the way level mods but without set bonus

basically what you'll want to do is get some tionese / columi / rakata as you can for the set bonuses, then try to get as much black hole gear as you can with black hole comms.

you can also purchase campaign armorings with the set bonus attached

the normal sequence is story mode flashpoints (4 man) > hard mode flashpoints > story mode ops (8 or 16man) > hard mode ops > nightmare mode ops

there are also separate tiers of ops:

tier 1: story mode eternity vault (EV) and karagga's palace (KP)

tier 2: hard mode / nightmare EV / KP, story mode explosive conflict (EC, also called denova) and terror from beyond (TFB)

tier 3: hard mode EC

tier 4: hard mode TFB, nightmare EC

with full battlemaster, you should be able to do tier 1 ops, where you can get columi / exotech gear

with the group finder, you can queue up with a group and get 30 columi commendations and 5 black hole comms. you can do this twice a week (just don't do both ops on the say day)

you can also queue up for flashpoints and get 5 black hole comms. you can do this every day, and it is by far the best way to get black hole comms over time. you can also get tionese / columi gear

there is a weekly quest hard mode EV / KP and any level difficulty of EC / TFB

the weekly for EV / KP just requires killing the second boss of either operation (jarg & sorno, OR gharj). you get 10 black hole comms, 30 daily comms

weekly for EC requires killing the second boss (firebrand and stormcaller). it gives 15 black hole comms and 10 daily comms

TFB weekly also requires killing second boss (dread guards). you get 20 black hole comms and 10 daily comms

hard mode TFB and hard mode or nightmare mode EC gives 5 black hole comms per boss

best way is to amass as much black hole comms as you can and start purchasing black hole gear. it will not have a set bonus, but you can put it into tionese/columi/rakata to keep the bonus OR you can purchase the campaign armorings directly which have the set bonuses attached

as you start doing EC and TFB, you'll have a chance to win molecular stabilizers and synthetic energy matrix

try to get as many molecular stabilizers as you can. these can be used to craft any level 61 / 63 gear (between 2-8 stabilizers per piece, depending on the item)

synthetic energy matrix is useful, but don't go out of your way to get them as they're fairly easy to get and you don't need that much. they're use to craft 61/63 armorings, hilts, barrels, implants, earpieces, and relics. and you only ever need 2 matrix cubes

you can also RE any crappy mods / enhancements you get from black hole gear and get stabilizers and matrix cubes

Honestly, you're better off wearing Battlemaster for pve than you are using Tionese. That gear is pretty terrible, set bonus or no.

Yeah I noticed that last night. I went and checked the PvE vendors out.

Did my first hard mode flash point (Maelstrom Prison) last night and got my first piece of Columi gear (belt).

Honestly, you're better off wearing Battlemaster for pve than you are using Tionese. That gear is pretty terrible, set bonus or no.

getting the tionese gear is for the shell, not the mods.

the pve set bonuses are a lot better than the pvp