Paid Service: Advanced Class Change

CaptainBlackout

Title really says it all. There would probably be some upset people who have leveled up both advanced classes of a base class (i.e. Assassin/Sorcerer of Inquisitor), but honestly this would be a really hot seller. Bioware would be stupid not to put this in.

Out of my 8 characters I'm fairly happy with all my choices, but I'd probably change my Jedi Shadow to a Jedi Sage in a heartbeat.

Let me be clear: This would only be possible to basically undo the choice you made at level 10. It wouldn't allow drastic changes like Jedi Sage -> Vanguard, nor am I recommending a faction change. Story continuity would be ruined. (Though built-in betrayal quests would be an awesome addition for future expansions).

I think that someone posted a recent interview where a developer expressed a willingness to, if not the fact that they are already working on a way to, allow advance class swaps. I would just wonder if this would be a one-time paid service or if it could be done multiple times.

1) Why not just reroll? If you get to lvl 12 and decide you don't want to be a healer after all... it takes a few hours to reroll and get back to lvl 12 again.

2) Why not make another alt, and level it up to 12? Then see which you want to keep?

Advanced class is far more than just a respec. You're talking about clicking a button and changing from a Paladin into a Mage.

Especially at higher levels, people will swap, and suddenly discover they have no idea how to play their new class.

1) Why not just reroll? If you get to lvl 12 and decide you don't want to be a healer after all... it takes a few hours to reroll and get back to lvl 12 again.

2) Why not make another alt, and level it up to 12? Then see which you want to keep?

Advanced class is far more than just a respec. You're talking about clicking a button and changing from a Paladin into a Mage.

Especially at higher levels, people will swap, and suddenly discover they have no idea how to play their new class.

yeah, but what if it takes until lvl 30 to realize that you're not really digging the way this class plays. And no, you're not talking about changing a paladin into a mage. more like changing a paladin into a cleric, or a basic knight, or a black mage into a white mage.

This is something I support, but only if it has limitations regarding frequency. Like, not more than once per month of something. To force people to learn what they just chose, and to limit people switching back and forth from one WZ to the next, or with field respec, mid WZ.

Given that Advanced Class abilities are in their own section of the abilities window, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.

Just a matter of resetting skills, cycling through all advanced class abilities and removing them (buffs as well), unequipping no-longer-usable items, then switch the class itself. That should automatically start displaying all the new skills for the character at the trainer.

1. Only getting an Advanced Class to level 12 doesnt tell you a lot about it which then leads to:

2. Say you level a Sorcerer to level 30 and figure that you dont really like Range/healing and you want to change to assassin and tank. you would then need to go through 30 levels of exactly the same content to change that to an Assassin. This game is all about story. Sitting through another 30 levels of the same story., which you would skip through most of only selecting the DS/LS choices you want, would make this game very boring and feel like a drag. The Option to change at the current point in your story would be great.

Like, If WoW had the same AC system swtor has, Every RACE has a different starting point so you wouldnt have to drag yourself through the same content. You could pick a human caster, Then either Mage/Warlock/Priest/shaman etc at level 10. If you didnt like the choice you made you could then re-roll to say a Night Elf Caster and make a Warlock or mage And have a playthrough completly different.

The only option we have in Tor is to switch sides Republic-Imp or vice versa for that AC change with a different story, But then lose the Guild on the Republic/Imperial side and friends who dont wanna change. MMO's are supposed to be about freedom and choice and changes. Now you can make a Light side assassin aposed to your current dark side sorcerer but nothing really changes, just some minor dialog here and there but its mostly the same. NOW if say A Zabrak inquisitor had a Different story/starting area than say a Human inquistor, This wouldnt be needed. But its not the case. There is a total of 8 storys but as soon as you pick your side you are locked down to 4. Which honestly ISNT enough for an MMO. Yes this is a fully voiced MMO but again, if i had the choice of a Fully voiced/cinematic story with only 4 story options to 8 different classes compared to wow where you can take a Character from one starting area to the next and do that story line. Then based on that alone i would pick wow.

AC's should have never happened. What should have happened was you had a Different story to a Different class. E.G an Assassins story SHOULD be different to a Sorcerer's story. Same thing with Juggernaut/Mara Sniper/Operative.

thats my 2cents

• 3 weeks later...