Nerf Mara’s no more?

RogueNights

Does anyone else feel that the dominance of maras in pvp is over? or is coming to an end? Maybe its just me? Dont get me wrong, the class is overall still a good class, one carnage marauder definitely still has its place on any team (which is more than alot of classes can say)... however..... I feel like rage and annihilation maras are completely dominated by rage jugs now..

Whenever I’m on my healer I find myself wishing incredibly often that a mara on my team was a jug. I don’t currently play either class at 50, from my impression they are roughly equal offensively (in reality depends on who you talk to, its *fairly* close tho), however defensively there is not really any comparison. Yeah mara’s have a some misc defensive utility from their cds that jugs don’t have… when it comes down to it though, healer + jug dps has serious staying power for guarding an objective, and healer + mara does not. And to top it off.. jugs are also the indisputable kings of hutball, the only wz that does not come down to objective guarding..

Anyone play both? What value can non carnage mara dps add that jugs can't also add/add more of?

An equally skilled and geared rage mara vs rage jug. The mara will win because of vanish and gbtf

Not necessarily true. Camo only works if you get your enemy below 30%, or need to ensure heals (which rage doesn't have). Gbtf is easily countered through a stun. Juggs simply have to channel the entire force choke, and execute.

Juggs will also be able to have more control over the fight with force push. Additionally if the Jugg is using soresu, the Mara or sentinel rage/focus player will definitely lose. Gbtf and UR are easily negated through a single stun. But a warzone medpac coupled with endure pain (or whatever the fake health thing is called) will shoot the juggernaut up significantly, part of it permanent part of it 15 seconds long. Mind you this is only for rage, anni and watchman would have no issue because they can stay in the fight longer with heals. Carnage can also beat the Jugg down if and only if the juggernaut doesn't stop him as soon as he ravages.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Not necessarily true. Camo only works if you get your enemy below 30%, or need to ensure heals (which rage doesn't have). Gbtf is easily countered through a stun. Juggs simply have to channel the entire force choke, and execute.

Juggs will also be able to have more control over the fight with force push. Additionally if the Jugg is using soresu, the Mara or sentinel rage/focus player will definitely lose. Gbtf and UR are easily negated through a single stun. But a warzone medpac coupled with endure pain (or whatever the fake health thing is called) will shoot the juggernaut up significantly, part of it permanent part of it 15 seconds long. Mind you this is only for rage, anni and watchman would have no issue because they can stay in the fight longer with heals. Carnage can also beat the Jugg down if and only if the juggernaut doesn't stop him as soon as he ravages.

Yeah but its a long cd on force push and if i use it the mara will insantly camo, problary make me miss my smash and he will hit his smash. but anyways, it wont rly do much in a 1v1 duel

The jugg and mara will dish up exactly the same dmg and they have the same stuns and mezzes

Until they are both low on hp and then it all comes down to vanish and gbtf

In a 1v1 duel u get closer to win if ur in soresu but the vanish and gbtf is just a to significant game changer to be able to deal with.

Edited by Zeaza

Rage juggs are good, but better than annihilation? Lol not at all. Rage Jugg vs rage Mara though, probably.

Annihilation? You really think so?

The only thing it's good for is guarding nodes and harassing healers I feel like. Against a good guild in rated they'll nerf that DOT damage QUICK! I think it's the least viable spec for marauders in rated.

And to the OP... yes and no... I think the attention has been drawn away from them... and now it's focused on a spec and not a class. Not only that but many classes are in a better place all around and closer to equal. A few things need to be addressed such as sorc bubble (back to mezz), rage spec (debatable but I think it could get toned down just a notch) and of course... Mercs need some serious love.

Marauders really haven't changed much... but I feel like other specs have been brought closer to the same level. On top of that I think because of all the FOTM rollers it makes the class look not quite as pretty as it is. And again on top of that... because there are so many of them people have adapted and listened to what many were preaching and finally learned to counter them probably. I think it took some adjustment time since they are one of the tougher classes to counter IMO.

Yeah but its a long cd on force push and if i use it the mara will insantly camo, problary make me miss my smash and he will hit his smash. but anyways, it wont rly do much in a 1v1 duel

The jugg and mara will dish up exactly the same dmg and they have the same stuns and mezzes

Until they are both low on hp and then it all comes down to vanish and gbtf

In a 1v1 duel u get closer to win if ur in soresu but the vanish and gbtf is just a to significant game changer to be able to deal with.

Yes. U lose! :D

Does anyone else feel that the dominance of maras in pvp is over? or is coming to an end? Maybe its just me? Dont get me wrong, the class is overall still a good class, one carnage marauder definitely still has its place on any team (which is more than alot of classes can say)... however..... I feel like rage and annihilation maras are completely dominated by rage jugs now..

Whenever I’m on my healer I find myself wishing incredibly often that a mara on my team was a jug. I don’t currently play either class at 50, from my impression they are roughly equal offensively (in reality depends on who you talk to, its *fairly* close tho), however defensively there is not really any comparison. Yeah mara’s have a some misc defensive utility from their cds that jugs don’t have… when it comes down to it though, healer + jug dps has serious staying power for guarding an objective, and healer + mara does not. And to top it off.. jugs are also the indisputable kings of hutball, the only wz that does not come down to objective guarding..

Anyone play both? What value can non carnage mara dps add that jugs can't also add/add more of?

So what your really saying is you have a rage spec murader and you don't want it nerfed. What's the best way of avoiding this? Lets make it look like the Juggs need the nerf, but not the muraders.