Question about WH DPS stats

RGimeldo

Hi all

I play a Gunnery Commando in The Bastion server (valor rank 76, skills 3/32/6). Despite all the comments in the forum Im really satisfied with this class, most of the time Im in the top 3 damage in warzones, very high damage output, good survivality against other classes and mid survivality against smash monkeys, etc etc.

My gear is almost full WH except for the relics and the EliteWH main and offhand, at this moment I have enough commendations to buy any of those but I have some questions about the stats of those parts...

Both relics (WH Relic of Boundless Ages) take out all the Critical Rating and Surge (of the BM Relics) rating replacing it with Power. I understand Power increases the damage output of all skills, and the other two buff critical hits and their rating of succed. Same thing happens with the EliteWH stuff, removes Surge and puts Power/Accuracy.

*Maybe Im really wrong* but I believe this makes Gunnery lower its DPS, since all of our kick *** skills make the big difference only if they crit like:

GR (1k to 3k) DemoRd (from 1,5 up to 6k), HIB (1k to 5k), FAuto (3k to 9k!!)

even SStr and the StGr can add nice damage to your rotation if they crit.

I wanted to now your opinions on this, and how did you resolve this situation on your Commandos (if anyone had done something about it)

Thanks in advance for your advices, english isnt my mother language and may be very sloppy :p

You need to optimize your gear.

It sounds like you are just using the stock slotted mods and enhancements.

Yes, all my gear has its default mods, I think now Ill start optimizing stuff... Im not very sure how to do it though.

Right now Im aiming to buy Combat Tech's Gauntles, which will give me:

+53 Surge (-53 Accuracy)

+27 Crit Rating

And a little decrease on Aim/Endurance but I think with an Advanced Reflex Augment 22 will be ok...

Just a couple of figures I noted when I was swapping some crystals around this morning:

With 1286 expertise I have a 23.89% damage boost on players.

With 1327 expertise I have a 24.42% damage boost on players.

So around the 1300 mark, 41 points of expertise gives just over half a percent (0.53%) more damage.

So whats your bonus dmg then? I have half bm/wh gear with augments but i cant get 5k hit medal so far :X

Go after unshielded light armour.

5k is no big deal anyway, I'm sure my spec is incapable of 5k+ hits on anything more than PVE geared players in light armour but on the other hand I can land about 4 hits of 3k+ in a few seconds on someone in PVP gear.

After 8 medals it's all irrelevant anyway.

Well as Assault on light armour I can get slightly over 4k crit and on heavy about 3.6.

But all these things depend on how much you stack power and surge.

Stack it to the roof, you'll crit harder.

But commando has no guaranteed crit talents or increased crit skills so stacking surge without crit isn't beneficial.

Well as Assault on light armour I can get slightly over 4k crit and on heavy about 3.6.

But all these things depend on how much you stack power and surge.

Stack it to the roof, you'll crit harder.

But commando has no guaranteed crit talents or increased crit skills so stacking surge without crit isn't beneficial.

Thats my point... right now my stats are

Accuracy: 93,67%

Crit Chance: 40,68%

Surge: 79,96%

HP: 20342

This is without Elite WH main/offhand and without WH Relics, and using Combat Tech's Gauntles.

I havent found another way to keep upgrading my gear (or min/max how some people say) without decreasing my Critical Chance... Also I dont know if the armor set bonus will be screwed if I mix mods from different sets in one piece of gear.

according to your stats i think itsd safe to say you can drop about 5% of your crit rating. 30% crit before the smuggler buffe is almost ideal for all classes will bring you to 35% with the buff(few exceptions). If you buy (i think) the War hero Eliminator boots, i believe they have the mods, and enhancements you'll want ot replace them with.(high power mod, and power surge enhancement) As far as the crit/surge relic you were talking about i kept my battlemaster crit surge relic, that and my earpiece i believe are the only 2 pieces with crit on it.(but, i am a powertech so 33% crit is good enough for me)