A question about F2P and my characters

GlassToTheArson

So, if for whatever reason, I miss a payment, and get dropped to preferred status, does that mean that in the near future, I will lose 7 of my 9 toons? From what I've read, that's what it's sounding like, what with F2P and preferred players only getting two character slots.

I have to say, I have stuck with this game through everything, but if I were lose the majority of my toons over dropping to preferred, I would cancel sub in a heart beat and never look back. ( Can't believe I just became " that guy." )

If you don't pay, they'll freeze your sub and you'll be on preferred status with only a couple of toons. If you start paying again, they'll unfreeze your sub and you'll get the other toons back. In other words, if you don't pay your bills, you won't get the service until you start paying the bills again. Actually, you even get a reduced service (preferred status) without paying the bills, so where's the problem? Edited by Cretinus

Though there is this:

This is what has been stated in the Q&A:

LOWTHOR: What happens if all the characters I have already created while subscribed (before Free-to-Play announcement) are now restricted species?

Damion Schubert: Your characters will not be deleted and you CAN still use those characters in the active slots you have as a Free-to-Play member.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-free-play-edition

Edited by Avatarless

If you are on preferred status, one of the things you can do instead of the monthly subscription, is buy more character slots and then you will have access to more of your characters. The default though is only 2 characters, and you will get a pop up box when you log in, asking you to select which two characters you want, while the others will become unplayable. Edited by isorfidia

If u have 10 toons you can access all of them but if you delete one, you can't create one again....

That means, if u have less then 10 toons and more then 2 when ur sub expires you can't create later a new one even in preferred status...

If u have 10 toons you can access all of them but if you delete one, you can't create one again....

That means, if u have less then 10 toons and more then 2 when ur sub expires you can't create later a new one even in preferred status...

Nope, you can use 2 of the 10. Two active slots with f2p and preferred. According to Q&A you can use characters with your "active" slots. I'm guessing you will get to pick which 2.

If you are on preferred status, one of the things you can do instead of the monthly subscription, is buy more character slots and then you will have access to more of your characters. The default though is only 2 characters, and you will get a pop up box when you log in, asking you to select which two characters you want, while the others will become unplayable.

Last I checked there's no additional character slot purchase as of yet. Did that change in the last 2 weeks?

Nope, you can use 2 of the 10. Two active slots with f2p and preferred. According to Q&A you can use characters with your "active" slots. I'm guessing you will get to pick which 2.

Last I checked there's no additional character slot purchase as of yet. Did that change in the last 2 weeks?

In the latest Q&A, they told that you can use any of your 10 character for preferred Status...

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/22165-free-to-play-questions-answered

I interpret the following, for the near feature u can use all of your 10 chars which might change on the future....

Ripster: There is a welcome screen that lists a benefit of subscribing as 10 additional slots. Will this mean subscribers will have 22 or that F2P will have 2?

Blaine: Great question and we want to make sure we’re clear on this one. Subscribers will still have 12 character slots available on a single server. F2P players will have 2 (as will Preferred). At Launch, we are not enforcing the penalty on subscribers who convert to Free-to-Play, but we will in a subsequent patch. A further wrinkle is that if you have more than two and you delete characters at Launch, you will not get that slot back. Example: I have 10 characters as a subscriber this November, but in December I cancel my subscription. When I login, I can still use all 10 characters (for now), but I cannot create new ones and if I delete one, I will have 9 and not be able to create another until I go down to 1. Make sense?