PVP choice

Oomeht

Was wondering Guard sounds like alot of fun but im a big pvp fan is guard viable dps wise or only good for tanking like huttball. At the same time is sent viable in pvp i would assume so i haven't seen many complaints on the forums been looking around and didnt really see much regarding what im asking any umput is welcome only lvl 3 so got time before the choice is made back after a long break sense launch so im pretty much in the dark

There are a lot of complaints in the pvp forums that sents and guardians are _too_ good in pvp right now (mostly sents, but guardian whines have picked up since the changes to the focus tree). Most of the complainers are trolls/idiots or trying to get attention drawn to an unrelated but gimpy spec in another class, but I haven't seen anyone say either class is weak in pvp at the moment and I would probably argue with someone that posted it.

Sentinels are usually better than dps guardians in 1v1 fights but guardians have a bit more burst, control and they have taunting/guarding abilities (awesome in group play).

For damage/dps, focus is the fotm tree (that both guardians and sentinels have access to) but combat sentinels are arguably a little better in many situations. Watchman is also good but not as spectacular and it fizzles when up against cleanse spammers. And lastly, while I've seen it used well, I feel that the vigilance tree isn't very good; then again I've never liked that spec much except for one middle-tier ability.

Edited by Savej

And lastly, while I've seen it used well, I feel that the vigilance tree isn't very good; then again I've never liked that spec much except for one middle-tier ability.

^ You must be joking, right? yeah, I would hate to not be CC'd for 8 Seconds of a fight. Because when a VIg Guardian leaps 98% of players are .. umm. ... not so bright and us every CC at their hand. Which does nothing whilst they continue to get beat on. Vig spec is the most consistent DPS from what I've played. Especially if you are stacking the right stats. Lets alone the instant CD of MasterStrike.