"Daily" idea for SWTOR

Asturias

Everyone hates doing dailies because they become repetitive but what if BioWARE implemented a system that created random dailies to complete.

Example: Create planet random dailies with only 1 per day to complete (Chain quest) and the pay off would be like completing all dailies on a single planet.

If your a Imperial agent you would report to Imperial Intelligence on Dromand Kaas for your random daily. Your mission is to head to "Insert Planet here" seek out clues to find a turn coat and kill him/her or capture (Light side/Dark side points could be applied here). You could have one random daily per planet and only one could be completed per day. So when ever you pick up your daily quest for the day it is something new. I understand that after you have completed all planets once you will know the story but its the randomness of not knowing what your mission is for the day, which I think would keep the dailies fresh and new instead of getting burnt out.

I believe there are multiple avenue that BioWARE can implement new ideas for dailies because of Planet travel and I believe this would also get people to travel to old planets and make the world more alive because there is now reason to travel there.

/discuss

Edited by Asturias

Everyone hates doing dailies because they become repetitive but what if BioWARE implemented a system that created random dailies to complete.

Example: Create planet random dailies with only 1 per day to complete (Chain quest) and the pay off would be like completing all dailies on a single planet.

If your a Imperial agent you would report to Imperial Intelligence on Dromand Kaas for your random daily. Your mission is to head to "Insert Planet here" seek out clues to find a turn coat and kill him/her or capture (Light side/Dark side points could be applied here). You could have one random daily per planet and only one could be completed per day. So when ever you pick up your daily quest for the day it is something new. I understand that after you have completed all planets once you will know the story but its the randomness of not knowing what your mission is for the day, which I think would keep the dailies fresh and new instead of getting burnt out.

I believe there are multiple avenue that BioWARE can implement new ideas for dailies because of Planet travel and I believe this would also get people to travel to old planets and make the world more alive because there is now reason to travel there.

/discuss

I think it's an idea BW likely considered in the development process, class-specific endgame content, but for some reason passed on. Perhaps they didn't have enough time to implement ideas like these (remember the "Death Star" process of cutting content as release approched?), or it just wasn't practical in their eyes.

The game would be much better off if your class had something unique to still do at 50, as you've suggested. Simply having level 50 content areas on most of the planets would go a long way to making endgame more interesting. It's unfortunate the new daily area was added on Belsavis, even if required for the HK and overall story.

I'd like to see level 50 areas on Hoth, Tatooine, Voss, Taris, etc. All really well made and distinctive planets, not used at all after a few levels.

Poor design.

Edited by arunav

daily class quest have been suggested before. That doesn´t make it a bad idea, i think it would be a nice way to keep people in touch with their class "master" aka the one who kept sending you on quests while you were leveling.

Also, if each companon had a daily quest and you had a random companon quest each day too. Companon quest could give companon comendations or whatever you would call them. Those would be for new looks for companons and a few armor sets and maybe a relic with a lot of pressense or something. I would like a butler and maid set for jorgen and elara.

daily class quest have been suggested before. That doesn´t make it a bad idea, i think it would be a nice way to keep people in touch with their class "master" aka the one who kept sending you on quests while you were leveling.

Also, if each companon had a daily quest and you had a random companon quest each day too. Companon quest could give companon comendations or whatever you would call them. Those would be for new looks for companons and a few armor sets and maybe a relic with a lot of pressense or something. I would like a butler and maid set for jorgen and elara.

I like the idea.

/discuss

fantastic idea. +1 dailies bore the **** out of me. i hate them, they are just NO FUN! :( but id gladly do you're idea :)

I think it's already in the works. I remember reading an interview with one of the developers (can't remember which one lol) That a future content update will be Bounty Hunter Daily missions, you have to bring in/ kill random criminals or targets across the galaxy.

I for one can't wait :D

Heck it wouldn't have to be class specific even. Just a sort of random generated daily quests would go a long way. If they added the step of first randomly deciding which planet to pull the dailies from and then randomly drawing from that planet's pool of dailies all the better. It would at least mask the repetitiveness somewhat.

It'll be nice to see for sure. I might be able to talk myself into doing dailies if they did that. I just can't do them. Not even once a week for the BH comms. At least change the weekly to have us do different planets instead of the same one.