add a channel time to /stuck

Thoop

i have to assume that /stuck is currently being used in ways unintended during warzones. I propose adding a six or seven second cast time to the skill that is interruptable. About roughly equal to the time it takes to run across the civil war map.

killing yourself should never be faster than walking across the map, this could be war zone only skill but i don't see it effecting players in a pve environment who are indeed "stuck" to have to channel the skill

because the reason is is there is for when you toon is hung in the environment and cannot move a lot of the time this puts you in a sort of looping falling and you cannot cast quick travel or fleet pass because the server thinks your moving, adding a channel would break what / stuck was mean for.

Instead of this suggestion, I would like to see /stuck work when you are falling/moving. Often times I'm stuck inside an object and it tells me I am moving, even if still. I'm pretty sure the game thinks I'm falling, or on uneven ground, or something. It's insta-cast, so why not?

i have to assume that /stuck is currently being used in ways unintended during warzones.

...You assume. What? Did you grab your topic idea out of a [censored]ing hat?

You ASSUME this is what people are doing? Don't come at me with assuming, come at me with some evidence or something, you're not selling me with this half assery.

you guys don't play warzones do you?

if you are legitimately stuck in the pve environment there is no reason to have an "instant" suicide command. There is an auto stuck feature already in game for getting stuck falling if you didn't know, which makes the suicide command even more unnecessary.

you need to cast /stuck while falling? really. as a way to avoid a death to misadventure, that's your own fault and you should take the rez, it's a game.

...You assume. What? Did you grab your topic idea out of a [censored]ing hat?

You ASSUME this is what people are doing? Don't come at me with assuming, come at me with some evidence or something, you're not selling me with this half assery.

d-bag of the week award, thanks for your insightful contribution here is some further reading for your enjoyment

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=549589

Instead of this suggestion, I would like to see /stuck work when you are falling/moving. Often times I'm stuck inside an object and it tells me I am moving, even if still. I'm pretty sure the game thinks I'm falling, or on uneven ground, or something. It's insta-cast, so why not?

sit down then do a /stuck, should work. there is an auto stuck function that will kick in and move you if your falling in place for a time.

using /stuck in warzones to move faster than a person can travel on foot is my beef

sit down then do a /stuck, should work. there is an auto stuck function that will kick in and move you if your falling in place for a time.

To me, that's just the /stuck command that automatically happens when you first get stuck, it's the same command and if it had a cast it wouldn't be usable not automatically nor when falling inside objects.

What about making it unusable at all inside Warzones? Apart from the roofs of Novare Coast, back when it was release, and the doors of Void Star (that would trap people passing through where the broken doors spawn after a detonation), I haven't noticed any major issue requiring /stuck to be solved inside Warzones. And in the event something like that happens, you could always ask a Sage/Sorcerer to pull you, or leap to an ally if you're Guardian/Juggernaut or to an enemy in case of Knight/Warrior (and since most situations requiring /stuck occour after a leap, most of those that get stuck can free themselves without using the command at all). Of course, if there's none in the team that can pull you, you can't leap and no enemy kills you, then you'd need to type /stuck... But it'd be such a rare case I think removing the command from Warzones could be the easiest way to address this issue.

I apologize for the contort stream of thoughts.