Opt-Out GroupFinder

Floix

This just came to my mind, when i saw the whole fleet asking for people to add themselves to the group finder. I think this is a pretty good idea, if you don't want to spend to much time waiting for the group finder to pop up, but why are people not listed while they add themselves immediately when somebody is asking them?

One of the major reasons, at least for me, to play an MMO is to play with other people. The group finder helps a lot to do this, but most the time i'm not listed, just because i don't spend attention to it. Might be good idea to change the group finder mechanics from an opt-in mechanism, to an opt-out. This would mean, when you are on the fleet, not listed for warzones oder in an active group you are automatically listed in the group finder with your latest settings. You can actively sign out of the group finder or sign out when a group pops up.

I think this would lead to more group finder success stories and a better mmo experience in total. What's your opinion about that?

It wouldn't force you in it would just add you to the list by default. The game does not suck you in now. It has a mechanic requiring you to respond... you would just have to select don't use it and it could reset on logout etc. then they could be a little more lenient with timing for groups and other things in the background mechanics for increased nos when people pop in. Would make it revolve around more inputs etc. Some people may go cool I want to do this even though I didn't think of it and play. Lots of people my try stuff they wouldn't other wise merely because they don't think of it. More diversity practically in all players day. Edited by Aital

hmm... I think it could be annoying. You log in with your dps and probably nothing happens, but you do with your tank or healer, and before you even get the chance to say hi to your guildies, bang... group finder match, which you'll decline... maybe you just logged in to send your companions on missions.... again, another pop, another decline. it could be annoying for tank/healers, and frustrating for the others, since the numbers of declines would be a lot higher. Edited by wainot-keel

just make it so 5 min after logged on the game ask you "do you want to join groupfinder" and we can press yes or no. I dont like the idea of auto signups, but a checkbox i wouldn´t mind. Let it pop up after a certain amount of time idling.

Maybe add a checkbox "ask me again in xx min." type thing.

I like this idea quite a lot, presuming that the ready-check dialogue is changed to "Ready" and "Exit queue for now"

It would honestly be kind of neat to log in and have the game present me with a potential group--and there would almost always be one ready. But yea, the ability to un-queue needs to be right there in the prompt so that I don't get repeatedly spammed with group attempts every few minutes.