Let us buy more weapon options

Godlymuppet

I would love it if they let us spend Cartel Coins to but additional wepon options for the non force users.

Like let Mercs buy the use of blaster rifles and assault cannons, Gunslingers buy the use of sniper rifles and Vanguards buy pistols, powertechs buy blaster rifles. The animations are already in game so would be aesy to add and would make some cash to add a nice bit of visual variety.

Its a bit boring that all smugglers and bountly hunters can only use pistols.

It might even help to improve class balance as i mostly come across force users.

So your only comment is they dont have an animation for one move, not its a good idea or i dont like it. Can i see your grammar police badge please?

The weapons are iconic to the classes, and the abilities are mapped to the weapon types. That discussion has been done to death.

The weapons are iconic to the classes, and the abilities are mapped to the weapon types. That discussion has been done to death.

Horray! Someone who gets it!

I would love it if they let us spend Cartel Coins to but additional wepon options for the non force users.

Like let Mercs buy the use of blaster rifles and assault cannons, Gunslingers buy the use of sniper rifles and Vanguards buy pistols, powertechs buy blaster rifles. The animations are already in game so would be aesy to add and would make some cash to add a nice bit of visual variety.

Its a bit boring that all smugglers and bountly hunters can only use pistols.

It might even help to improve class balance as i mostly come across force users.

What you are suggesting makes about as much sense to me as Gambit using Elektra's Sais, or allowing Colossus the use of adamantium claws.

Edited by AboB

And it's still an unneeded restriction, so bringing it up again is good. We desperately need more variety in the game and more weapon choices are a way to let us play the characters we imagined.

What you are suggesting makes about as much sense to me as Gambit using Elektra's Sais, or allowing Colossus the use of adamantium claws.

Giving a powertech rifles makes about as much sense as Boba Fett using a rifle.

Wait. He use an EE-3 carbine. How about Aurra Sing? Nope, she used a rifle, too. Zuckuss? Nope--rifle. Bossk? IG-88? Damn. It seems the only Bounty Hunters I can find the used pistols exclusively are Jango Fett and Cad Bane. In fact, going through the bounty hunters in Star Wars lore, the "iconic bounty hunter" uses a rifle.

See, your comics analogies are flawed. Comic book characters can change and shift powers around over time. For example, Colossus is the Juggernaut now. Cyclops, for a short time, held the Phoenix Force. Gambit using Elektra's sai? Why not? Charge 'em up and throw 'em. Should make for a big boom, though the lady might take exception to losing her sai.

Really? ALL bounty hunters fight only with pistols? Someone better tell Boba Fett he's doing it wrong.

ALL Troopers use either a blaster rifle or a cannon. Yes, apart from the ones who don't, like Rex in the Clone Wars and all the trooper npc in this game that you see using pistols and vibroswords.

ALL Smugglers only ever use pistols. Good job Han never, at any point in any of the movies, tries to use only of those Stormtrooper rifles then ... oh wait

Edited by Kahotep

Really? ALL bounty hunters fight only with pistols? Someone better tell Boba Fett he's doing it wrong.

ALL Troopers use either a blaster rifle or a cannon. Yes, apart from the ones who don't, like Rex in the Clone Wars and all the trooper npc in this game that you see using pistols and vibroswords.

ALL Smugglers only ever use pistols. Good job Han never, at any point in any of the movies, tries to use only of those Stormtrooper rifles then ... oh wait

This iis exaxtly how I see it. Many people are turned off by certain weapons, i must admit i did not really like the idea of playing a bounty hunter, as i felt pistols were a bit meh, for someone in such heavy armor. Wasnt too keen on GS but that really does grow on you, still cowboys can and do use rifles, so they should be able to do both. I had a 50 commando and got rid of it, due to the god awfull assault cannon (I would have kept it, if they had any nice cannons like the one from aliens), since if i used a rifle i lost a few abilities.

There may be a few animations that they need to work on, but so what, the game needs a bit more veriety, after all thats what the mod system is for for customisation, then they go and say you have to use the same weapon type always.

Besides im not sugesting doing it for free, im sugesting charge for it and make those of us that want it, pay for it. If you want to stick to iconic (laughable by the way, BOBBA FETT!!) weapons, then you wouldnt have to spend any money.

So your only comment is they dont have an animation for one move, not its a good idea or i dont like it. Can i see your grammar police badge please?

My point is that you are wrong. The animations are not, in fact, already in the game. Death from above is just the most obvious example, but you can pretty much pick any ability with a special animation... which is most of them.

Thus, this idea becomes "not easy to add".

I wasn't attempting to comment on whether or not I like it. I was just pointing out your initial "hey, this is easy to do, so just do it" assumption was inherently flawed, which seemed to be one of the cornerstones of your suggestion.

I would like some more choice in weapon options, like using a sniper rifle on my gunslinger, or pistols on a commando.

But if they add some new weapons i'd like to see some sort of energy throwing bow for snipers, make it look all high tech and star warsy.

Some weapons should always be restricted in some way, even though I really want them to open up weapon restrictions in general. Sniper rifles, assault cannons and lightsabers (see below) all require special training to use effectively, so they need to stay largely as they are.

Things I'd really like:

Blaster rifles for Bounty Hunter

Blaster pistol for Trooper and Agent

Electrostaff working for all Shadow/Assassin skills in the same way Sentinel/Marauder can use two vibroblades

Free choice of saber-style for all Jedi/Sith (single saber, dual-wield, saberstaff)

That alone would be sufficient to make the game feel less restricted and our characters more personal.

My point is that you are wrong. The animations are not, in fact, already in the game. Death from above is just the most obvious example, but you can pretty much pick any ability with a special animation... which is most of them.

Thus, this idea becomes "not easy to add".

I wasn't attempting to comment on whether or not I like it. I was just pointing out your initial "hey, this is easy to do, so just do it" assumption was inherently flawed, which seemed to be one of the cornerstones of your suggestion.

Death from Above would actually be pretty easy to do... just hold the rifle the same way as a powertech holds his pistol during the animation. Since the explosive darts/micro-missiles are shot from a wrist device anyway...

There are, of course, animations/attacks that would be problematic, like Mortar Volley which would look totally out of place with a pistol.

Still it is something they should look into in my opinion.

Edited by Kendaric

Giving a powertech rifles makes about as much sense as Boba Fett using a rifle.

Wait. He use an EE-3 carbine. How about Aurra Sing? Nope, she used a rifle, too. Zuckuss? Nope--rifle. Bossk? IG-88? Damn. It seems the only Bounty Hunters I can find the used pistols exclusively are Jango Fett and Cad Bane. In fact, going through the bounty hunters in Star Wars lore, the "iconic bounty hunter" uses a rifle.

Blah blah, don't care. In the Old Republic and Pre-GCW, the iconic bounty hunters were Jango Fett and Cad Bane. They were ambidextrious pistoleeros.

Free choice of saber-style for all Jedi/Sith (single saber, dual-wield, saberstaff)

Problem with that are most/some of the Abilities requires either wielding 1 Lightsaber, Dual-wielding or wielding a Doublebladed Lightsaber. I think that it is the same with some of the other Abilities of the other Classes.

Problem with that are most/some of the Abilities requires either wielding 1 Lightsaber, Dual-wielding or wielding a Doublebladed Lightsaber. I think that it is the same with some of the other Abilities of the other Classes.

I suspect that wouldn't be too hard to change though. The funny thing is that sentinels/marauders already can use all of their attacks, including those stating "Requires two lightsabers", with vibroswords.

At least among the knights/warriors the animations seem to be completely exchangable for the most part anyway (e.g. "Overhead Slash" (guardian) is the single saber variant of one the sentinel's attacks, etc.). The only problem would be the saberstaff, as that thing has completely different animations from the normal lightsabers.

I suspect that wouldn't be too hard to change though. The funny thing is that sentinels/marauders already can use all of their attacks, including those stating "Requires two lightsabers", with vibroswords.

At least among the knights/warriors the animations seem to be completely exchangable for the most part anyway (e.g. "Overhead Slash" (guardian) is the single saber variant of one the sentinel's attacks, etc.). The only problem would be the saberstaff, as that thing has completely different animations from the normal lightsabers.

This doesn't work with assassins/shadows. Knights/Warriors' abilities are truly interchangable whether it's a vibrosword or lightsaber, but assassins *need* to have a double-bladed saber for their techniques. An electrostaff cannot be used for a majority of melee moves.

Edited by RazielHex

With the Legacy system in place. Weapon cross class could be implemented there. After all some force abilities are able to be used with non-force classes and vise versa.

Now I do believe that using cross class weapons should have some serious de-buffs to decrease accuracy, speed, and damage due to not being fully trained in such an item. Unless you use Heroic Moment which is on a 5 minute CD, (I think it is 5 min). The damage type associated with this weapon should only be white damage.

Blah blah, don't care. In the Old Republic and Pre-GCW, the iconic bounty hunters were Jango Fett and Cad Bane. They were ambidextrious pistoleeros.

Now forgive me if I am somehow mistaken, but i dont think Jango Fet was around in the era of the old republic. Since that is Bobba's clones father from ep2.

Also i may be mistaken also but dont a huge crap ton of the in game npc bounty hunters use blaster rifles. Also bounty hunters get a smuggler companin that uses a blater rifle or sniper rifle. so there are npcs all over the game that dont have these silly restrictions.

Some animations will need work but if its a premium feature, well gosh darn, it pays for itself.

weapon options is 1 thing... (as I've found a few Aim sniper rifles... I don't think ANY class that uses Aim (Trooper/BH) can use a sniper rifle anyway... )

but weapon models is another...

I'd rather have MORE options for the in-game weapons... Mass Effect had a TON of really amazing looking rifles and pistols as well as some (albeit ugly) shotguns (scatterguns) why not just bring in the same designer again for some new weapons in the game?

Also bounty hunters get a smuggler companin that uses a blater rifle or sniper rifle. so there are npcs all over the game that dont have these silly restrictions.

Gault Rennow is not a smuggler. He's a con-man. Well, a Con-Devaronian.

Tyresius Lokai was a smuggler. But he, of course, is killed.

Gault Rennow is not a smuggler. He's a con-man. Well, a Con-Devaronian.

Tyresius Lokai was a smuggler. But he, of course, is killed.

Aye, cause the Companion Classes aren't the same as the Player Classes. Gault's a con artist while Skadge is a current/former Black Sun's "Soldier/Enforcer".

In fact, I think that there is only one Companion that I think has a Class that could be considered the same as a Player's Class like Torian Cadera, a Companion of the Bounty Hunter cause technically I think that he could be considered a Bounty Hunter... I think, I could be wrong on him though.

But that's neither here nor there. But like I said previously, some of the Abilities require either a specific Weapon (or substitution) or a specific number of Weapons.

Sentinels/Mauraders while can use their abilities regardless of wielding 2 Lightsabers, 2 Vibroswords (or whatever) or a Lightsaber and a Vibrosword (or whatever), as long as they are wielding 2 bladed weapons that they have the ability to wield, they can and their abilities (tmk) will work. But if the Sentinel only decided on equipping a single Lightsaber (or whatever) then some of their abilities are (tmk) unusable. Plus as was mentioned, certain weapon types (Assault Cannons (aka BFG's) & Sniper Rifles technically require specialized Training or whatever.

And honestly, before being able to use other types of weapons, I would wish that some of the other Off-Handed weapons were shown more often on our Players for example the Vibro Daggers of the Agent's or the Shotguns of the Scoundrels. As it would really be nice if the Scoundrel Smuggler could not only see the Pistol (Main Weapon) but also saw the Shotgun they had equipped in the off-hand slot full time and not just when certain abilities were activated.

Also, technically "Death from Above" isn't really the best "Ability" to use in this regard since you fire Missiles from the gauntlets and not the Pistols. Plus, as far as the Sniper Rifles with Aim are concerned, I would actually think that Aric Jorgan (Trooper's Companion) would be able to use them since before being to Havoc Squad on Ord Mantell he had earned a spot in the Republic's top Sniper's Squad, so on that and him using Aim as his primary Stat, I would think that he'd would be able to use Aim Stated Sniper Rifles.

Edited by Altyrell