Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm shy.

SerZa

Hi Chris,

I'm not particularly shy myself, but it's very nice to meet you and I hope you have a wonderful gaming experience. The first time you play an mmorpg, it can be intimidating, but we were all there at one time or another, so just try to be patient. The majority of the community are nice, but sometimes the mean ones are a little louder. Please don't think that everyone is like that. I recommend joining a guild because there is nothing better than to see the conversation flowing by in green font while you play, whether you participate in it or not.

It finally snowed today, 2 days before Christmas, thank goodness! It would have been freakishly weird not to have snow on X-mas morning. YAY.

Happy holiday season everyone!

You're doing better than I am; 27 years and I have yet to see snow :p

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime :)

To give you a little more info on this there are gift vendors in Coruscant so I imagine they're in all major cities that sell level 1 gifts as cheap as 100 creds and they give your companion slightly over his/hers normal conversation approval affection points but I've received lvl 1 gifts that increased affection by 60 points so it's a bit of a tossup.

Also, you can give any gift to any companion but if it's not the right gift for them you'll get a "what the hell is this?" kind of answer and a heartbreaking +0 affection (especially if you just busted your butt off to get the gift from missions). Also, the type of gift showing up in red is not an indicator of whether it's the right gift for the companion you are using. Even if it is the right gift, it will still show up in red...

On a different subject, I need help from you guys in a subject...reverse engineer...so I get it, you can RE anything you create but then you can RE some gear drops but it all seems to be random...

I tried RE'ing strength/endurance gear on my armormech...didn't work so I thought, ok, it's force user gear, my synthweaver will RE it...didn't work...back on my armormech I RE a aim/endurance heavy chest armor that dropped for me a few minutes early...no problem RE'ing it...then I had another heavy chest ain/endurance gear and couldn't RE it...it's so darn random...

Has anybody managed to find a pattern here? I'd appreciate the help because I always run aroundwith full inventory until I can get to a mailbox to ship the greens to other chars just to realize none of it (save one or 2 pieces) can be RE'ed

(And holy crap, I'm already running by lvl 50's...)

Morning, all!

I'm not sure if RE has a level restriction to it (much like disenchanting did in WoW) but that sounds like maybe what you're running into here? Either that or it's a bug, you should be able to RE aim/cunning gear as an armormech.

I've gotten a few nice patterns out of RE, but it's very random and a low chance. Blues drop higher level patterns (chances for purple & orange) but I'm much to frugal to make a blue for RE only, lol.

I've gotten more patterns out of slicing than anything else. I love that skill. Now if only people would start putting crafting mats on the GTN I could invest some credits into my cybertech!

Morning, all!

I'm not sure if RE has a level restriction to it (much like disenchanting did in WoW) but that sounds like maybe what you're running into here? Either that or it's a bug, you should be able to RE aim/cunning gear as an armormech.

I've gotten a few nice patterns out of RE, but it's very random and a low chance. Blues drop higher level patterns (chances for purple & orange) but I'm much to frugal to make a blue for RE only, lol.

I've gotten more patterns out of slicing than anything else. I love that skill. Now if only people would start putting crafting mats on the GTN I could invest some credits into my cybertech!

I was crafting lvl 9 (required) and trying to RE lvl 5 so not really...I hard somebody say that you should be able to RE everything with the stats you create...but I don't know if it mean with the stats you create with the skill or what you can create right now; like I will be able to RE heavy leg items when I can create heavy leg items of my own...I'm still relatively low in the professions...seems like a huge money sink for not so profitable rewards...thinking since quest rewards are more than enough to keep me well geared I should probably level professions when I'm higher level...right now even if I get stuff with +2 something over what I'm wearing it's not worth it...

I was crafting lvl 9 (required) and trying to RE lvl 5 so not really...I hard somebody say that you should be able to RE everything with the stats you create...but I don't know if it mean with the stats you create with the skill or what you can create right now; like I will be able to RE heavy leg items when I can create heavy leg items of my own...I'm still relatively low in the professions...seems like a huge money sink for not so profitable rewards...thinking since quest rewards are more than enough to keep me well geared I should probably level professions when I'm higher level...right now even if I get stuff with +2 something over what I'm wearing it's not worth it...

I found crafting was frustrating at lower levels, although when you start to get multiple companions you'll likely find yourself making more upgrades, since you can choose ONE piece of gear from quest rewards. The benefit of REing is that you have a bit more of a self-sustaining mechanism that can really keep costs down as long as you don't go overboard on missions! (I have a few friends now who are really feeling the credit crunch. Choose cheapy missions when you have the funds available and build it up slowly!)

It's possible that RE is tied to what you've trained then. I have seen a few posts about certain items actually being immune to RE as well, although don't ask me how you'd go about telling that beforehand, lol.

I found crafting was frustrating at lower levels, although when you start to get multiple companions you'll likely find yourself making more upgrades, since you can choose ONE piece of gear from quest rewards. The benefit of REing is that you have a bit more of a self-sustaining mechanism that can really keep costs down as long as you don't go overboard on missions! (I have a few friends now who are really feeling the credit crunch. Choose cheapy missions when you have the funds available and build it up slowly!)

It's possible that RE is tied to what you've trained then. I have seen a few posts about certain items actually being immune to RE as well, although don't ask me how you'd go about telling that beforehand, lol.

Thanks Codex, you came to the rescue again! (sorry Heather, couldn't resist! :p)

I'm just thinking I'm 4 levels from being able to use my STAP and I have 3k creds to my name...I assume there's some kind of training involved (think I saw it costed 40k?)

Edited by KorvusKaar

Thanks Codex, you came to the rescue again! (sorry Heather, couldn't resist! :p)

I'm just thinking I'm 4 levels from being able to being able to use my STAP and I have 3k creds to my name...I assume there's some kind of training involved (think I saw it costed 40k?)

(LOL no problem, I'm a researcher by trade and by personality, I honestly can't stand an unanswered question)

I had a whopping 25 credits on me after training level 24 abilities, and I was able to afford the speeder training at 25 and a half after a few lucky sells on the GTN and some decent luck slicing. You get credits kinda thrown at you in the latter parts of Nar Shaada and beginning Tatooine, so I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it. I probably would have been able to afford speeder training without the lucky breaks at 25 - just on mission credits made alone - if I hadn't spent ~10K for level 24 abilities beforehand. So it's definitely attainable at level, as long as you're a bit careful with your credits.

And yes, 40K for the training. Don't forget that after that the speeder is 5-8K too. It's just your regular class trainer that you talk to, no special mount trainer. (Although special mount vendors)

I think the best way to go about it is to take the two support skills along with slicing at first.

You can use your support skills to stockpile the mats you'll need and slicing gets your recipes and cash. Then once you get to level 35-40 dump slicing and take your main crafting skill.

It just seems to me that, first time around, the work/reward benefit to crafting at low levels isn't very high.

Plus, that way you'll have a nice base to start from for crafting with alts. You could even, buy/farm mats for them with main with much greater ease.

Alpha I'm lonely too maybe I'll stop by your server and say hi

You totally should. So far, my experience with OWPvP has been nothing but positive. I know that's probably only temporary, but i had a nice little raid on raid last night on Nar Shaddaa.

Did get ganked once on Alderaan, but he just killed me while I was fighting a pack of silvers and moved on, and I was probably going to die anyway.

BW has gone so far out of its way to eliminate the "nonsense" from PvP, that I don't see what all the worry is about. Plus you having to lose when you die except a bit higher repair cost.

Honestly, I don't understand why more people don't want to experience all the game has to offer .. if at the cost of a little annoyance here and there.

Honestly, I don't understand why more people don't want to experience all the game has to offer .. if at the cost of a little annoyance here and there.

Speaking for myself, after 10 years of speanding full days in a row with OWPvP without doing so much as a quest I've had enough. Even when I DID want to quest I'd always end up dragged into more PvP. Some days I'd have 30 mins to log and quest a bit, tried to get a quest done...guess what? PvP...

I just got tired of having other people deciding for me when and where I want to PvP :)

Edited by KorvusKaar

I think the best way to go about it is to take the two support skills along with slicing at first.

You can use your support skills to stockpile the mats you'll need and slicing gets your recipes and cash. Then once you get to level 35-40 dump slicing and take your main crafting skill.

It just seems to me that, first time around, the work/reward benefit to crafting at low levels isn't very high.

Plus, that way you'll have a nice base to start from for crafting with alts. You could even, buy/farm mats for them with main with much greater ease.

I agree with the crafting overview, it does feel underpowered at low levels to RE every single thing you make in order to keep your crafting skill at level.

Have to say, I agree with KorvusKaar on the pvp philosophy though, after spending the majority of my WoW career on a pvp server...

I just got tired of having other people deciding for me when and where I want to PvP :)

Now I just want story, nothing fancy, nothing heavy. I hear warzones are a lot of fun tho. Think I'll stick to space combat when I want something new, that's a bit more my speed, lol.

You totally should. So far, my experience with OWPvP has been nothing but positive. I know that's probably only temporary, but i had a nice little raid on raid last night on Nar Shaddaa.

Did get ganked once on Alderaan, but he just killed me while I was fighting a pack of silvers and moved on, and I was probably going to die anyway.

BW has gone so far out of its way to eliminate the "nonsense" from PvP, that I don't see what all the worry is about. Plus you having to lose when you die except a bit higher repair cost.

My name is gone on your server :( This is seriously off putting. You're lucky I like you. Oh and what name should I look for when I log on?

My name is gone on your server :( This is seriously off putting. You're lucky I like you. Oh and what name should I look for when I log on?

Well FWIW I got my Legacy saved on Jung Ms so I'm going to play on Ajunta Pall for Republic. Figure I should keep the factions separate, it's west coast, and the wait is a lot less. Plus I needed a break from the EEEEVVVIILLL. I made a Gwyneira without any problems. If you'd rather join me there instead.

I'll be on Dyne so make a toon and send me a tell and I'll delete Gwyneira or something.

Oh and I'm going to be AFK a bit here and there, so you might have better luck after nine your time.

Edited by Alphasgimaone

Well FWIW I got my Legacy saved on Jung Ms so I'm going to play on Ajunta Pall for Republic. Figure I should keep the factions separate, it's west coast, and the wait is a lot less. Plus I needed a break from the EEEEVVVIILLL. I made a Gwyneira without any problems. If you'd rather join me there instead.

I'll be on Dyne so make a toon and send me a tell and I'll delete Gwyneira or something.

Oh and I'm going to be AFK a bit here and there, so you might have better luck after nine your time.

It'll be later than that when I log on. I'm Christmas shopping tonight