Vigilance PVP spec/gear/rotation ?

alkhattabi

I recently swtiched from focus to Vig so I didn't look at the gear yet, but my guess would be crit > power >surge. I hope someone who has more experience with this spec corrects me.

As for build I use this and it preforms quite well:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MZfMrRruddGRZR.2

Opener:

Saber throw -> leap -> master strike(our hardest hitting ability)

Continued with basic rotation:

Plasma Brand(if your target has sunder debuff if not then first you hit with sundering strike) -> overhead slash -> Bladestorm/dispatch if target is =>20% if not - master stike if procced then ->overhead slash to gain force rush and then dispatch(I have hit the enemy 5k+ with dispatch 2 days ago ;) ).

Overall you need to look if master strike finished it's cooldown from overhead slash and plasma brand, before hitting with bladestorm/dispatch use overhead slash to gain force rush buff and watch enemy hp for dispatch.

I love jumping into enemy lines in Vigilance and look how they blow their stuns on me :D The only problem I have with vigilance atm is that it's really easy to kite us. I mean REALLY easy. You will need to use freezing force in your rotations depending on situations.

It's not very easy to kite us if you use Freezing Force. You don't even have to spam it, really. Though a little movement speed bonus, like what other melee middle trees get would be nice instead of, say, Narrowed Focus.

I'd take Swelling Winds (instead of the nerfed-into-uselessness Gather Strength); if you take Effluence, why not make Sweep beefier and more frequent? It's a nice 2k+ filler attack every 12 seconds :) You can put the point from Narrowed Focus into Insight so all those burns will crit more reliably, making our dots slightly less pathetic.

Plasma Brand also grants Force Rush so basically, it should always be up. As for gearing: the "default" War Hero set is slightly better for Focus spec (they have to do some epic optimization anyway to get the most out of it but the set is very power-heavy, more so than Battlemaster) as the default crit chance is a little low for my liking. I'm using Might Augments, mostly; I'm standing at about 31% crit chance only atm, I'd like to take that a little higher so Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand and Master Strike can crit more reliably.

Yep freezing force helps quite a bit.

You got some nice suggestions there. I think now it would look like something like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#500MZfMrRMhddGRZrM.2

Hmm gather strength seemed like a nice talent on paper, but you're right. Bonus for the sweep is much nicer. Gonna test it out later on!

thx for the infos guys but what about the BiS gear stats am looking for

I'd say 34-35% crit chance with the Smuggler buff, 75% crit multiplier, ~100% melee accuracy. If you have this, feel free to stack Power afterwards.

Others might disagree though, I must admit it's more "intuition" and "gut feeling" than thorough parsing and number crunching.

I have almost a 2500 rating as a Vigilance Guardian. The hardest part about playing Vigilance is getting the balance of gear right and choosing the right spec. Higher crit and accuracy are overall damage boosts for a long duration fight. However, in a PVP match you want burst DPS. To accomplish this my stats buffed and stimmed are as follows:

Str-1920

Pwr-890

Acc-98%

Cri-31.5%

Sur-76.5%

Exp-1288

HP-19k almost even

Spec: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/guardian#22-7kddie8e2f-12

With this setup, my opening burst of Master Strike into Overhead Slash will usually do 10-12k damage in 3 seconds on fully WH targets. I have seen up to 16k when I get all crits. This doesn't include the damage from saber throw or leap, as I don't count those as part of the burst.

Outside of your burst phase, do whatever you can to stay on target and do lots of damage. If it is a fight you expect to finish quickly, don't prioritize Plasma Brand for anything other than resetting master strike. If you believe the fight will last a bit, make Plasma Brand one of your first attacks (after burst sequence, if available.) Freezing Force is the best snare in the game and is incredibly useful if you can snare large groups. You can use Push and Stasis offensively. Push on Master Strike reset or stasis after you get all three burns on target. This will keep you in control of the fight. It is incredibly difficult to for anyone to recover from your 8 seconds of Unremitting and the Vindicator damage bonus. However, you should never use Push or Stasis unless you need to offensively or defensively. If you can win a fight without it, do so and save those abilities for when you need them.

I have almost a 2500 rating as a Vigilance Guardian. The hardest part about playing Vigilance is getting the balance of gear right and choosing the right spec. Higher crit and accuracy are overall damage boosts for a long duration fight. However, in a PVP match you want burst DPS. To accomplish this my stats buffed and stimmed are as follows:

Str-1920

Pwr-890

Acc-98%

Cri-31.5%

Sur-76.5%

Exp-1288

HP-19k almost even

With this setup, my opening burst of Master Strike into Overhead Slash will usually do 10-12k damage in 3 seconds on fully WH targets. I have seen up to 16k when I get all crits. This doesn't include the damage from saber throw or leap, as I don't count those as part of the burst.

Outside of your burst phase, do whatever you can to stay on target and do lots of damage. If it is a fight you expect to finish quickly, don't prioritize Plasma Brand for anything other than resetting master strike. If you believe the fight will last a bit, make Plasma Brand one of your first attacks (after burst sequence, if available.) Freezing Force is the best snare in the game and is incredibly useful if you can snare large groups. You can use Push and Stasis offensively. Push on Master Strike reset or stasis after you get all three burns on target. This will keep you in control of the fight. It is incredibly difficult to for anyone to recover from your 8 seconds of Unremitting and the Vindicator damage bonus. However, you should never use Push or Stasis unless you need to offensively or defensively. If you can win a fight without it, do so and save those abilities for when you need them.

I just have to ask, what is the highest rating team on Fatman? 2500 is cool and all, but if it is just playing against ill-formed teams, it doesn't mean that much. If your team is actually looked at with high esteem on the server for being 2500, then damn bro, gj. I just feel like like that rating thing may have to be taken into context a tinge.

That said, as far as Vig in pvp goes, I would agree. I do wish that it was a bit more viable as far as rateds go, though - to my knowledge that is.

I just have to ask, what is the highest rating team on Fatman? 2500 is cool and all, but if it is just playing against ill-formed teams, it doesn't mean that much. If your team is actually looked at with high esteem on the server for being 2500, then damn bro, gj. I just feel like like that rating thing may have to be taken into context a tinge.

That said, as far as Vig in pvp goes, I would agree. I do wish that it was a bit more viable as far as rateds go, though - to my knowledge that is.

High-end rateds slowed down about a month or so before the server merges on the Fatman (now part of Prop 5.) However, the quality of rated teams when my team was playing was quite high, and I haven't really seen too much since the mergers to make me think that I was just playing crappy teams. I earned my rank.

Well specced, geared, and played Vigilance Guardians make one of the best target callers in the game due to front loaded, un-CCable burst.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Str-1920

Pwr-890

Acc-98%

Cri-31.5%

Sur-76.5%

Exp-1288

HP-19k almost even

thx for u info

as far as stats i came up with this (let me know if i can improve something)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/196e651e-7368-42d2-84a7-a7d38a2aacc4

no idea how u got 1920 STR and i end up with 32.5% crit i might loose that 1% and add it to power then

and what do u think about this rotation i got from 1 of the posts

-Force leap (or saber throw first if i can guarantee the GCD use)

-Master Strike

-Overhead slash(or Plasma Brand if I was able to Saber Throw)

-Blade storm

-If overhead slash/Plasma Brand reset the CD of Master Strike then I force push

-Saber throw

-Leap

-Master Strike

-Plasma Brand

-Blade storm

-overhead slash

-overheadslash Reset Master Strike? = Master strike

Thank you agin

Edited by alkhattabi

thx for u info

as far as stats i came up with this (let me know if i can improve something)

no idea how u got 1920 STR and i end up with 32.5% crit i might loose that 1% and add it to power then

That's very close to what I have stat wise. I have a moddable belt and bracer with PVE armorings instead of trading out the crystals. I would suggest that you get moddable belt and bracer with at least the PVP armorings, which is something I've considered switching to.

and what do u think about this rotation i got from 1 of the posts

-Force leap (or saber throw first if i can guarantee the GCD use)

-Master Strike

-Overhead slash(or Plasma Brand if I was able to Saber Throw)

-Blade storm

-If overhead slash/Plasma Brand reset the CD of Master Strike then I force push

-Saber throw

-Leap

-Master Strike

-Plasma Brand

-Blade storm

-overhead slash

-overheadslash Reset Master Strike? = Master strike

Thank you agin

That's a good start. However, your priority system needs to be shifting constantly based on what's going on. In terms of an isolated fight, yes your priority system is fairly sound. In a 1v1 fight where I maintain control and the enemy isn't trying to kite then:

<NOTE: This burst rotation is a Focus negative rotation at points. Combat Focus should be used if you start the fight with no focus. However, only use it when you need to, as taking damage and being stunned also builds focus.>

Saber throw

Leap

Master Strike

Do you expect the fight to last more than 9 seconds?

<NOTE: Whatever you do needs to happen AT THE SAME TIME as the last hit of Master Strike to maximize burst.>

--Yes > Plasma Brand

--No > Is the opponent wearing heavy armor or a tank?

----Yes > Plasma Brand

----No > Overhead Slash

Blade Storm

Plasma Brand or Overhead Slash (whatever wasn't used already)

Did Master Strike reset?

--Yes > (Sundering Strike if you have a comfortable lead,) Force Push, Leap, Master Strike and start the burst rotation all over again.

--No > Sundering Strike to retain and build on sunders, Force Stasis

Because master strike didn't reset, you now need to enter a sustainable rotation using Sundering Strike as your main filler. Force Sweep in a 1v1 is a decent hit, but nothing spectacular. Save it for when Sundering Strike, Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand, and Blade Storm are all on CD. Keep prioritising Overhead Slash and Plasma Brand based on target type and expected fight duration. Obviously, Dispatch when available.

And that's just 1v1 in a fight against an opponent that you assume won't try to kite, and I only covered ideal damage rotations. There are many, many outside variables that factor into the majority of the fights that you will get into. Some examples:

Knowing when to use defensives and save Stasis or Push for defensive purposes

Knowing when to save Stasis, Push, or Awe to help with objectives or assisting team mates

Knowing when to snare and fall back (hopefully with Guardian Leap) from a losing situation

--Knowing when to Awe in conjunction when falling back (You don't want to needlessly add to resolve)

Knowing when to peel for team mates (Usually healers)

Knowing when and who to taunt, both area and single target

Knowing when to attack a DPS over a healer (Switching to a 40-60% HP DPS when on a healer who is getting cross healed is usually a safe bet)

Among others

Most of these examples take time, practice, and lots of awareness and reaction to the current situation to become proficient at.

Edited by Andrew_Past

That's very close to what I have stat wise. I have a moddable belt and bracer with PVE armorings instead of trading out the crystals. I would suggest that you get moddable belt and bracer with at least the PVP armorings, which is something I've considered switching to.

That's a good start. However, your priority system needs to be shifting constantly based on what's going on. In terms of an isolated fight, yes your priority system is fairly sound. In a 1v1 fight where I maintain control and the enemy isn't trying to kite then:

<NOTE: This burst rotation is a Focus negative rotation at points. Combat Focus should be used if you start the fight with no focus. However, only use it when you need to, as taking damage and being stunned also builds focus.>

Saber throw

Leap

Master Strike

Do you expect the fight to last more than 9 seconds?

<NOTE: Whatever you do needs to happen AT THE SAME TIME as the last hit of Master Strike to maximize burst.>

--Yes > Plasma Brand

--No > Is the opponent wearing heavy armor or a tank?

----Yes > Plasma Brand

----No > Overhead Slash

Blade Storm

Plasma Brand or Overhead Slash (whatever wasn't used already)

Did Master Strike reset?

--Yes > (Sundering Strike if you have a comfortable lead,) Force Push, Leap, Master Strike and start the burst rotation all over again.

--No > Sundering Strike to retain and build on sunders, Force Stasis

Because master strike didn't reset, you now need to enter a sustainable rotation using Sundering Strike as your main filler. Force Sweep in a 1v1 is a decent hit, but nothing spectacular. Save it for when Sundering Strike, Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand, and Blade Storm are all on CD. Keep prioritising Overhead Slash and Plasma Brand based on target type and expected fight duration. Obviously, Dispatch when available.

And that's just 1v1 in a fight against an opponent that you assume won't try to kite, and I only covered ideal damage rotations. There are many, many outside variables that factor into the majority of the fights that you will get into. Some examples:

Knowing when to use defensives and save Stasis or Push for defensive purposes

Knowing when to save Stasis, Push, or Awe to help with objectives or assisting team mates

Knowing when to snare and fall back (hopefully with Guardian Leap) from a losing situation

--Knowing when to Awe in conjunction when falling back (You don't want to needlessly add to resolve)

Knowing when to peel for team mates (Usually healers)

Knowing when and who to taunt, both area and single target

Knowing when to attack a DPS over a healer (Switching to a 40-60% HP DPS when on a healer who is getting cross healed is usually a safe bet)

Among others

Most of these examples take time, practice, and lots of awareness and reaction to the current situation to become proficient at.

thx for the info u helped me alot i ended up with this gear ill post it it might help other people like me

i could switch 10 points from crit to power and end up with 898 power and around 31.8 crit rather than the current 889 and 32.1 crit but my browser crashed but i guess 10 points wont brake it :p

Thank you again !