Merc leveling builds

TrumpetNut

I am non-stop questing while PvP queueing (I have full legacy perk) and I love healing in PvP. But questing as a healer my tank companion just can't do damage as fast as I could as a dps. Also does the amount of metal you get in warzones change the amount of exp you get? Because If it doesnt I can do a dps but otherwise healer will give me 9+ medals each warzone. Dps gives me up to 6..:confused:

So if Dps then what build? aresenal or pyro?

If there is a way to make heals work and still be able to quest fast then how?(like do I use a dps companion?)

Edited by TrumpetNut

• 2 weeks later...
I am non-stop questing while PvP queueing (I have full legacy perk) and I love healing in PvP. But questing as a healer my tank companion just can't do damage as fast as I could as a dps. Also does the amount of metal you get in warzones change the amount of exp you get? Because If it doesnt I can do a dps but otherwise healer will give me 9+ medals each warzone. Dps gives me up to 6..:confused:

So if Dps then what build? aresenal or pyro?

If there is a way to make heals work and still be able to quest fast then how?(like do I use a dps companion?)

It kind of depends on your play style, any healer i rolled i used a tank companion, basically pulled anything and everything. Some friends use a dps comp with their heals and they do just fine.

Im currently leveling a Pyro Merc (@27 Currently) and i medal cap almost every game. Personally I get alot of smack talk when people see that im Pyro compared to Arsenal but, the build works for me. Im always hearing that Arsenal is twice the dps as Pyro, but seems running FPs im pulling off the tank/being guarded or in WZs im top 5 dps.

If you have your mDPS comp yet, then that could be your "tank" just have him grab mobs, throw some AOE and heals out should be fine.

And dont let my talking of pyro influence you, try it out if you dont like the play style go Arsenal, or stay heals. One of the things that i like about SWTOR is all specs are viable for pvp/pve. Find one you enjoy and stick with it.