Transfers available in 1.5????

FourPawnBenoni

I'm still waiting, for the past 6 months, to be able to transfer all my characters to one server. They are still on two different servers. Please let me know, thanks.

ps...i would never have had to put characters on different servers if we hadn't been forced to reroll when we were on dead servers previously. I think Bioware should give us transfers, even if we have to pay for them.

I am in the same situation.

Wants 2 things when it turns free to play. And I would be willing to pay for both.

First I want a Char transfer. From a RP server to a PvE server (of my choice).

Second I want a Race change. Simple as that. I want all my chars to be the same race. To have the Legacy make sense.

/Triserpent

So many people are wanting transfers and it would bring in some nice money for Bioware but why they haven't sorted it out is beyond this galaxy.

It's called priorities. They've already said they'll be doing it, but it's not a higher priority for them right now than 1.5, the cartel market, F2P, etc. The OP is talking about a situation of having the convenience to unite all of his characters onto one server.....not transferring servers because there's no one on his server. This is not a game-breaking issue, it's a convenience issue.....for some players.

It's called priorities. They've already said they'll be doing it, but it's not a higher priority for them right now than 1.5, the cartel market, F2P, etc. The OP is talking about a situation of having the convenience to unite all of his characters onto one server.....not transferring servers because there's no one on his server. This is not a game-breaking issue, it's a convenience issue.....for some players.

Yes they did say transfers were coming....back in April.

This subject is posted daily and ignored daily.

Perhaps Bioware should rethink some priorities.

Why lock it, only 5% of the people have thes problems(this is a well known SWTOR metric (everything has only 5% of the people having problems with it).

And it keeps some of the peeps busy and not really bothering the CS dudes on the phonelines. :eek:

Let them do it in 2 phases. Allow users to have free transfer to merge all the characters they want onto one of the servers they are on. B/W can even restrict it by saying something like minimum requirements are to have a legacy on origin and destination servers. This will allow them to test the system to ensure different server type characters moved to a different server type do not cause any issues. This will not change the actual population of a server. It will also help mitigate the amount of people that would take advantage of the service. They can then look at the population of each server again. If everything works as intended, open the flood gates and allow players to pay to move to any server. Obviously if a server gets too populated B/W may want to restrict access to it.

By doing it in the phases described B/W is able to please many of its customers and not have any population issues in the beginning. Then when people want to move from one server to another they can pay for the service.

As you can see I have stated nothing about the actual name of the characters. I feel that the tools that were used in the past are sufficient for server migration. Yes that means a risk to rename your character. At this point, if you want to move you have the risk of loosing your name, imo.

The only question remaining is what happens to all that legacy experience and perks you gained on the old server. Are they moved as well and merged with the destination? For example; 300000 legacy xp and a mail droid on original server to destination server with 300000 xp and no mail droid on destination server. Would you now have 600000 legacy xp and a mail droid on the destination server? Or would it be what ever lvl is higher like they did in the testing of the new HighTech Servers...

"SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I don’t have a more concrete date just yet!"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546823

I wish they would just put out a statement on this matter. If they have and someone knows it can you post a link please.

A statement got made about it today:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=546823

SentinelDranoel: As for my question... when are we getting paid transfers?

Blaine: As soon as we possibly can. We know that this is a very important feature that the community wants and we want it too, but due to the effort of launching our new Free-to-Play option, we had to delay this just a bit longer. Sorry I don’t have a more concrete date just yet!

• 2 weeks later...