Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should have a Legacy Perk for this, it will apply just as OP said, and only for datacrons you have actually unlocked. If Bioware wanted to milk money from us, I SUPPOSE a Character Perk could work, although I would prefer an account-wide perk, or maybe a Cartel Item?

I spend two hours on the endurance datacron for Makeb, I don't want to do that three more times. I have no clue how the matrix shards could work though... But still, I do want Legacy Datacrons!

I think people throwing around the term Pay 2 Win don't really understand what it means. An item is only Pay 2 Win if it, or something of equivalent strength, power or usefulness, cannot be obtained in game in anyway.

So, if they were selling a weapon that was better than anything obtainable through game content or armor better than anything obtainable through game content, then the game would be Pay 2 Win.

Making something easier to obtain does not make a game Pay 2 Win.

Making them obtainable by not having to earn them through gameplay but making a quick cash payment is exactly pay to win. No matter how much you try to claim otherwise.

Making them obtainable by not having to earn them through gameplay but making a quick cash payment is exactly pay to win. No matter how much you try to claim otherwise.

Even if it cost credits to purchase this bonus? I mean then anyone selling the mods/armoring/enhancements pre-2.0 were supporting Pay-to-win. Face it, people are willing to spend their credits or whatever they get for CC in order to make their gaming experience better.

Jumping around getting datacrons comes at a cost, if you wanna skip that cost then get the datacrons the old fashion way. It's a win-win no matter how you look at it.

I wish there were legacy wide datacrons. It makes sense. Many mmos make things a lot easier for leveling alts, besides twinking, and this would be one way.

Also, I don't want to do that Tatooine balloon ride on all 9 of my characters.

The thing is, you don't have to. Personally I don't plan to pick up single datacron on any character but my main. It's actually very funny to watch people in this thread who cannot live without all their toons having all 69 datacrons. It will probably haunt them until they die or collect them or get them via legacy :-)

This is something that should have been implemented with the Legacy system in the first place.

Considering the time-consuming nature and low difficulty of getting the crons in the first place(I actually hunted most of mine, only looked up a few), they should absolutely be legacy-wide, as well as achievements and codex entries. There simply isn't anything fun or challenging about getting these multiple times. It's simply very time-consuming, and I would love to be able to enjoy the stat gains I already spent time on for my alts.

I laugh at the posters calling this Pay-to-Win. Just like Rocket Boost, Field mail/repair droid, and Priority Transports, this is a perk to SAVE TIME! If you don't want to save time, and enjoy getting the same datacrons 2-22 times, then don't buy the perk/CM unlock. Remember that CM stuff can be bought with credits on the GTN, so even if they charge CC for this, you'll still be able to pick it up with credits. No one is excluded, therefore it isn't P2W by any stretch of imagination.

The only people I see being against this are players who have wasted time getting the crons on all their alts and want to retain a small advantage over people that have better things to do in game.

This is something that should have been implemented with the Legacy system in the first place.

Considering the time-consuming nature and low difficulty of getting the crons in the first place(I actually hunted most of mine, only looked up a few), they should absolutely be legacy-wide, as well as achievements and codex entries. There simply isn't anything fun or challenging about getting these multiple times. It's simply very time-consuming, and I would love to be able to enjoy the stat gains I already spent time on for my alts.

I laugh at the posters calling this Pay-to-Win. Just like Rocket Boost, Field mail/repair droid, and Priority Transports, this is a perk to SAVE TIME! If you don't want to save time, and enjoy getting the same datacrons 2-22 times, then don't buy the perk/CM unlock. Remember that CM stuff can be bought with credits on the GTN, so even if they charge CC for this, you'll still be able to pick it up with credits. No one is excluded, therefore it isn't P2W by any stretch of imagination.

The only people I see being against this are players who have wasted time getting the crons on all their alts and want to retain a small advantage over people that have better things to do in game.

Quoted whole post for truth... I couldn't have said it better I had typed it myself.

I agree to this strongly

It should be 2 Perks for it,one in the Republic side and the other on the Imperial side.The Perk should be unlock the same concept as the HK-51 Perk.You would need at least one character from the Republic faction to get all the Datacrons (Except the +10) to unlock the Datacrons for every Republic character by using Cartel Coin or Credits.For the Imperial faction it would be the same thing you need at least one character from the fraction to get ALL the Datacrons(Except the +10 Datacron on the Fleet) on each planets to unlock Perk for every character in that fraction.

This would be the best way of implementing it, make the perk only available to people with all the datacrons on one character and an additional fee of credits or cartel coins unlocks the datacrons on other characters after that.

Wow.. One has to wonder why some of you play an MMO?? You will run ops or PVP over and over and over and over, to upgrade your gear.. Yet you all are going to complain about getting datacrons?? You will put out far more effert for less stats, yet complain about getting the datacrons.. I find that odd..

If you want the stats on your toon, then put out the effort and get the datacrons.. Simple as that.. If you are to bored with it then just ignore the datacrons and live without the stats..

What is next?? To bored with leveling?? Should that be legacy too?? How about running dailies?? Or Flashpoins or Ops?? How about PVP???

If you don't want to play the game.. Fine.. Don't play it.. But don't sit here and ask them to break it cause you are to lazy to play it..

:rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

/signed

Anyone who has more than 4 chars should be already bored as hell....

I have 8 characters and I am not bored with it.. It is called wanting the stats.. Kind of like leveling.. If you want to reach 55.. You got to do it.. Bored or not.. It is called playing the game.. MMO's are about doing stuff over and over and over again.. If you don't like then don't play MMO's.. It doesn't get any simpler than that.. Just because you are bored, doesn't mean you should ruin it for the rest of us..

I have 8 characters and I am not bored with it.. It is called wanting the stats.. Kind of like leveling.. If you want to reach 55.. You got to do it.. Bored or not.. It is called playing the game.. MMO's are about doing stuff over and over and over again.. If you don't like then don't play MMO's.. It doesn't get any simpler than that.. Just because you are bored, doesn't mean you should ruin it for the rest of us..

Wow, you must have really good patience and nerves to get them. This game is not suited for platforming. Everytime you have to jump on pipes it's like jump of faith (character doesn't always even jump). If the datacrons were to be behind some puzzle that needs to be solved to get them that'll be fine. And good thing you are not bored.

I even might get them when I have all characters in max gear and have nothing better to grind.

Getting to 55 is waaaaay different than hunting for datacrons.

Wow.. Look at all the lazy peeps that want stuff for free..

If you want the stats on your toon, then put out the effort and get the datacrons.. Simple as that.. If you are to bored with it then just ignore the datacrons and live without the stats..

What is next?? To bored with leveling?? Should that be legacy too?? How about running dailies?? Or Flashpoins or Ops?? Maybe valor should be legacy..

If you don't want to play the game.. Fine.. Don't play it.. But don't sit here and ask them to break it cause you are to lazy to play it..

How would this feature break the game AT ALL? This would be less game-breaking than letting level 10's have +41 stat crystals, which has already happened.

Also, lazy? Is that the best you could come up with? Should I remind you that nothing in his game requires more effort than minor finger and wrist movement? People are asking for a feature to save TIME!

Just like priority transports, level 1 sprint, legacy vehicle training, rocket boost, field mail/repair droid, field respec, quick travel reductions, and transferring raid gear to alts through legacy equipment, this is a CONVENIENCE feature that is being requested to SAVE TIME!

If you are not interested in such a feature and want to waste days of your life getting the same datacrons just to have another optimal character, you will still be free to do so. If not, THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOU AT ALL.

How would this feature break the game AT ALL? This would be less game-breaking than letting level 10's have +41 stat crystals, which has already happened.

Also, lazy? Is that the best you could come up with? Should I remind you that nothing in his game requires more effort than minor finger and wrist movement? People are asking for a feature to save TIME!

Just like priority transports, level 1 sprint, legacy vehicle training, rocket boost, field mail/repair droid, field respec, quick travel reductions, and transferring raid gear to alts through legacy equipment, this is a CONVENIENCE feature that is being requested to SAVE TIME!

If you are not interested in such a feature and want to waste days of your life getting the same datacrons just to have another optimal character, you will still be free to do so. If not, THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOU AT ALL.

It would break the game because it is a loss of content.. Using the same argument for legacy daracrons.. We can ask for legacy OP.. Or heck.. Why even level.. I am sure we are all bored of leveling.. I mean if those datacrons are so hard.. Leveling must be horrible.. Let's legacy that.. We will all just create lvl 55's..

Yes it is lazy.. Absolutely lazy.. You talk about all those conveniences that save time.. And still you want more.. How is that not lazy??? Why does everything have to be handed to you on a silver platter with no effort?? You will put more effort into trying to get a specific item to drop which has fare less stats.. It may take you weeks to get this item.. Datacrons only take a couple hours.. From start to finish..

It doesn't have to effect me.. And that is the lamest excuse in the universe..

Why not just play the game as is.. You know.. Level a character and collect the datacrons??

If you don't like it then don't play an MMO.. No hand outs for you.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

Wow, you must have really good patience and nerves to get them. This game is not suited for platforming. Everytime you have to jump on pipes it's like jump of faith (character doesn't always even jump). If the datacrons were to be behind some puzzle that needs to be solved to get them that'll be fine. And good thing you are not bored.

I even might get them when I have all characters in max gear and have nothing better to grind.

Getting to 55 is waaaaay different than hunting for datacrons.

They need to have a class on jumping.. Getting the datacrons is the easiest +30 to all stats there is.. You will never find easier stats.. Even the +10 to endurance on Makeb is easy..

What I find sad is that so many people are admitting to getting beat by the datacons.. Have any of you done the Macrobinocular heroics?? You think the datacons are bad?? Consider them practice for other things..

My best advice.. Learn to jump forward from a standing position.. Don't run and jump.. Stand in one spot and jump forward.. You can get every datacron with ease buy using that one single tactic.. Take every jump one at a time.. Running and jumping increases your chances to either jump to late, or jump to early..

No.. They do not need to be made legacy.. If people want the stats then people need to put out the effort to get them.. It is just like PVE or PVP gear.. You got to put out effort to get them.. If you don't put out the effort, then you don't get the gear.. :)

It would break the game because it is a loss of content.. Using the same argument for legacy daracrons.. We can ask for legacy OP.. Or heck.. Why even level.. I am sure we are all bored of leveling.. I mean if those datacrons are so hard.. Leveling must be horrible.. Let's legacy that.. We will all just create lvl 55's..

Yes it is lazy.. Absolutely lazy.. To lazy to play the game.. It doesn't have to effect me.. And that is the lamest excuse in the universe..

Why not just play the game as is.. You know.. Level a character and collect the datacrons??

If you don't like it then don't play an MMO.. No hand outs for you.. :rolleyes:

I overestimated your intelligence. No one is asking for hand outs. They are asking for a PAID legacy perk like all the other legacy perks that SAVE TIME. I don't care if it costs a million or ten million credits or 1000 Cartel Coins.

No one is "too lazy" to play the game(what does that even mean? Do you consider playing a game "work"?)

All the suggestions in this thread request that you must obtain the datacrons and buy a perk before they become legacy wide. NO CONTENT IS LOST. The need to repeat certain OLD content is lost. As MMOs age, launch content becomes progressively easier and quicker to access, so that people can spend more time enjoying the NEW CONTENT.

Leveling has been sped up exponentially with the exp boosts and high stat items on low level characters, to use your own analogy. Why? TO SAVE TIME! But clearly that breaks the game for you, so stop playing if you want to spend the same amount of time on your alts that you did for your main.

TL;DR - Datacrons are old. We got them already(some of us on a few characters). Now we want a perk(not a cheap one) to eliminate the need to repeat old, TEDIOUS(not difficult) content. There is new content to focus on.

You will run ops or PVP over and over and over and over, to upgrade your gear..

I run ops and pvp only because it's fun. If it gives me gear at the same time, great.

Now, is there actually someone who thinks getting the same datacrons for 22 characters is fun?

I run ops and pvp only because it's fun. If it gives me gear at the same time, great.

Now, is there actually someone who thinks getting the same datacrons for 22 characters is fun?

Thank you for summing up my argument in three sentences. Maybe the halfwits rioting against this will actually comprehend your post.

They need to have a class on jumping..

No, they need a game reliably programmed for jumping.

The coding on this game from the interface to the packet sending to the servers is well documented as being sub par. The result, the developers make the newer jumping content easier.

Just one play through of the Macrobinocular storyline shows that the platforming has been cleaned and made far more reliable in those sections. They have designed around the bad code.

This is a tiny part of content that is simply frustrating and not fun, so an alternative for the repeat playing through on it is not an unreasonable request that you make it out to be, any more than asking for a barber shop rather than releveling a character of the same class to have the new look.

This isn't legacy leveling, this isn't legacy ops, it is just legacy unlock on a small troublesome already played through content feature that is broken on a large amount of players systems. We are not asking for something for free, just an alternative method to earn the broken ones we have suffered through already multiple times.

Wow.. One has to wonder why some of you play an MMO?? You will run ops or PVP over and over and over and over, to upgrade your gear.. Yet you all are going to complain about getting datacrons?? You will put out far more effert for less stats, yet complain about getting the datacrons.. I find that odd..

What is next?? To bored with leveling?? Should that be legacy too?? How about running dailies?? Or Flashpoins or Ops?? How about PVP???

Reported, and I would suggest everyone do the same to this guy for his repeated mockery of anyone in support of this idea... The changes pointed out in this topic don't concern you. You have repeatedly been explained that fact yet you want to dictate your rule over a very good idea. You are clearly trolling and double posting the same crap for months now in this topic. Please move on and stop calling people lazy and being a complete douchebag to everyone.

Reported, and I would suggest everyone do the same to this guy for his repeated mockery of anyone in support of this idea... The changes pointed out in this topic don't concern you. You have repeatedly been explained that fact yet you want to dictate your rule over a very good idea. You are clearly trolling and double posting the same crap for months now in this topic. Please move on and stop calling people lazy and being a complete douchebag to everyone.

I honestly have Majik on ignore, he's trolled more than this thread, and he will troll many more to come. I think he opposes anything like this or roleplayer's suggestions so EA focuses and giving him more PVP stuff. Just ignore him and be done with it, it'll be better that way.

Edited by Kuronan
Realized who he was quoting

Actually, levelling up via cartel purchases could be an option. You can level up in Age of Conan without actually playing the game. If BioWare get wind of that idea it'll probably be appearing here soon too.