Companions 101: Kira Carsen

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Kira, I really have a hard time warming to her because she is so iconoclastic, and I tend to play Jedi who understand, respect and follow the Jedi Code. So her personality tends to strike my characters as an indication that she needs more focus, maturity, discipline et cetera.

I don't feel this is a flaw in the way the companion is written. Quite the opposite – her personality is consistent and sufficiently prominent for my characters to react to it. A strictly by-the-book Jedi companion would probably strike most players as dull, and in any case that territory is already claimed by Elara Dorne (who I look forward to reading more about in the future).

When bringing her on missions, you might want to keep in mind that because to her it’s okay to break pesky outdated rules. Also remember this doesn’t mean she will be happy if you slaughter an entire village.

I know this first hand :(

I love you, Kira, but don't try to change me.

My favorite Kira moment happened because of scripting silliness. Around the fifth time the droid told me he had to make adjustments to the food replicators because my companions were "growing a bit thick" I went to Kira (the only human companion) and told the screen, "Oi, Jedi Badonkadonk! The droid says carbs are the enemy!" I think I just depressed her because the droid kept going on about her eating disorder. I tried buying her a custom appearance but that didn't seem to help either. I'm starting to wonder if he's just calling her fat to drive her off the ship so he'll have less laundry to do.

Why do so many people want Quinn? He was one of my least favorites, I'd rather see Vette.

When you play a male Sith warrior Quinn is kinda boring, particularly compared to the other warrior companions who are pretty interesting . The romance arc with Malavai Quinn is however rather unique and incredibly well written. I really enjoyed his romance arc more then probably any of the other male characters you can romance (that I've played). He really struggles with his desires and what he feels is his obligations and his personal code of conduct of which he adheres to very strictly.

Quinn can come across as boring because of his strict adherence of his personal code. What makes him very interesting is when he is push to break it. Both Kira and Nadia don't have a problem breaking the jedi code when it comes to romance and don't really feel any anxiety because of it so it's not something you see with them. Yes they know they are breaking the rules but they are kind of like "The hell with the rules! I love you!". Quinn, who is ironically not a jedi and doesn't have any official rules against romancing a sith, is incredibly torn and some what tortured by his attraction to the female sith warrior.

When I finally got Quinn to have a relationship with me I felt like I really had to work for it. I had been flirting with him since I got him and was getting no where. Plus his reactions to your flirt options are hilarious and adorable.

Favorite Kira line?

On Hoth, IIRC (it's been a LONG time, so this isn't word for word):

Kira Carson (IIRC, unofficially my wife at this point) in regards to a dark side controlled jedi master who had seduced another jedi to get him to help her.

Jedi Master to paramour: Fool, I've only shown you the merest taste of what true passion is.

Kira Carson: Then you're obviously doing it wrong.

(Kinda wonder how many JK's actually see that line. It's an obvious lead in to a boss battle, and 90% of JK's are probably using the healer (Doc) at that point.) I routinely cycled through most of my companions for chats, escaping out when it looked like the actual fight was imminent, so I could see as many of their lines as possible)

So far, probably my favorite line in the game.

On Kira, I really have a hard time warming to her because she is so iconoclastic, and I tend to play Jedi who understand, respect and follow the Jedi Code. So her personality tends to strike my characters as an indication that she needs more focus, maturity, discipline et cetera.

I don't feel this is a flaw in the way the companion is written. Quite the opposite – her personality is consistent and sufficiently prominent for my characters to react to it. A strictly by-the-book Jedi companion would probably strike most players as dull, and in any case that territory is already claimed by Elara Dorne (who I look forward to reading more about in the future).

Not getting all spoiler on you but you obviously didn't have the final convo with Kira. Just sayin'.

Kira Carsen: If this were fanfic, she'd be called a Mary Sue.

And if you'rep laying a female Jedi Knight, get used to playing second fiddle to your companion as the story turns out to be entirely about her. You're just along for the ride.

Putting my word in for the Quinn article. Easily the best and most interesting companion in the game, and one of the few that I actually cared about.

Edited by Deadborder

She is witty, snarky, not overly obsessed with rules and she gives as good as she gets. Really whats not to like :D

Honestly my fave moment is when i met her, She was this brat that would give me this urge to slap her... i hated her. But as time went on i grew to like her more and more. So to me that first meeting allways sticks in my mind, I can imagine fondly asking her "What ever happend to that pain in the *** girl I met on tython?" just as much as i can imagine her fond yet sarcy reply.

For the next companion i would like either Jeasa, Vette or Nadia..... they all have some really epic moments that just amazed me.

My favourite Kira moment was when she was captured...

My least favourite moment was when I wasn't given an option to leave her there...

Sorry but of all my companions across my characters she is my least favourite

Hm, I vote for Mako as a next companion for review from the Empire.

P.S.: And I would like to propose to moderators to create a pull in this thread, so we could vote for the companions we wish to see in the next review. That would also be convenient for us (players) to see what companion have the most votes. Of course you would have to reset the pull every week and remove a companions that was already reviewed. Also it would be nice if you would keep the history of the voting (for example as grayed out option of the pull with number of votes shown).

I absolutely love Kira! I love how she compliments my Jedi Knight, who is Light Side and a little more by the book. Kira has the right amount of independence you'd expect from a young woman, a nice bit of snark to keep any time spent with her from becoming dull.

She... well, she has personality.

... But even under that stubborn, iron will of hers, you know her heart's in the right place. And at the end of the day, you know your life is in good hands should she ever be in charge of saving it. :p

I look forward to more time with all of my companions, but certainly Kira, in particular, is at the top of the list.