Please create a WZ Medal for amount of damage you take!

NoaFlux

I'm a Survivor gear based shadow, and though I like my character a great deal, I feel like we are a minority and we are also treated unfairly.

If you're a DPS shadow> more protection, more damage,+ you last just as long as a tank (but don't take as much damage. This is because you're killing so many people that you stay alive just as long in most situations).

If you're a TANK shadow (survivor gear) you> last longer. that's it.

It's completely unfair that the entirety of our ability, which is taking damage, is not listed on the final Warzone screen.

If we could get a medal for the amount of damage we take, or at least have it displayed on the final Warzone Log that would help us out immensely!

I understand if you don't agree with the medal. But would it take much work to display our damage? It's the least you could do.

Thanks!

Edited by NoaFlux

I'm a Survivor gear based shadow, and though I like my character a great deal, I feel like we are a minority and we are also treated unfairly.

If you're a DPS shadow> more protection, more damage,+ you last just as long as a tank (but don't take as much damage. this is because you are killing so many people that you stay alive just as long).

If you're a TANK shadow (survivor gear) you> last longer. that's it.

It's completely unfair that the entirety of our ability, which is taking damage, is not listed on the final Warzone screen.

If we could get a medal for the amount of damage we take, or at least have it displayed on the final Warzone Log that would help us out immensely!

I understand if you don't agree with the medal but would it take much work to display our damage?

It's the least you could do.

Thanks!

I like the idea. I wouldn't mind the end stats showing how long you've been CC'd either.

As a tank you already get the most medals, why do you need more?

Also, if you hover your mouse over deaths, it already shows how much damage you've taken.

Because DPS tanks can also guard (they usually blame it on this but it can be equally blamed on the fact that they can get extra damage medals).

So it's not tanks who get the most medals it's DPS tanks. I'm not a DPS tank that just it! That's what I'm trying to tell everyone we are a minority and our class has been screwed up because of them since the beg.

Either way if you don't want the medals I understand, that's messy. But would you be for the damage taken? Or like another poster mentioned a display of the amount of time CC'd?

And if you can hoover over it for damage taken (which I did not know). Than how hard would it be to included it in the window? It can't be that hard to code if it's already there.

Edited by NoaFlux

Because of a form of hybrids. You can be a tank and a dps. It's been a problem since the beg of the game. You are thinking of hybrids who role dps but have a shield gen. They get those extra medals but can also get those damage medals on top.

So it's not tanks who get the most medals it's dps tanks. I'm not a dps tank that just it! That's what I'm trying to tell everyone we are a minority and our class has been screwed up because of them since the beg.

Either way if you don't want the medals I understand, that's messy. But would you be for the damage taken? Or like another poster mentioned amount of time CC's (that would be great).

My Shadow is pure tank specced (no force in balance), but I just wear dps gear, recruit infact, but it gets a silly amount of medals without even trying, too many medals really for the work that's involved.

Damage taken against a team doing it right, will probably always be maxxed on a healer anyway, so you'd not be shining there, and cc's taken would also go to healers.

You're doing yourself no favours by being fully Survivor geared, I'm sure you stay alive long but, in the PuG warzones, the thing that makes me lose the most is that people just cannot output adequate damage, obviously damage isn't everything, and in Huttball the winning team isn't necessarily the one with the most damage, but it often is the deciding factor in the other Warzones.

As it stands, you will be able to get the 8 medals required with ease, and I'm not sure why you're asking for anything else. As I said, damage taken is already displayed.

My Shadow is pure tank specced (no force in balance), but I just wear dps gear, recruit infact, but it gets a silly amount of medals without even trying, too many medals really for the work that's involved.

Damage taken against a team doing it right, will probably always be maxxed on a healer anyway, so you'd not be shining there, and cc's taken would also go to healers.

You're doing yourself no favours by being fully Survivor geared, I'm sure you stay alive long but, in the PuG warzones, the thing that makes me lose the most is that people just cannot output adequate damage, obviously damage isn't everything, and in Huttball the winning team isn't necessarily the one with the most damage, but it often is the deciding factor in the other Warzones.

As it stands, you will be able to get the 8 medals required with ease, and I'm not sure why you're asking for anything else. As I said, damage taken is already displayed.

Yeah I agree, though I think healers should get more praise, this doesn't benefit me. I just played with a couple DPS tanks and they still get way more damage taken than me. I've considered trying to get a refund on my gear before, maybe that's what I'll have to do. It's almost a pure lie, you do not survive at all. I have researched this greatly and I thought this would help. I like the idea of lasting longer, and of Survivor Gear, and I like how my toon is atm but the thing is I could be better, and I could be helping my teams even more. I guess this was a shot in the dark. Sorry all!

Edited by NoaFlux

I'm not sure damage taken is really a rewardable stat. Damage taken without dying I could see, but otherwise people will be getting medals simply for dying 10 times (15k HP on ten deaths is 150k damage taken). I think the protection medals are fine, you can get 4 of them if you hit 50k and can easily get 3 of them in one life simply by guarding a healer once. I agree that tank classes in DPS roles easily get the most medals, but since 8 is all that matters, I don't really see the point. I think the pure DPS classes are the ones that need the most love. If you aren't getting objective points (holding mid in HB for example) on a mara or sniper then all you can rely on is 75k, 300k damage, 2.5k, 5k attack, 10, 25 enemies killed, assassin medal, and killing blow. Or hope that you win fast enough for some extra medals at the end. Even in tank gear, all of those medals are possible except maybe 300k damage and the 5k crit, but you have the added 4 medals for protection that are easily obtained.

I completely agree with both the OP and Belly. There should be a medal for damage taken and there should be a category for damage taken in the Warzone Ending Splash Screen.

I'd also say there should be a, "Most Damage Mitigated," option that only applies for damage that was NOT taken due to the use of a player activated ability (so nothing that's passive), except that damage mitigated through use of "Guard," should also apply (since the player not only has to activate the power on someone else, but also stay within a certain range of that player).

But even though I mainly play DPS classes, tanks should get some love in PvP as well.

Maybe a, "Most Damage Taken in a Single Life," medal or listing?

But that would be a healer who is making that happen for the most part.

And lets not forget, tanks in tank gear shouldn't be taking much damage anyway, infact with all their mitigation, they'd be the ones probably taking the least damage,

I completely agree with both the OP and Belly. There should be a medal for damage taken and there should be a category for damage taken in the Warzone Ending Splash Screen.

I'd also say there should be a, "Most Damage Mitigated," option that only applies for damage that was NOT taken due to the use of a player activated ability (so nothing that's passive), except that damage mitigated through use of "Guard," should also apply (since the player not only has to activate the power on someone else, but also stay within a certain range of that player).

But even though I mainly play DPS classes, tanks should get some love in PvP as well.

Well said. I didn't want to get in to this, but you said it for me so thanks.

Damage mitigated might be a better way to go. I checked the stats on damage taken and it doesn't really help. The question is about mitigation. When the in game combat log shows damage taken is that before or after it's mitigated? Does anyone know?

im also a tank shadow in fully augmented War hero survivor gear... im usually within the top 5 of every warzone but thats because i spend my time cc'ing, defending aganist 3-5 imps until backup arrives and putting slowtime, taunts, aim and dmg reduction dots on other teams so mine can make some headway, thats my job as a full tank: to piss off and annoy by surviving..this does not net me many kills or alot of dmg output hence i do not get alot of MPV votes :(

if the damage taken was shown like the others and not seen with a hover over..... i might get a few more votes and that would make me :)

the full shadow tank is a thankless job that i do enjoy :p