Meet the Developers: Jesse Sky

CourtneyWoods

As i read my own post i feel guilty of beeing too negative. I´m glad that we get some feedback from Dev. and i think it´s great to have the lowlv FP made hardmode. I actually think we got answers to our questions this time. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good answers there, though I fear you will be on a great many peoples ignore lists if you jump them into fights that they could have avoided and they wont want to be in a pick up group with you.

While there is story mode for pugs have you have correctly pointed out there is no incentive to replay the flashpoints in story as it currently stands. Even using group finder leads to 5 dailies which are as close to worthless as you can get. While the difficulty of flash points like Lost Island on Hard Mode are far too mechanically set with even the first real boss being a nightmare that can take down an over geared party very quickly if they are the wrong build. As a melee class you must see how unbalanced it is when the first boss drops energy shields that damage anyone standing near them and then incinerates those standing in front. Easy for a ranged dps to avoid a lot harder for a melee dps.

From your talk of wipes and how Lost Island has proved interesting because of its difficulty it seems that the flashpoint and ops team have designed the end game content with a level of difficulty in mind that accepts or even requires wipes to learn the mechanics. Maninly because the mechanics lead almost instantly to death there is no learning cure in the battle, rather you wipe you discuss what you did wrong and then you go back. Where as for some people wiping maybe seen as a bad thing not as a necessary part of a the fun. I personally would love to see a setting where killing trash and not wiping were rewarded as opposed to avoiding everything and suceeding as much through trial, error, wipe and repeat are currently the way things are done.

Great news to hear that the forgotten flashpoints are being worked on. I honestly hope that at least 1 or 2 are on par, or even harder than Lost Island. I agree with you that it is a pug killer, but anything other than LI is a "killer" for geared people because it is so easy. Please keep this in mind and don't cater exclusively to the "pugs".

I'm the guy who doesn't do Flashpoints anymore, because I seem to be one of the very very few people who don't want to spacebar. I've even been kicked from a group because I said I wanted to see the story. Which means I haven't even seen many of the game's Flashpoints, compounding the "I don't want to spacebar" problem.

Story mode, chief.

Thanks for the interesting interview! Nice to see a fellow art history major make good.

The Flashpoints in SWTOR have been consistently one of the most fun things in the game. At appropriate gear and character levels they are tons of fun and just the right level of challenge and I hope to see this continue.

As far as continuation of second tier flashpoints like Lost Island, I hope this continues. Beating HM LI the first time was one of the most satisfying MMO experiences I've had, and I like the idea that there are HMs that pose a real challenge. Yes, it's tough on pugs, but I think it okay to have a little bit of content for tightly organized small groups.

As far as skippable content goes, it does aggravate me. Spending 10 seconds to avoid a pat that takes 5 seconds to kill is just silly. I'm basically okay with skipping trash, especially in regards to tranqing or mezzing, since the players have to actively do something to slip by. Skippable bosses are a pet peeve; I find walking by bosses who leash or who have minuscule aggro radii totally immersion breaking.

Otherwise I continue to look forward to what is come!

Great news to hear that the forgotten flashpoints are being worked on. I honestly hope that at least 1 or 2 are on par, or even harder than Lost Island. I agree with you that it is a pug killer, but anything other than LI is a "killer" for geared people because it is so easy. Please keep this in mind and don't cater exclusively to the "pugs".

This ^. Very excited about it

I agree - I think perhaps LI was a little too overtuned at first, but I enjoy having a challenge, and not just in HM/nightmare ops.. If they can just have an item level check in place for tier 2 hard modes, it would make less painful.

Also I kind of agree with Costello that there are too many mechanics that will instantly wipe a group if you make a mistake. I think one of the things that bother me the most are the rail shots in Kephess HM. I swear sometimes we've all tried our best to move tight and quick, we try to have the tank hang back a bit, and still someone will get killed, or nearly killed.

Edited by chuixupu

Wonder if this thread will be followed by Jesse and maybe returned to once in a while. Maybe every tuesday e.x.

Would be nice to have some feedback on the direction of the game. Even if there´s no questions asked, just to say what he´s been working on the past week.

I know it was much to hope for, but still. I hoped Jesse would keep following this thread. Answer followup questions just once a week. The meeting with Jesse was good, so i´m not too disapointed. It´s just one more of thoose things that could have been even better.