Why did you pick Power Tech?

UridiumFichu

For me it was pureley flavour.

From what i read on the main website page it was the character description that appealed to me the most.

So I've hidden under a rock until my EA started and gone for it, i didn't want to be put off by any form posts regarding the class.

So far i'm very impressed by the class and am enjoying the story immensly.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having tanked for the last four-five years in that other MMO, I tried JK Guardian in my first weekend Beta and thought it was great, made it to lvl 24 and fully intended to continue with him in the follwoing weekend Beta. When that arrived my original server was no longer there and so I rerolled, decided to give the Empire a chance and figured I had seen the Force so why not try the other.

I knew I wasn't going back to JK pretty soon into the BH. I liked the story more. I enjoyed the mechanics more. I felt like a bad *** pretty much right away. I also liked my companions more. And maybe most importantly, the voice acting is simply spot on for the BH (Steve Blum 4TW).

PT is great fun. We get flames, missiles, death from above!!!, grappling line, rocket punch, jet charge, etc and do respectable damage while being able to take a beating and we look damned cool doing it 8)

Awesome thread guys! I'm finally level 10 and I'm trying to decide on an AC but I haven't been able to yet...

In WoW I played a Shammy so I'm used to Ranged DPS/Healing but I'm sort of looking for something new. Playing a tank is always something that intrigued me (being the ****** meatshield who everyone counts on!). However, I'm a little concerned about the Powertech's required range and abilities to be DPS. One of the Bounty Hunter guides I read made it sound like PowerTech was all about Melee range abilities to generate threat and dps. That just feels a little...odd for a bounty hunter. I'm not completely sold on this just yet so I thought I'd ask you all just how dependent on close range a PowerTech is and if there's any room at all to be a Range DPS/Tank. Is this a misconception here?

P.S. this is the thread in question: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544

The gameplay.

I love "dynamic" classes like powertech, for an example I find the arsenal merc spec too much stationary for my tastes. Instead PT is like running around burning people and punching them in the face shouting "hadouken" or "Get over here!" while pulling em with the grapple.

And because of the flamethrower. Kill em with Fire. :D

Edited by atreyuz

I'm a level 10 BH and i want to go PT i know were the trainer is and have all the moves from him (Death from above is amazing PvE and Flame thrower pwns!) but i don't have an option to choose AC. do i need to compltete my 3 bountys and melee first? please respond.

PS chose PT to tank and DPS

I like in your face classes. And for all the lightsaber nostalgia and flash, I liked the visual variety of the Bounty Hunter.

Upon actually playing in Beta, I really enjoyed the playstyle and energy system. I've tanked on many classes in many games, and the loose "feel" of OR seemed to suit the BH more than the Juggernaut, which never truly clicked with me despite it's obvious heritage.

Also, BURNING THINGS.

I play a hybrid tank powertech spec and do a mix of pvp and pve. Normally i play with a friend who is a healer agent. The amount of control, utility, and damage the powertech brings to the table is out of control. In pvp i can top dps charts, get the max objective points AND get 50k shielding in a game. Its too fun, i love pulling the other team off of objectives and ripping them to peices while protecting my healer at the same time. In PVE i love being able to keep aoe agro and dish out serious damage.

I had immediately decided I was going to be a Bounty Hunter even long before Beta. Then after playing the class I fell in love with it. The combination of tanking and using shields, coupled with wrist rockets was just awesome to me. With every new ability that opened up to me I became even happier. In previous games I tanked, but predominately let the die hard tanks fill the role. In SWTOR I am going to be a die hard tank from the beginning and make sure I don't fall into my old routine.

"If all else fails shoot rockets at it!!!" - Me all the time

Edited by Alphamarinextrm