My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

The problem here is simply that there are two worlds clashing. The WoW generation and an older one.

Maybe that's not really accurate but essentially this is about one group favouring sticking to your choice and choosing wisely because it will affect your entire endgame (PVE and PVP alike). If you're really unhappy you can pay a truckload of cash and switch but not on the fly for free by clicking a button. The other group wants exactly that. And I'd say the majority of this other group is DPS players.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not you.

Actually, they will. :)

The option to respec is there... you can slowly go up half of each tree (healing and dps) you just wont be the best at either... i honestly dont see the problem.

You wanna switch every 2-3 levels... craft and make more credits.

Learn to live with your decisions, instead of crying about them and how you want a cheaper do-over.

We can agree to disagree. :D

Long as you agree to healing classes being near non-existant. This is why healers are very rare in MMO's. They are the most needed class yet at the same time the worst class to play alone, so no one besides people with large guilds/couples playing together ever play them. LOTRO did healers right. A minstrel could heal AND DPS but never at the same time. This meant a person who didn't have membership in the servers biggest guild/wasn't married could play the class without cancelling their sub from boredom a week later.

well. yeah. essentially. because people could.. y'know.. just roll a tank or healer themselves.

most don't. because both roles are usually harder to level, and both roles are usually the ones who .really. need to pay attention during raids (not forgetting to mention it's always the healer who is blamed for wipes :rolleyes: )

Actually Healer in any MMO is EASY to level, the thing is most of the time they are hard to SOLO. That means you need to actually make friends, group and well.. heal. That said you constantly already see "need healer" every few minutes in this game, so if they are in such great demand.. how can they be hard to level?

What they are is a class that can't hide it's flaws. They are a class that's held accountable, that's why a lot of people don't want to play them. Sure, some don't like to heal, completely understandable, but a lot of the MMO community doesn't like to play a healer because it's a class that takes a lot of crap and almost always has an easier time leveling by grouping then solo.

Long as you agree to healing classes being near non-existant. This is why healers are very rare in MMO's. They are the most needed class yet at the same time the worst class to play alone, so no one besides people with large guilds/couples playing together ever play them. LOTRO did healers right. A minstrel could heal AND DPS but never at the same time. This meant a person who didn't have membership in the servers biggest guild/wasn't married could play the class without cancelling their sub from boredom a week later.

and it isn't cheap in lotro, either

The problem here is simply that there are two worlds clashing. The WoW generation and an older one.

Maybe that's not really accurate but essentially this is about one group favouring sticking to your choice and choosing wisely because it will affect your entire endgame (PVE and PVP alike). If you're really unhappy you can pay a truckload of cash and switch but not on the fly for free by clicking a button. The other group wants exactly that. And I'd say the majority of this other group is DPS players.

The older generation unfortunately needs to accept games are not designed for them anymore and trying to turn games not designed for them into old EQ clones is not going to help anyone. This isn't 1999 anymore and you are not going to find MMO's that solely excel at torturing paying customers.

Actually Healer in any MMO is EASY to level, the thing is most of the time they are hard to SOLO. That means you need to actually make friends, group and well.. heal. That said you constantly already see "need healer" every few minutes in this game, so if they are in such great demand.. how can they be hard to level?

What they are is a class that can't hide it's flaws. They are a class that's held accountable, that's why a lot of people don't want to play them. Sure, some don't like to heal, completely understandable, but a lot of the MMO community doesn't like to play a healer because it's a class that takes a lot of crap and almost always has an easier time leveling by grouping then solo.

Actually healer are very easy lvling in this game now

Just posted about this, I do agree they need to group to level in almost every MMO yes. Kind of an ironic statement isn't it.. needing to group in an MMO. Cute theory.

I understand the idea of picking a tree and keeping it, but what if you want to try out several different variants of the 'optional' talents each tree has? What if a certain boss in the endgame requires you to re-spec for some reason? You really want the cost of re-specs to just increase indefinitely?

I guarantee you, 100%, they will change this at some point or endgame people will quit playing the game. It's that simple.

Pretty much this. I like healing, to me its more fun than dps. However for leveling my character there is no reason to hamstring myself by picking all +healing talents that wont be used except maybe 2% of playtime until endgame.

Increasing respec costs constantly just limits the number of healers or tanks available. Because as is, I will just not be healing until end game.

The older generation unfortunately needs to accept games are not designed for them anymore and trying to turn games not designed for them into old EQ clones is not going to help anyone. This isn't 1999 anymore and you are not going to find MMO's that solely excel at torturing paying customers.

Fair enough they change.

Do you realise this old generation are paying customers as well? Do you realise some people might have different views on what fun is?

My whole point is simply this: Instead of talking extremes or telling each other why one side should accept the views of the other, we should talk constructively on how to compromise to give something to both sides.

My healer is 36 so far. I have no problem leveling solo with him. Not sure how everyone is having such a hard time grasping it. I use kaliyo to take damage while I attack what she is targeting so I don't pull.

On mini bosses I will cc the boss alot and heal my companion so she doesnt die. It's seriously very easy. I believe alot of people are trying to get hack and slash into the fight like a pure DPS would, which doesn't make sense. YOU HAVE to use your abilities.

oh I know, the OP was talking about solo content, though *shrug*

I did mention grouping in my first post ;)

do I wish it was a bit easier to solo? sure. I'm usually the last of my friends to reach end-game and I've driven people crazy, because not only do I play healers, no, of course I'm also the kind of player who runs around testing if they can survive a certain jump or climb up a certain hill and how far they can go into a certain region before a mob 20 lvl higher kills them :D

I love being a healer, doesn't mean I don't know the flaws. ranged dps is probably the only class that never has these problems, but they're usually the most common so they wait for groups for hours. both is not ideal, but survivable *shrug*

Just posted about this, I do agree they need to group to level in almost every MMO yes. Kind of an ironic statement isn't it.. needing to group in an MMO. Cute theory.

No one wants to group all the time in an MMO. People want to be able to log in for 15 minutes and still get a couple of quests done.

If a game's healing classes can only be stomached by the minority of players who love the idea of having to group for just about every piece of content, the game is going to have very few healers.

Edited by carnac_fett

This is terrible. I have to go back to healing, and back to gunnery (dps) in order to heal some heroics and flashpoints. But when questing as a healer, ITS MISERABLY SLOW.

Make respecs like 10k credits max. I don't understand why you feel the need to charge outrageous sums of credits for a respec.

I mean if you aren't going to have some form of dual spec at launch, make sure that respccing doesn't cost me my genitals.

Because the QQ kids want every decision you make to be meaningful or some other stupid lame excuse (IMO they just want to keep their status of the special tanks and healers of the game). Sacrificing a more readily available pool of tanks and healers for the community to play with.

So now, we have to wait HOURS for a tank and/or healer to pop up for an instance since hardly anyone likes to level as a low DPS tank or healer, and no one in their right mind wants to pay 33k in credits to respec everytime they feel like running a FP.

It's free. I click a button and turn on my combat stance. Boom. I do DPS.

I wasn't taking about 'war speech', I was talking about respecing. even with war speech a minstrel is never anything more than 'survivable' with dps. while you kill 1 mob the hunter next to you kills 10