My respec costs 36550 credits now

Skaarrj

Definitely needs:

1) Dual Spec Option

2) Cap of either 5k or 10k on respec cost.

I prefer solution #2, as ppl arent defining what is a dual spec, the best solution is a 5k-10k cap on doing so...

yet if we loot 50k credit per missions its clear that 10k cap is a bit low, but i dont know yet im not lvl50... and i feel like 10k atm is expensive to me at lvl20+ ....

ive respec'ed 2 time now to try a skill tree once then reassigning my skills based upon the lvl24+ content...

I know plenty of game that let ppl respec to fullfill a role in a raid or group and im not talking about wow. Its much more fun like this, it is less waiting time for LFG, etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3..good one.

l2count?

And again they said its something they would "like to add"....that does not mean its definite. You put your own spin on it...

When none of the pro dual spec crowd can provide a good reason beyond "it suits me personally and its just easier that way..."

See what I did there?

It allows player flexibility.

It allows groups and raids to continue should a healer or tank be unable to complete the content.

It prevents shoehorning of a player into a role they may not like

It increases the availability of healers and tanks for group content.

Should I go on? There's 4 good reasons to have DS.

And "We'd like to add it after launch" means exactly that. Its coming. Otherwise they'd have said something like "Well, we're talking about dual spec, but we're not sure if it fits our design philosophy, so don't count on it."

I vote for a system where you can buy a second spec for ~50k and you can switch between those 2 specs for free at a respec npc. If you want to change something in that spec, you have to shell out for the cost of a respec. This would allow people to switch between healing and some other role, but still have to pay to change up how that role plays.

Think about vanilla wow. 50 gold, was a a full days work back then. Maybe 2 days depending on what you're doing. From what Im seeing at level 19, if you have to spend 50K a pop at level 50, that seems about right.

if there is no cap and it keeps going up, thats not good. 3 expansions from now we'll be spending 2.5 billion a respec.

It allows player flexibility.

It allows groups and raids to continue should a healer or tank be unable to complete the content.

It prevents shoehorning of a player into a role they may not like

It increases the availability of healers and tanks for group content.

Should I go on? There's 4 good reasons to have DS.

And "We'd like to add it after launch" means exactly that. Its coming. Otherwise they'd have said something like "Well, we're talking about dual spec, but we're not sure if it fits our design philosophy, so don't count on it."

Good points

Yet BioWare is going to give you the choice of having two (2) specs without having to pay a cost to respec also known as Dual-Spec.

If Dual-Spec was not going to be implemented, then I would agree with you.

Yeah I know they changed their minds on it because of all the QQing of the forums. Really does suck though. Hate bumping into a level 50 tank who has never tanked before. Still, good job I have a guild I guess.

The whole point is it's meant to cost a lot.... they don't want you respecing a lot. Which personally I think's a good idea. It means we don't end up with people not knowing their classes.

This is absolutely ridiculous. This stuff isn't rocket science. You can pick up on how to play your class very easily initially and slowly refine it over time.

This lack of a dual spec is a big problem and it is an enormous barrier to creating more group play opportunities. I know the devs have said that the dual spec is coming down the pipe, but hopefully the more posts we see on this issue...the greater they will increase the priority of this change. Healers and tanks shouldn't have to bear the financial weight of allowing everyone else to experience an instance, but that is exactly what is happening right now because some of these instances, particularly the later ones...require the holy trinity.

As mentioned by previous posters, Dual-Spec will be implemented per the Development team.

Given this information, there is absolutely no reason why respec'ing to simulate the Dual-Spec should be an excessive fee until Dual-Spec is implemented.

Once Dual-Spec is implemented, then BW should resume with a graduated cost structure for respec'ing based on frequency of use.

Care to provide a source for that that which says something other than "we would like to.."

Last time I checked that does not constitute "will be implemented as per the Development team"

Driz

I prefer solution #2, as ppl arent defining what is a dual spec, the best solution is a 5k-10k cap on doing so...

Dual spec is the ability to have two different talent specifications set up and ready to go when a switch is needed. Usually the switch can be made only out of combat, and has a lengthy cast time. It allows a player to fulfill two different roles in a group or a raid. It also provides the benefit of allowing someone that plays a healer or tank primarily to be able to quest efficiently solo.

Its still a mystery to me why people hate it.

Your not?

You can respec your points at any time.

It just costs creds so you have to put some effort in if you want to do it.

How is that unreasonable?

You get a free respec to start with and we already know from OPs whine that after a few respecs you could end up paying like 35k...wow...a whole 35k?

How punishing is THAT in return for a respec?....Not very imo.

Driz

Yeah man I'm just SWIMMING in credits. So for a night of endgame I have to spec heals, 35k. end of the night respeccing back so I can quest, it goes up to lets say 36k.

Hey man lets run a few flash points a day later. 38k

Next day want to quest and pvp 40k to go back to dps.

If I had to spend that amount in wow for my average activities for a week, I'd be at roughly 300k-500k "credits" just for a week of playing.

Yeah man I'm just SWIMMING in credits. So for a night of endgame I have to spec heals, 35k. end of the night respeccing back so I can quest, it goes up to lets say 36k.

If I had to spend that amount in wow for my average activities for a week, I'd be at roughly 300k-500k "credits" just for a week of playing.

Exactly. You should totally just pick a spec and stick with it you waffler.

You'll have a bunch of people NOT knowing their class cause they never try anything.

Tho im not sure which way your argument is going... i can say that the way i understanding it is that ppl will be less good since they wont know how to play different tree of their Advanced class?

It is wrong to think it will affect you that much and that player are that much incompetent...

JUST freaking ask ppl if they know what to do, if they dont yet if they dont anwser you, search for another groupmate...

just account that every player will once endup trying respec and will need 5min to understand their new role, it will be done after... you wont be getting ppl everytime u log on that dont know their class just because respec exist in the game...

Edited by lethalphil

Kinda have to agree here, give us a dual spec item, or cap the respec cost.

Yup. They have to hard cap the credit cost. Or instead of soft capping respecs, they should just set a steadfast limit on how many times you can respec. "You may only respec 5 times in this game." Heck, why not limit the amount of respecs to accounts instead of characters?

The backlash from this soft cap is going to be just as bad as the backlash from not having respecs at all.

Bioware claims that they want players to play their way. Well, here is one issue where it's time to put their money where their mouth is. Hard limits on respec costs, or bust!

the chance that happen to you is very small, and it is the worst excuse we have seen in this thread(i can tell you your not the first to pull it either)

It is wrong to think it will affect you that much and that player are that much incompetent...

JUST freaking ask ppl if they know what to do, if they dont yet if they dont anwser you, search for another groupmate...

just account that every player will once endup trying respec and will need 5min to understand their new role, it will be done after... you wont be getting ppl everytime u log on that dont know their class just because respec exist in the game... cmon...

Unless are you that afraid to die once or twice in a game?

its very bad to think that any other player will fail at playing the other skill trees just because you think they too dumb to figure it out, and that because there is a respec feature that is affordable...

How about reading what the guy I quote said

Now say your sorry

Here we are again.

Thats because it is supposed to be prohibitive!!

Driz

This is absolutely ridiculous. This stuff isn't rocket science. You can pick up on how to play your class very easily initially and slowly refine it over time.

This lack of a dual spec is a big problem and it is an enormous barrier to creating more group play opportunities. I know the devs have said that the dual spec is coming down the pipe, but hopefully the more posts we see on this issue...the greater they will increase the priority of this change. Healers and tanks shouldn't have to bear the financial weight of allowing everyone else to experience an instance, but that is exactly what is happening right now because some of these instances, particularly the later ones...require the holy trinity.

The devs were actually against dual specing being in at all, and are only putting it in because of the QQ. Also as a healer I don't mind the 'weight' it's actually beneficial to be unique spec, because you find groups for heroics and instances much more easily. :p

Yup. They have to hard cap the credit cost. Or instead of soft capping respecs, they should just set a steadfast limit on how many times you can respec. "You may only respec 5 times in this game." Heck, why not limit the amount of respecs to accounts instead of characters?

dont give troll bad ideas...

I don't understand why people are so anti-dual spec. Unless they can give a valid reason why it affects them on an individual level, I honestly think they are just making a big stink to quash everyone else's right to choose...

You're worse than those anti-abortion republicans, in that your beliefs aren't even germane to anything other than your smug sense of superiority.

I don't understand why people are so anti-dual spec. Unless they can give a valid reason why it affects them on an individual level, I honestly think they are just making a big stink to quash everyone else's right to choose...

You're worse than those anti-abortion republicans, in that your beliefs aren't even germane to anything other than your smug sense of superiority.

The only reason for dual spec you have come up with is essentially it makes your life easier...you can have access to the full spectrum of your AC without having to work for it.

I dont consider that a valid reason as your personal wants are outweighed by the negative affect that dual spec would have on the community in general.

Driz

PLAY IT like your stupid and got forever to live.

PLAY IT HARDCORE!

spend 300hours for 1st char then 100hours just so you can have exact copy of a 2nd one(100hours mean skipping all video etc)

You endup with a commando-healer and a commando-dps

you spend 400hours while only 300hours was necessary with a system to switch spec.

100hours is still a hardcore solution, force you to manage different friend list etc

but hey, thats how hardcore player does it, and it represent 99.9% of the community and im the 0.01% i am bound to be wrong