Increases Max Energy by 5.

oaceen

is this useful?

i'm a scrapper in PVE only (i know, i know), sitting with the 2-set bonus for 15% backblast critical.

i'm wondering if it's even worth it to go for the extra 5 energy or not. can any PVE dps scoundrels chime in on its usefulness?

it doesn't seem like the smuggle or dodge duration increase would be all that useful for me, so my other option seems to be the extra 3s on flyby. i can do the math, and it looks like a huge increase. if i understand it correctly, that's a 30% increase in damage from flyby, is that correct?

i have a feeling the 2-set of each will be the way to go, but i wanted to see some opinions before i spend a few hundred k and make the grind since i have never PVP'd on my scoundrel and generally don't like to PVP much anymore

Edited by oaceen

The +5 energy max increase is even worse than it at first seems, because it also moves your boundary for max energy regen from 60 to 63. So you get an extra 2 energy to spend while staying in max regen band.

Whoop-de-doo, big cheer there. Get the field tech gear for an extra Flyby tick.

2 set PvE Enforcer's (Armorings/Shells), 2 set PvP Field Tech's (WH or BM Shells).

All you need to know.

yeah, that's what i was thinking. good to know.

The +5 energy max increase is even worse than it at first seems, because it also moves your boundary for max energy regen from 60 to 63. So you get an extra 2 energy to spend while staying in max regen band.

Whoop-de-doo, big cheer there. Get the field tech gear for an extra Flyby tick.

ugh, so yeah. my scoundrel just threw up a little bit over how awful this set bonus is >:(

Anyone else think it was meant to be +50 like the one Shadows get?

+50 would have been pretty powerful, though maybe not completely out of line considering some other classes 4-set bonus. +15 would feel like something worth slotting for.

I've really been hoping they would add in a new set bonus. None of our set bonuses are all that good. The only one I kind of like is +15% crit chance for back blast, and even that is a little "meh". But yet, set after set of armor keeps coming out, each with the same set bonuses.

+15 energy would certainly be nice and yes the +15% Backblast is the best set bonus. I go for the +1 second duration to Dodge secondary set bonus myself because Dodge is a powerful ability and I use it waaaay more than my XS Flyby.

At first I thought the +15% applied to Shoot First as well and was confused at my parses telling me otherwise, but then I checked the set bonus again, thinking it was bugged, and saw Shoot First wasn't listed. Was it at any point, if anyone remembers, or did I just skim through, see +15% and assumed it worked on Shoot First as well? It would be wonderful if it did, since seeing 1300 damage Shoot Firsts makes me sadface.

Edited by Daiyukie

+15 energy would certainly be nice and yes the +15% Backblast is the best set bonus. I go for the +1 second duration to Dodge secondary set bonus myself because Dodge is a powerful ability and I use it waaaay more than my XS Flyby.

At first I thought the +15% applied to Shoot First as well and was confused at my parses telling me otherwise, but then I checked the set bonus again, thinking it was bugged, and saw Shoot First wasn't listed. Was it at any point, if anyone remembers, or did I just skim through, see +15% and assumed it worked on Shoot First as well? It would be wonderful if it did, since seeing 1300 damage Shoot Firsts makes me sadface.

Nope. Always just been for Backblast. You might have got confused, since the set bonus likes listing both factions' abilities.

For PVE, it's not that big of a deal. We use Backblast a lot more than Shoot First. But I know I'd love a way to ensure a crit for Shoot First in PVP.