no more black hole comms in story EC?

- In nightmare mode, most bosses in Karagga’s Palace now have a chance to drop the M0-GUL Thrall Droid or Karagga’s Unyielding Helm.

Jesse, may I ask you for this reasoning if there is still a chance to get the Midnight Rakghoul from Lost Island Hard Mode? I did run this FP in HM like 100 times but never have seen the pet. So I would like to know if it's still obtainable and if you maybe lowered the drop rate at some point?!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, may I ask you for this reasoning if there is still a chance to get the Midnight Rakghoul from Lost Island Hard Mode? I did run this FP in HM like 100 times but never have seen the pet. So I would like to know if it's still obtainable and if you maybe lowered the drop rate at some point?!

I've seen it a 3 or 4 times. Always greeded though, because I'm not into pet collecting, so I don't have him personally. I think you've just been unlucky. He really is very cute!

Well, I am a pet collector and just can't get it that in all runs the pet never dropped. It's the same for the Kephess Mount on EC HM: Our Raid team is running it now for like 5 Months week for week and it never dropped.

In my opinion the drop chance has to be increased. Would be nice to hear from a Dev what the drop chance actually is. Like <1%?

Regarding the rare stuff, I dont feel like drop chance should be increased or everyone will have it. The fact that it's rare is what's fun and what sets it apart. There should always be some stuff that's rare.

And for the record, I dont have any of them. We have had Kephess' mount drop twice and a companion customization once. Course the mount will be a guaranteed drop in Nightmare

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be spammed. But still, it's kinda frustrating if you run LI HM around 100 times and you never saw the pet dropping. Same for the mount at Kephess. We cleared it the past months week for week and never saw it dropping. If you see that there are at least 8 guys in a Raid and everyone wants to have it how long should it in your opinion take to get that mount? Years?

Well done! Thank you for the communications. Not sure what's happening at Bioware lately, but the level of communications with the customers is MUCH BETTER! Keep up the good work.

Make's sense, and it seems to be a good trade off on the BH Comms.

Any chance those that have outstanding tickets for missing BH Comm's from NM KP going to get them issued?

I agree that Midnight Rakling drop rate is CRAZY low as well. I've YET to see him drop either after several months.

More likely they decided to remove bh coms from it to stop people for gearing up so quickly so they can earn more money from subscribers. Bioware's become nothing but a company who only cares about money and not their players.

The midnight rakling drop chance is crazy low, but it exists, I've gotten it on two characters.

LOL, I never even knew where can you get it. Never seen it in LI.

Having rare drops in Ops and FPs is a good thing though imho.

I did it this last week and the pet (midnight rakling) dropped in Hm Li on the Droid boss! So it is still obtainable. That being said I have done sm, hm, and nim Kp every week (2sm's, 1hm, 1nim) and have only seen the mouse droid pet drop once on SM, and I still have yet to see the hat drop.

-Hermionee @ The Harbinger

So let me step in here and explain why these changes were made and what we'll be doing to improve the current situation.

When Explosive Conflict was released, it was stuffed full of Black Hole Commendations in all difficulty modes, which was not actually intentional. For some guilds, this setup heavily incentivized running a single Operation twice every week to maximize their accrual rate. For other guilds, this made the prospect of attempting hard mode risky and inefficient compared to sticking with story mode. It was awkward and puzzling, but it sort of worked, so we left it as is.

With the balance adjustments to Explosive Conflict in 1.4, we took the opportunity to correct the loot packages. Story mode is intended for players who want to run Operations in a more relaxed atmosphere; it's not meant to replace or bypass hard modes, but it should offer incentives that smoothly segue into the higher difficulties. Unfortunately, we erred on the low side with those incentives and failed to communicate the changes for 1.4. We apologize for the oversight.

So here are the changes you'll be seeing in 1.4.3:

- Increased Black Hole Commendations granted by [WEEKLY] Galactic Operations from 8 to 15.

- Increased Black Hole Commendations granted by [WEEKLY] Galactic Crisis Points from 8 to 20.

- The final boss of Terror From Beyond now drops additional Black Hole pieces in story mode. (+2 in 8-man, +4 in 16-man)

- The final boss of Explosive Conflict now drops additional Black Hole pieces in story mode. (+2 in 8-man, +4 in 16-man)

The key here is that guilds running story mode aren't forced to play it safe every week, but it's perfectly valid if they'd like to. The weekly missions should provide a good avenue for guilds gearing up for the recent hard modes, especially with the upcoming addition of Campaign Armorings to the Black Hole vendors in 1.5. It also makes more sense - Operations should be the best source of gear commendations regardless of difficulty mode.

As for nightmare mode Karagga's Palace, the commendations were actually removed as a side-effect of migrating the chests out in favor of putting loot directly on the bosses; however, the updated boss loot did not make it into 1.4. In 1.4.3, the commendations will be migrated to the weekly mission, and the vanity items will be moved directly onto the bosses:

- [WEEKLY] Deadly Operations now grants 10 Black Hole Commendations.

- In nightmare mode, the Dessler Turbo is now guaranteed to drop directly from Karagga the Unyielding.

- In nightmare mode, most bosses in Karagga’s Palace now have a chance to drop the M0-GUL Thrall Droid or Karagga’s Unyielding Helm.

One of our top priorities for future updates is to shape the endgame gear progression into something more coherent. We’ll also be working harder to keep a dialogue open with you guys. Good hunting!

Good, thorough, well-reasoned answer. Need a few of these in the pvp forums.