Did I hear this right?

Uluain

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they add anything relative to this before fixing issues or adding valid game content I will drop my subscription.

They've already fixed a lot of issues and have added content. They added some Ops and there's a warzone coming. There's always going to be new issues. If they have to wait until there's none then it's never going to happen.

They've already fixed a lot of issues and have added content. They added some Ops and there's a warzone coming. There's always going to be new issues. If they have to wait until there's none then it's never going to happen.

And he said valid content without qualifying what that is, meaning that bug fixes trump everything all the time. The entire game stagnates while Bioware tries to figure out why '~' causes a client crash.

We'd like to remind everyone that this thread's purpose is to ask for clarifications or updates on SGRAs

As this point not sure how to ask because seems to me apart switching the language there's not much different/new people can do or write :)

More seriously would you mind answering:

SGRAs:

• For new quest lines only?
  • Actual companions romances are/will be revisited?

Edited by Deewe

For those asking for a link to the Daniel Erickson quote regarding "this year," from the Guild Summit, I'll just post the

Edit: FAQ has been updated with the video link.

Lets all hope its something that never ever gets into the game, after all only .00001 percent of the population want this and far more don't.

Lets all hope its something that never ever gets into the game, after all only .00001 percent of the population want this and far more don't.

Well, this content is being added anyway. During the guild summit 6 months ago they said they were working on it.

For those asking for a link to the Daniel Erickson quote regarding "this year," from the Guild Summit, I'll just post the

Edit: FAQ has been updated with the video link.

1. He left the boat
  2. They let go many devs since and re-focused on small short term content, ie not V.O

Edited by Deewe

1. He left the boat
  2. They let go many devs since and re-focused on small short term content, ie not V.O

You have a link to prove no VO from now on? I'm assuming VO is voice over.

Edited by utio

Copying and pasting this from the Story and Lore thread:

Well, this is..interesting. I just got this reply via email.

Hey Real Name, here's what they told us:

"We too have gotten a lot of questions about this and should be able to issue an answer soon. We had to be able to confirm things and we’re getting closer to that point. As soon as we have final confirmation that is happening, we’ll let you know to give you a heads up."

Not sure if that helps you any, but it's the latest we've got. Thanks,

---

Brendan Sinclair

Staff Writer, GamesIndustry International

I guess that's a yes? Not very helpful and sure as Hades not a clear answer. It's an answer true, but it's about as clear as mud. :mad:

We need clarity BW-Austin. Not a murky answer to the press.

Why they won't come out and say a peep to us escapes me. I still don't count this an official answer, just a blurb to quiet the media. A clear answer would be one given to the players on the ToR forums and/or site, from a developer or other current representative of the company.

I'm still going to keep right on truckin' though. Get those mails off to GLAAD. I'll let you know if I get any more updates.

You have a link to prove no VO from now on? I'm assuming VO is voice over.

Yes: story mode on hold as too expensive and takes too much time.

Note: didn't say no story mode. But not the focus atm.

Edited by Deewe

Copying and pasting this from the Story and Lore thread:

Well, this is..interesting. I just got this reply via email.

I guess that's a yes? Not very helpful and sure as Hades not a clear answer. It's an answer true, but it's about as clear as mud. :mad:

We need clarity BW-Austin. Not a murky answer to the press.

Why they won't come out and say a peep to us escapes me. I still don't count this an official answer, just a blurb to quiet the media. A clear answer would be one given to the players on the ToR forums and/or site, from a developer or other current representative of the company.

I'm still going to keep right on truckin' though. Get those mails off to GLAAD. I'll let you know if I get any more updates.

That's a very intriguing answer. Neither a yes or a no, but it tells us that they are indeed doing something about it, but in reality "soon" in the game business can mean anytime between now and the end of the game. BW has been very neglecting in this subject, but by the tone of that message it doesn't seem like it would be a no. Regardless, hearing this has given me the slightest degree of hope. Let's see if they don't betray that by thinking they can appease us with another "soon" and neglect us again for another year.

That's a very intriguing answer. Neither a yes or a no, but it tells us that they are indeed doing something about it, but in reality "soon" in the game business can mean anytime between now and the end of the game. BW has been very neglecting in this subject, but by the tone of that message it doesn't seem like it would be a no. Regardless, hearing this has given me the slightest degree of hope. Let's see if they don't betray that by thinking they can appease us with another "soon" and neglect us again for another year.

Sounds more like a "we have no idea because we haven't even discussed it yet" to me. "We will let you know when we confirm whether we are confirming this. Or not." Please. :rolleyes: Not sure why BW-Austin is so afraid of "the gays" after all the success BW-Edmonton has had with being an inclusive developer and building a relationship with this part of the community but enough is enough. If BW-Austin want to continue building a reputation of exclusion and discrimination fine, I'll just go elsewhere.

I'm pretty much giving up on BW-Austin at this point. They've made what should have been a complete non-issue and the content simply included from the start into a mountain of an issue that requires contacting LGBT groups just to get a confirmation that they don't have any confirmations. Ridiculous.

Sounds more like a "we have no idea because we haven't even discussed it yet" to me. "We will let you know when we confirm whether we are confirming this. Or not." Please. :rolleyes: Not sure why BW-Austin is so afraid of "the gays" after all the success BW-Edmonton has had with being an inclusive developer and building a relationship with this part of the community but enough is enough. If BW-Austin want to continue building a reputation of exclusion and discrimination fine, I'll just go elsewhere.

I'm pretty much giving up on BW-Austin at this point. They've made what should have been a complete non-issue and the content simply included from the start into a mountain of an issue that requires contacting LGBT groups just to get a confirmation that they don't have any confirmations. Ridiculous.

It could be a condescending message, yes. They could just be trying to brush us off. After all you guys have done, they should know that they won't get rid of us that easily. Since the game began, BioWare has been terrified of displeasing their customers, that's why they give in to every demand made on these forums. They know any answer they give us will be met with outrage, so they're trying to play it as carefully as possible. They are afraid of us. It's unfortunate that this is what it's come to in regards to BW's first step into the MMO world. Maybe if they try again they'll learn that they can't please everyone and just stick to whatever they stand for (same sex relationships being one of them) and not what gives them the most money.

Edited by Ketchum

1. He left the boat

I don't think this is the case with VOs. I think that, given how long it would take for story content, they are likely to hold most of it back for one big update (like an expansion). That way we don't just get like...one quest at a time.

Really that isn't any different than any other MMO. Look at WoW; they have mostly short term updates like new raids but then you get one giant update with new lore and story with the expansions. I have no reason to believe this won't be the case for TOR as well.

I don't think this is the case with VOs. I think that, given how long it would take for story content, they are likely to hold most of it back for one big update (like an expansion). That way we don't just get like...one quest at a time.

Really that isn't any different than any other MMO. Look at WoW; they have mostly short term updates like new raids but then you get one giant update with new lore and story with the expansions. I have no reason to believe this won't be the case for TOR as well.

As long as they don't make us pay for that extra content, I'm fine with that. It would be the final nail in the coffin for me if they ask us to buy SGRs.

As long as they don't make us pay for that extra content, I'm fine with that. It would be the final nail in the coffin for me if they ask us to buy SGRs.

Buy sex at the cash shop!! SGR anything goes if the price is right. Droids with special parts just for you. Remove the Fade to black screen and see what really goes on.

I don't think it would look good for them to sale sex in their shop

Buy sex at the cash shop!! SGR anything goes if the price is right. Droids with special parts just for you. Remove the Fade to black screen and see what really goes on.

I don't think it would look good for them to sale sex in their shop

While true, if they decide to include it in an actual expansion, it might well go that way too. Not for SGRs alone, but for say... Chapter 4 + Level cap + SGRs + new companions, etc.